It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man dies from flesh-eating bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
August 15, 2004

A MAN in Texas has died from flesh-eating bacteria that entered his body through a minor cut on his leg.

Kenneth Dean Creamer, 52, died late on Thursday in a Victoria hospital where he had been treated since July 17, two days after he was exposed to the saltwater bacteria vibrio vulnificus.

Creamer, a Houston dentist, apparently hurt himself on July 15 when he slipped on a dock during a fishing trip. Within days, both Creamer's legs had to be amputated and he went into a coma, a hospital spokeswoman told the Houston Chronicle.

news.com.au...

Vibrio vulnificus,
www.cdc.gov...

Untouchable by 'current' antibiotics.
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i think this is awful. a bug that kills people so soon and there has been no public warning of it before - surley someone knew what it was

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss_Blonde
i think this is awful. a bug that kills people so soon and there has been no public warning of it before - surley someone knew what it was

Something else that is awful is the pink font you chose to use.
I knew someone who battled a bacteria similar to this and they lived but only after a couple of months in the hospital and the doctors whittling his musle tissue to the bone.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
thanks for sharing this paranoia-inducing article!

- a swimmer in the Gulf!!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
this happened not too far away from my city. they found out that the guys who were infected had drank some beers that day and had some open cuts.
the fishing business is taking a turn for the worst in port o conner. i dont fish saltwater anymore. im too paranoid

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh great.. as if i wasn't paranoid enough about ticks.. now I have a whole new foe to contend with!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
sounds a bit like Necrotising Faceitis

Unfortunatly a lot of flesh eating virus' do come from either bacteria or possibly animal, mammal or insect bites....the Brown Recluse spider is famous for that.

We had a guy in our primary school *the janitor* who got a splinter one day and was in serious condition in the ICU 2 days later with Nec.F.

Only way to treat it is amputate 2-3 inches about the infected zone and debride that area and very powerful painkillers and lots of fluids and antibiotics.

So much is still unknown about Nec.F that although cases are rare...they do happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
it is caused by bacteria not a bug

Unfortunatly a lot of flesh eating virus' do come from either bacteria or possibly animal, mammal or insect bites....the Brown Recluse spider is famous for that.

viruses do not come from bacteria.viruses are smaller and do not eat

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
sorry me bad...i honestly meant to say bacteria...doing a lab report too while writing that!

hmmm....think i have a pic of Nec.F under a microscope somewhere?

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How does E. coli or other fecal coliforms get in the water?

E. coli comes from human and animal wastes.� During rainfalls, snow melts, or other types of precipitation, E. coli may be washed into creeks, rivers, streams, lakes, or groundwater.

www.epa.gov...

Cloliforms,
www.cnawater.com...
Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow I lived in Florida and never knew that. I guess i gotta watch really good for open cuts before going in the ocean. Interesting info on the bacteria. Ya learn something new everyday!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's called necrotizing fasciitis. My friend and co-worker nearly died from it just this year. Check it out at www.nnff.org.... It's scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OH GOD HELP ME!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT PINK FONT HURTS MY EYES AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! jesus christ that thing is bright on this laptop. go get a different font er sumn. geez.

new topics

top topics

join