It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Cheers man

If you ponder it, it really makes sense. because we are so emotional, why would we be technological? Do we give robots emotions? NO. Why? Because, just as they show in the movies, it would backfire on us because emotions are unpredictable when undisciplined. Surely thats why we really shouldnt be in the possession of technology. Look what happens in the heat of the moment when emotions get to you:

, and even the most highly trained soldier isn't a robot and has a mental trigger that could cause a snap. A scientist losing the plot....we're fragile. Too fragile to own powerful technology. We are far too imperfect...and the only way to perfect our species is not through genetic manipulation or selective breeding...its meditation and appreciation of the planet that has been given to us, that sustains our life, provides the air we breathe. Appreciation of the Sun...and the light and heat it provides us to sustain the life on this planet, and therefore us....and finally...to appreciate and love whatever it is that caused this whole universe to come into existence...whether it is God, or the Big Bang (seriously...when you visualise the Big Bang...it doesnt seem too far a step from the Ball of light some people imagine God to be...so, honestly, Atheists are merely looking at 'God' from a different perspective), but the point of this all is to Love. Love is Light is Life. Hate is Dark is Death.

I have read, and truly believe, only recently, that this planet is given to us in this format, already prepared with food and all the ingredients to live WITHOUT technology. We dont need medicine. Technology brought about new sickness' IMO...when we decided to turn our back on nature, and the way of nature, is when nature decided to start turning her back on us. I am certain she is a living being....and we are ignorant if we think she would not scratch the fleas off her back like a dog does if we kept stabbing her, and stripping her and poisoning her. She has that right, just as we do when we are being attacked.

Has anyone read the The Book of Enoch

It explains how Angels (Just a name for a being coming from the sky) came down and taught humans things they weren't meant to know such as Astrology and Alchemy, and they bred with our women. These children that they created were giants. They had insatiable apetites and eventually 'God' sent Gabriel to cleanse the planet. This was the Great Flood.

Whatsay the 'Alchemy' they taught was infact technology, even Nuclear technology. There is just so much hidden info to speculate on, especially with all the historic texts giving us examples of Nuclear war, Higher beings, Space craft and what not. In fact, I completely agree with the statement that there is more evidence supporting the existence of higher beings than not. Reading this OP just gives yet another potential piece to the puzzzle.

Anyone here want to hazard a fictional guess at the timeline of events?
edit on 21-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I wonder if nuclear explosions or uranium meltdown could have occured naturally on earth at some point in history. Is it possible that a uranium deposit that is inundated with molten lava/mama to cause a nuclear sized explosion. I'm not very keen on nuclear armament or technology so I'm not sure what it would take to create such an explosion, but if a "meltdown" at a power plant can cause a huge radioactive explosion due to overheated enriched uranium, couldn't you guess that heating a uranium deposit to earth mantle temperatures cause an enormous pressure under the surface that releases itself as a nuclear explosion. Just a thought.

If this is possible then it could be that such massive explosions were simply natural and therefore their explanation and depiction was inevitable.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 11165

Very interesting article. Apparently, someone had a handle on how to properly utilize nuclear reactions, we just are not there yet. These are the kind of facts that show just how much we don't know about this world we live in.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Howdy

The "article' is a mishmash of long ago debunked nonsense.

None of what is stated for Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro occurred nor are the cities 'melted'.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal.

Nope made up the only true statement is that there is a report from a Soviet source that did make up this stuff. Which is based on a a very bias misinterpretation of bodies that have higher radiation - but these are not from Harappa and come from an area of India were there is natural radiation in the water system. H and MD were excavated in the 1920-30 when there was no way to detect radiation, before Hiroshima......etc, etc

These same statements have been rehashed here and elsewhere scores of times - take a moment and go back to the other 20-30 threads on this same subject and do just a bit, a tiny bit of research.

