It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irony on ATS and it's Advertising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi All,

I sometimes hop on to ATS without logging in and as such am bombarded with advertising through the threads. I wanted to share this screenshot becuase of the thread it was in the reply comments that appeared just above the ad.

The ad was for the Australian Government Defence and Intelligence....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01f0697be56e.jpg[/atsimg]

Talk about timing..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Join now kids! You get access to loads of above top secret info!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Um……. Just to let you know…… The ads are controlled by google. So google will show you ads that match the same general theme of what people have been searching for on your computer.

Like the banner on the top of my page was binoculars……. And…..yesterday i was searching for information on bushnell binoculars…… You see the connection?

So, them showing you that, gives me an indication that you have been searching government or intelligence related topics.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

oh yeah i know there are ad servs and agencies that control the ads on websites, it's not just Google.

It was more about the ad timing in regard to the reply posted just above it... nothing serious just abit of funny timing which is why i posted it in this particular part of ATS.

Hmm i dont know about searching intelligence topics etc, i have in the past but not on a regular basis. Also if you look at the ad on the top right side, it's about famine etc and i dont remember ever googling famine....

You should try it, log out and view some threads, see which ads pop up... it's all pretty random i think, the only way it relates to a pparticular person is by IP region. Which is why that ad is relative to Australia.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Tranny

It is a.. curious topic for analysis.

new topics

top topics

join