It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzite Arizona Updates and background (town where "Martial Law" was declared....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Xcathdra

Isn't Arizona a hotbed of UFO activity because of the large amount of quartz under the ground there? I thought the whole state hums like a tuning fork. I think we have our answer folks. This is how it starts. Aliens are coming up from underground and trying to take over American towns one at a time. Glad they are meeting with some resistance. This is how those sci-fi films begin.

You're joking right? aliens coming from underground and taking over..........forget to take your meds today?

Awww....Ritalin make you lose your sense of humor?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So appauling to watch that woman get arrested for speaking her mind. Boy corruption runs deep in that town. If that was me speaking, and the cop was trying to arrest me? I would have at least made it worth it for them, un lawfully putting thier grubby little swine hoofs on me, someone wouldve been scraping whats left of thier face off the floor. Enough of this peaceful protest, kill'em with kindness BS, we really need to grow a pair as a whole, and go fight fire with fire in my opinion. Just a combat veterans two cents.
I really neeed to start my own rant thread, but it probably would get pulled in a heart beat/.

makes me wonder how many of those jerks in charge, and cops as well have seen First Blood. Cause eventually something like that is going to happen to this little town.
edit on 21/7/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Lol... Corruption definitely seems to run deep in that town. Apparently one of the past mayors tried to kill his oppnent. He got caught, did time in jail, was released and then ran for his position again.

Based on that fact alone the residents should have just rolled up the welcome mats and dissovled the town until they could sort things out.

I am curious as to the outcome of this mess... It certainly seems to have opened some peoples eyes though around the globe.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A few more updates -
Source
Initial Source
Quartzsite, Ariz., Where the Fox Guards the Chickens

About 5 pm PST, The Desert Freedom Press learned that under the current "emergency", Police Chief Jeff Gilbert has suspended ALL officers who filed criminal and ethical complaints against him. This leaves only the four officers who chose to stand with the Chief, despite the controversy and ongoing investigation by DPS. La Paz County Sheriff Don Lowery told the Parker Pioneer Newspaper last week, that he had provided back up units to patrol the perimeter of Town Hall during the June 12th council meeting. Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert and Sheriff Lowery served together as officers on the Colorado Indian Tribes Reservation.

Apparently the State of Arizona has finally gotten around to opening an investigation into whats going on in Quartzsite, AZ
'Nazi'-cop town 'firing' officers, stops paying mayorUpdate - July 20th

The state of Arizona is now investigating allegations of massive corruption among government officials in Quartzsite, Ariz., the town that's the focus of worldwide attention after police forcibly removed a woman from speaking at a town-hall meeting, and where the mayor today says he's not being paid and most local police officers are wrongly being fired and have been ordered not to leave their homes.

"I'm no longer getting paid as mayor," said Ed Foster, the elected head of Quartzsite. "That's not a big deal, but it's in the town code that I get a stipend of $400. If they made a decision to withdraw my stipend, they have to do it in public, so just the decision to do it in private is another violation of the open-meeting law. It's just idiocy."

Quartzsite has become infamous since WND first publicized the ouster of Jennifer Jones, publisher of the Desert Freedom Press, over the vocal objections of Mayor Foster who pleaded with his own police not to remove her.

A video of the June 28 town-hall fiasco posted on YouTube has been viewed more than 100,000 times.

Read more: 'Nazi'-cop town 'firing' officers, stops paying mayor www.wnd.com...

Apparently the officers who filed complaints have been suspended by the Police Chief. In addition the Chief has apparently placed them under what is essentially house arrest, saying they cant talk with anyone (their families can though) and that they are not allowed to leave their residence without the Chiefs permission.
Infighting escalates at Quartzsite Police Department

QUARTZSITE, AZ (KPHO) -
Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert on Thursday announced he has placed "select police officers" on paid administrative leave while the department conducts an internal investigation.

Assistant Town Manager Al Johnson, in a written notice to the officers, said nine of the 14 officers in the department will be placed on leave while he conducts the investigation into potential policy and rules violations. A 10th officer, Linda Conley, was placed on leave a day earlier.

The officers signed a letter of "no-confidence" in the police chief and submitted the letter to town and state officials, alleging criminal conduct by the chief and that he had violated department policy.

Johnson's notice to the officers states, among other criteria, that those on paid administrative leave are required to "remain at your place of residence between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and Noon and between the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday."

Johnson said if they are not at their residences without his approval during those specified times, they could face additional disciplinary action.

Johnson said the investigation is to determine whether the nine officers violated department policy because of the letter's contents.

The Department of Public Safety acknowledged to CBS 5 News last week that it is conducting a criminal investigation of Gilbert. He remains in his post.

Gilbert assured residents that he still has enough officers to "to provide the services necessary for public safety, and response to calls for service."

Copyright 2011 KPHO. All rights reserved.

Arizona DPS has been asked by La Paz County to assist in taking calls for service in Quartzsite. DPS also confirmed they are involved in criminal investigations now into the Chief of Police.
DPS asked to assist in Quartzsite if needed

PHOENIX (AP) — The Arizona Department of Public Safety has been asked by the La Paz County sheriff to assist if needed in responding to calls for law enforcement service in the western Arizona town of Quartzsite, 129 miles from Phoenix.

DPS Director Robert Halliday said in a statement Thursday he assured the sheriff the state police are ready to assist if the situation warrants.

The DPS Criminal Investigations Division is involved in an on-going investigation made against law enforcement in Quartzsite.

Last week, the Quartzsite town council ousted the mayor from power and declared a state of emergency.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Not all the cops are bad in this.
some are giving evidence aganst them.
(some one said bad pigs)

this is a smaller play of what we all hope
happens with Obama and the top people in goverment.
do any of the people in this have a Blog?
edit on 21-7-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by Xcathdra

Chief just keeps digging his hole.

My dad told me something once:

When you are down in a hole, put down the shovel.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I think they are intent on reaching China.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The only one with the blog if i remeber right is the female who was arrested. The mayor also has setup a facebook page.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

That was me and it was a tongue in cheek comment of unadulterated sarcasm since numerous officers put in letters of no confidence and ai was referring to those who ejected the woman from the meeting.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
In America? The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave?

This beggars belief, what happened to Law Enforcement? Surely the FBI and Federal Authorities would step in? What does the President say about this matter? What about Congress(wo)men and Senators? What is the MSM view on this matter? Where are the reporters with bright lights and microphones asking why Soviet style rule is applicable in this place?

I would have half expected those removed and local civilians to have formed a militia to take back control from the corrupt Chief of Police and his cronies.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some more info from this source -

ABC15 News Arizona

A simple reminder - If people choose to write / call / email any of the people on the list, keep it civil - IE please do not make any threats, no matter how trivial you may think it is. With multiple investigations going on I can see the Police Chief / City Council lashing out at whatever entity they can to shift the blame and focus of whats going on.

They have already made one statement for the "martial Law" deal by reffering to threats they received from people writing in. Making any threatening comments runs the gambit of it being investigated by AZ authorities (who are now assinging their major crimes squad). Imagine the field day the city would have to be able to say they not only received more threats, but they are coming from a conspiracy theory website.

User common sense...

www.ci.quartzsite.az.us...

Mayor Ed Foster [email protected]

Vice Mayor Barbara Cowell [email protected]

Council Member Bob Kelley [email protected]

Council Member Joe Winslow [email protected]

Council Member Jerry Lukkasson [email protected]

Council Member Patricia Anderson [email protected]

Town Manager

Alex Taft

PO Box 2812 Quartzsite, AZ 85346

928-927-4333

edit on 28-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join