The real Mohendaro

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

That's a good point. If the civilsations of our technologically and scientifically advanced ancestors were wiped out by some manmade cataclysm, we would expect to find their ruined infrastructure scattered all over the place, in the ground. Perhaps someone who knows about this subject can chime in here, but I am pretty sure that metals take thousands of years to decompose, and glass much, much longer. We know that buildings, temples and so on can survive, as there are plenty of those spread about the world. But what about the finer inventions of these supposedly advanced extinct peoples - you know, the gadgets - where are they?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8

Before the Great Flood:
Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
Genesis 6:5

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonRain311
Wonderful thread sir. Very well done and explained. In my opinion we are not the first civilization to reach technological prowess. I thoroughly believe that every several thousand years we reach a pinnacle in technology then our avarice destroys us all.

Call me silly if you may but there are times I truly wonder whether or not we are just making the exact same mistakes as human beings in our choices and our apparent inability to leave radioactive material alone.

S and F to you sir.

[/quote Agreed . we keep repeating same stuff over and over again as it is all stored in our genetic code or memory . Seems hard to break the cycle . i say too that there are a certain amount of genetic templates that are used for bodies , thus similar looking people to you are elsewhere on the planet

Its like they cant afford anymore . Maybe they are also cost cutting since they also are existing in the down cycle

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is said in many ancient texts from different civilizations that the Golden Age of mankind (around 11,000BC to 6700 BC) was way more advanced both technologically and biologically than even today.

But according to conventional archealogy, man was a primitive being at that time!

Theres so much to history which has been lost and destroyed through the ages that I fear it will take a longo time to ever resurface...

edit on 21-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: nrg

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If there are high levels of radioactivity in these parts of India,it may well be that it was a natural event.
See links below for how the earth can and does sometimes create self sustaining nuke reactors via natural geological processes:

en.wikipedia.org...

Today we run reactors by taking uranium and enriching it in the one isotope, U-235, that fissions the most so that an energy-producing chain reaction can take place.
Without enrichment, you can pile up tons of uranium and it won't make any heat. Nevertheless, in 1972 the remains of a natural, spontaneously formed uranium reactor were found in ancient rocks of the African nation of Gabon, in the Oklo uranium mine.
What made such a thing possible was that in the distant past uranium was naturally enriched in U-235, that is, less of it had decayed away by nuclear fission. About 1.7 billion years ago, to be more precise, a natural deposit of uranium ore was radioactive enough to generate about 100 kilowatts of heat, off and on, for more than a million years.

geology.about.com...

Reality can be stranger than fiction-although in this case,the ancient nuclear war theory sounds pretty far out.
Also-I thought the "vimanas" documents were "channeled" about 150 years ago,although I can't find a supporting link at the moment.

edit,found a link:

It is worth spending a little time speaking of the Vaimanika Shastra. This is a document which supposedly discusses the vimanas' construction. It is a channeled document from the early 20th Century. Nobody claims there is an earlier version. So, it is not a hoax. But it is difficult to assess well.

www.alieninfluence.com...

Hmmm-"it is a channeled document...so it is not a hoax"
Depends upon your vies of channeling I guess.
edit on 21/7/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: added link

edit on 21/7/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: hmm

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
no way in h*ll we had the technology to make fussion weapons back then. Too dificult to build, and extremely fragile. how come we havent found research labs, or machinery to help build these things yet? My theory is who ever detonated these weapons brought the technology here, and took it with them to where ever they went. The ancient astronaut theory is sounding more, and more plausible every day. have you guys seen this vid yet?
www.youtube.com... just watched it yesterday, and gives some pretty damning evidence to the case.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
All I can do is LOL in amazement at the arrogance of us. This arrogance in the case of many causes them to be "dumb smart".

It's really obvious to anyone who opens their eyes and really ponder. First, you have to deprogram yourself from the science you have been taught. It's full of outright lies and incomplete.

Man has been on this planet MUCH longer than we've been taught academically. It's like we're caught in a cycle of ascension and then descension. We reach what we think is the pinnacle of civilization and then something happens, we are destroyed and knocked back to zero to start all over again.

