It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
While this topic is not new, this article does a good job summing up some interesting points. I know this has been discussed here before as well, but for those who don't know or have not seen, here you go.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b999bbea8d65.jpg[/atsimg]

"Is man on the threshold of a new world or merely stuck on a circular treadmill repeating the doomed lessons from history which he never seems to learn? A growing number of scholars believe the world’s macabre fascination with nuclear war is just the latest repeat in a series of blunders human technology seems obsessed with repeating."

Ancient tales speak of flying machines and great wars fought in the sky. They speak of great weapons and explosions

"a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendor… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds…"

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected…"

The article mentions ancient corpses found in India with extremely high radiation levels.

It also mentions how in ancient India there were words describing length...from a light year to the width of an atom...

" The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years"

Many people say that these anomalies are proof of ancient aliens. That debate is still ongoing.

It is very possible that mankind has, in the distant past, possessed similar levels of technology that we possess today.

If nuclear war decimated the earth today, and civilization was brought to it's knees technologically, within a relatively short time frame there would be little left to prove what we once were. Within a few thousand years, there would be no metal structures or vehicles, no wooden structures...no roads or cities. ( We have no idea how long plastic takes to return to the earth). If in 5000 years man again became advanced, they would nary believe the tales of our achievements

Any survivors would move far away from cities due to disease etc, and as they pass the generations, stories would be told of flying machines and great weapons...as we see evidence of in the Mahabharata.

i also think about the stories of Atlantis....not how they were destroyed, but the idea that they existed at all.

Ancient Alien theorists assert that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was the work of nuclear bombs as well

The proof is out there...and this article is an interesting read

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Thoughts?....might we learn this lesson again not through war, but through meltdowns ?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oppenheimer quoting the Bhagavad Gita: "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wonderful thread sir. Very well done and explained. In my opinion we are not the first civilization to reach technological prowess. I thoroughly believe that every several thousand years we reach a pinnacle in technology then our avarice destroys us all.

Call me silly if you may but there are times I truly wonder whether or not we are just making the exact same mistakes as human beings in our choices and our apparent inability to leave radioactive material alone.

S and F to you sir.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

thanks. It could be like reincarnation. (supposedly) a soul must go through many lifetimes, learning lessons to finally achieve bliss or heaven or whatever.

What if mankind as a whole is going through the same process but on a macro level

hmmm...now that's interesting

edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
here is a good read that would offer scientific proof of prehistoric uranium mining -- philosophicalanthropology.blogspot.com... --- prehistoric nucleur use is just one of those things you just have to ignore in order to accept mainstream history

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 11165

an interesting read...deserves a thread of it's own !!

we should do the same with our reactors...no thermal impact beyond 40 meters and no waste leaking out ever!!

2 billion years ago...that's one to wrap the brain around eh?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think we are all destined
to become fodder for Morlocks

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hmmmm.

What was our atmosphere like 2 billion years ago?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

We werent created, as far as I can understand, to become great technological beings. We are spiritual beings, capable of emotion and love, also anger and hate. A good quote 'We are not Human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a Human experience'

There are far more beings in this universe who are technologically and scientifically superior to us, SO MUCH SO, and our purpose is to show these beings how to love the creation in a physical sense, in dense format, in our reality. There are some beings, I have read, THAT DESPERATELY NEED THIS EXAMPLE.

What an example we've turned out to be.

Oh, and who says 'Humans' were using Nuclear Technology....Maybe Humans were seeded here after the cleansing of a previous species?

edit on 21-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was and still wonder how is that they can dig up dinosaur bones form millions of years ago but still can not (will not) clear up the resent history of mankind)?

Good thread btw, thanks for posting it.

edit on 21-7-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

nice post

i like the line about a spiritual being having a human existence

to answer your question...they claimed to have found human remains from such an explosion.

I do think ancient alien theory makes a lot of sense though, or maybe i just like giorgio tsoulakous' s (sp?) hair!!
edit on 21-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

maybe the people using this tech were anaerobic ..... or maybe history as we know it is wrong....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

i agree whole heartedly that life on our planet has gone through a cycle of technological advancement followed by its self destruction many times in the past .

maybe we are comming up to the end of one of those cycles now.
i am sure that there are many archaeological discoveries that would prove this 100% but has been hidden from us .

if there was nuclear power in those days , where are the nuclear waste dumps ? maybe they are under the ocean or maybe deep under ground beneath the pyramids.

i think a subject such as this will never be solved until the archaeologists look at some of the discoveries with unbiased eyes .

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

yeah..definitely "will not"

The fiction they teach in school suits their needs...not ours....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

some of our pre history (like pyramid harmonics and crystal data storage) seems to be from other species to me just because the nature of the technology isnt really up our alley even today --- where as ancient nucleur sites, batteries, and tools seem to me to be the work of advanced humans --- whatever the case it would seem that our planet has been through A LOT --- i heard a interesting theory that maybe us in the future through time travel and the motive of screwing our current own existence up relocated a population of us into prehistoric times but i hate time travel theories too much paradox --- thus i digress lol

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

they found atleast one site in africa with half or totally depleted uranium and way more well contained than your run of the mill fukushima --- does that make those of pre-history really smart or us really stupid lol

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 11165

fox is comeing out with that same show this fall it looks pretty good U never know!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

oh wow that should be interesting --- or a horrible let down like a couple other fox presentations either way i hope to catch it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
The article mentions ancient corpses found in India with extremely high radiation levels....

" The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators’ gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years"

Many people say that these anomalies are proof of ancient aliens. That debate is still ongoing.

When I first heard about this tale and then later read about this I was very excited but I looked all over to find independent verifiable proof. There is none to be found. If someone could find and post any links available to a verifiable source for those claims, I'd love to read it. As of yet I've found nothing by any independent source.

AND for the record I do believe in a possible lost history of mankind. I don't think they ever reached our level or type of technology. [Explosive-internal combustion etc]

Maybe something along the lines of what Tesla was working on though.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
To me, the highest probability seems to be that this ancient depleted uranium was expelled/excreted from the Earth's core during an ancient planetary upheaval. Earth's internal heat cannot possibly be generated only by tidal forces, this has been mathematically proven. Fission is likely occurring within the core, generating most geothermal heat, which is obviously a stable reaction. We don't have a good understanding of it since we've never seen a fission reactor with pressures capable of crushing coal into diamond. Unless someone wants to totally debunk internal Earth fission...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join