It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Is Not Just A Man's World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have recently found myself a bit more comfortable about being in conspiracy, as I am sure that many of us, dont exactly speak our minds about particular subjects, but I find that I am a bit ignored, as my opinion is seen as to emotional, or erratic, due to me being a female.

Not only do I find this disgusting, but pathetic, and upsetting.

An example of what happened a few days ago. I was with a few friends (4 male, 2 female) and someone starting talking about "loonies" that talk about Aliens, and 9-11, and think that FEMA Camps are real. I stayed quiet, for a while to see where this was going, as we were having a few drinks.

Now, I cant lie, no one there knew about my feelings towards any of those things before, and they dont know that I love ATS, but I figured I cannot stay quite, as this is a passion for me, and I felt quite hypocritical for someone to be outright rude, about something they knew nothing about.

I was not rude, but pointed out that there are lots of different thoughts about those things, and conspiracy has become main stream, and people are waking up, and that I was proud to be one of those that choose to research. Everyone's mouth was wide open, then quite, then someone said. Umm, of course "you" think that there is a conspiracy, most women want to try to explain everything, instead of excepting that these things are not true.

I wasn't surprised, but upset, that everyone seemed to agree, that women are the ones that keep these things alive because "women" need something to talk about. I then stated that both men and women share, and yes disagree on places like ATS, but discussions are had, and knowledge is shared, by everyone.

When I got home, I really wondered how many women, actually shared here, and if there were some of us that kept our gender quite due to the same thing. I am proud to be a women, I am proud to be a member, I am proud to be able to have discussions with people of all genders, races, and locations.

We spoke since then, and they apologized for being rude, but confirmed that they stand by what they said. And I reassured them that if they plan on saying this in my company again, to log into ATS, and brush up on their skills, because if they cant back up what they say, well then they shouldn't say anything at all.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Brilliant post, I've had the same feeling myself, although I do find men a little more open minded in the subject of conspircy, probley because they've got more time on their hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't keep quiet about my gender. I'm not afraid to say what I think or feel in here.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i know its hard .. its a man ruled run world Women mostly have to just obid by the law that the boys make...

sure does suck to try and get your voice under all these cocky men who think there so much smarter then you ...

i feel your pain . When a women talks amongest a group of males .. even if they won't admit they have that "pfft what does she know" to some degree lol .. its just the testostormed overriding reason and logic ..

when a female is present in a room vs all men present in a room the cocktail of chemicals running through his body are vastly differnt and thus changing the outcome of what he might of said ...

sucks yup but alot of women think men should be in charge... could you imagine a world ran by the ladies ?

might be better .... less wars and violence im sure but who knows

as how to deal with situations like that ? just discuss back with reason and logic till you pound them ouf of excuses .. sure its the hard way but your educating people ... secondly teaching him a valuable lesson not to talk if he only knows part of the picture from ignorance .. and thirdly getting others to be like wow this girl knows her stuff surly i have to top her and reserach more ? its a win win if you ask me

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Awesome!! You ladies take over the world, and us guys got more time to play video games!!! I'm in! It's a win-win situation if I have ever heard one!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
just thought i should add my previous experience while working online for a company, over a 4 year span and working online i had no idea that my back up person for online work was a female, somehow i assumed it was a male..sure and i know it was a mistake to think as such, but hey, i am only human and male...
, nevertheless, you can imagine my jaw dropping moment when we finally video conferenced and to make things really bad, well she was hot...!

top topics

join