The problem folks is that as someone else said, it appears we aren't meant to have this technology. Our purpose is to grow spiritually, but each time our purpose is hijacked by our fascination with technology. We stand here once again smelling our musk and exhalting ourselves because of the level of technology we've achieved. There are some who will reply to this post with some remark about how we owe everything to technology and get off the internet, etc. These are the people who destroy mankind again and again.

Technology is the substitute for natural ability. We're attempting to bring the wonders we've experienced in the spirit world/dimension to this simulated and temporary world. It will never work. Right now we have people who are attempting to find the key to immortality for us on this world, when that isn't what this world is meant for.

This world is meant for our enjoyment and learning on a spiritual level. If we achieved this, we wouldn't need planes to fly or the internet to communicate.

I can't say exactly who, but someone keeps giving us "science" to lead us astray each time

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Greetings,

The reason the ancients and modern scientists/politicians/war lords use uranium for their nuclear projects is the plutonium byproduct. It is plutonium that is used for bombs.
If we were to use thorium we would have an unlimited, cheap, safe power. Problem is, thorium does not have a plutonium byproduct. THIS WAS KNOWN IN THE 40's when we started our nuclear projects. Once again death was the winner over life. peswiki.com has some good info about this plus whats on the web. This is well known amongst the scientific community. Why haven't they called for a change.

Now, a cold fusion device developed and mnfg'd in Italy is coming on the market. This is also being suppressed here. See peswiki.com about this also.

No only industry, but the DOE and other gov agencies have blatantly suppressed techn that could provide free power.

We do not live in a free country and personally, I no longer feel obliged to pledge my allegiance to this oppressive system/government.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I doubt it man, if people back in the day were as advanced as us right now there would be proof everywhere. Nukes pack a powerful punch but not powerful enough to destory the entire world and wipe away all evidence of a high tech civilization. Now if you want to talk about dark matter bombs yeah they could destory everything and there currently being researched...never know could already be done with it

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
deffinately very cool, gives us something to think about.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
If nuclear war decimated the earth today, and civilization was brought to it's knees technologically, within a relatively short time frame there would be little left to prove what we once were. Within a few thousand years, there would be no metal structures or vehicles, no wooden structures...no roads or cities. ( We have no idea how long plastic takes to return to the earth). If in 5000 years man again became advanced, they would nary believe the tales of our achievements

This reminds me of the History Channel TV Show "Life After People". It's a fascinating show for anyone wondering what would happen to human legacy if humans... disappeared or otherwise were brought to their knees.

Here are some clips:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm fairly new to Zechariah Sitchin's works, but IMO this all fits perfectly with his telling of history. If indeed the Annunaki were highly civilised and first came here hundreds of thousands of years ago, and created mankind as a slave race, then that offers plenty of time for the thousands of years required for all signs of civilisation to perish. It seems to me that the sagas and myths of the old religions are simply reports of what our creators - an extra-terrestrial race often known as the Annunaki - did whilst here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

Im not a weapon expert but i heard about a bomb that destroys only organic life and leaves other material harmless ( neutron bomb? - im not sure )
What if there was a weapon that destroyed only their metals and electronic (?) equipment. Like the nanobugs in the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by belsoember

Im not a weapon expert but i heard about a bomb that destroys only organic life and leaves other material harmless ( neutron bomb? - im not sure )
What if there was a weapon that destroyed only their metals and electronic (?) equipment. Like the nanobugs in the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

not trying to point out the obvious, but the nanobugs in TDTESS ate everything in site, including people. Look up the gray goo AI theory.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

look at abandoned cars from the the fifties and sixties etc...left exposed to the weather, they are already almost gone...rusted...and that is only 40 or 50 years...give it 5000 years and there won't even be a rust stain.

The only structures left from ancient times are made of huge blocks of stone. Our buildings now are made from concrete filled with metal....concrete weathers away quickly, and once that metal insiide is exposed...poof gone

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Exactly...I was going to link some of those vids in my op, but it was late and i needed to retire.

Great show "life after people"

thanks for embedding them!!
edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join