It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Ghaddafi done wrong?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by nearlyfabled

Agent_USA and friends will tell you he did nothing, where as the bulk of the normal, intelligent world will advise you he was an arse.

Just look at the punishments on the book for merely starting a political party, let alone opposing Gaddafi..

But as to your question, his goons opened fire on crowds across Libya, even using gunships and tanks to try to quell the trouble. This is out there for you to find for yourself and has been covered to death..

The fact you started out with "Gaddafi was clearly a good guy" and ended the paragraph with "what has he done?" leads me to believe that you are another Gaddafi fan/West hater type, so this will probably be my one and only post in reply, unless of course you are an intelligent chap.

The reason I don't reply to Agent and Chums is I really have better things to do than try to convince people that their Idol is really total cnut.

Once again nice try with the insults.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

found this en.wikipedia.org...
and it seems the guy was lucky

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reposttteeee
edit on 10-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I dont know what he has down himself.. but he has turned a blind eye to human right violations caused by his close family that he allows to live like royalty.

Honestly though.. I don't think his regime was much different than the us with out renditions and enhanced interrogations.. add civilian casualties in there we do in fact have our own war criminals here.
edit on 10-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Orchestrating and covering up the Lockerbie bombing

Orchestrating and covering up the murder of PC Fletcher

Selling huge amounts of arms and explosives to terrorists to use to kill hundreds of innocent women and children in Britain and Ireland.

Yeah, he's done a lot of good

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Has be been for sure tied to lockerbie? and what country doesn't sell weapons to shady people? we sold to the taliban via pakistan. We sold to al qeada in afghanistan and libya.

He did makesure every Libyan as sheltered and gave the oil money to the people.

Not saying i think the guy is cool or anything. Just pretty good for african leader.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Selling huge amounts of arms and explosives to terrorists to use to kill hundreds of innocent women and children in Britain and Ireland.

Like we don't sell arms? Oh wait - we may have even sold some to Gadaffi!
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Fact is we cosy up to people like Gadaffi when it suits but when we sense the wind going the other way or when there is some strategic advantage, we come over all holier than though. Some call it being two faced, others call it pragmatism

We are friends with Saudi Arabia right now just because it suits (for the moment).
Don't expect morals to come into it.
edit on 10-9-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by 412304

Yeah, he's done a lot of good

Proof please? dont bother with your mainstream news articles, the only ones who have been Orchestrating and covering up the Lockerbie bombing have been america and Israel, the Lockerbie trail was filed with mossad agents and even a Israel Judge look it up if you dont believe.

Were you there? if not then dont start making such cliams heres something for you
source

The mother of the murdered police officer Yvonne Fletcher today said she believed her daughter's killer would be apprehended after it was revealed Libyan authorities were cooperating with British detectives investigating her shooting. "They have been out several times and we are just crossing our fingers. We are hopeful that someone will be brought to justice," Queenie Fletcher told Guardian Unlimited.

The shooting happened shortly after 10am in St James's Square, London, dappled in warm spring sunshine and coloured with daffodils. The anti-Gadafy demonstration, to mark a "martyrs day" in the Libyan calendar, had been given police permission. That was why WPC Fletcher and other police officers were calmly shepherding a group of some 70 anti-Gadafy demonstrators, all of them masked to avoid recognition, behind barriers on the pavement opposite the bureau, the Libyan embassy.

a martyrs day eh? that reminds of something.

The anti-Gadafy group began shouting "Gadafy, murderer," "Gadafy, child killer," and "Down with Gadafy."

history never changes now does it?

Did you know that it was america that created the taliban? and armed them with arms? and the UN supported the Mujaheddin in Bosnia by giveing them there own UN APC Military Units as in the means of transportation of course your little CNN never bothered to report on it but there are Videos of the UN and america helping the Mujaheddin.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Like we don't sell arms? Oh wait - we may have even sold some to Gadaffi!
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Fact is we cosy up to people like Gadaffi when it suits but when we sense the wind going the other way or when there is some strategic advantage, we come over all holier than though. Some call it being two faced, others call it pragmatism
We are friends with Saudi Arabia right now just because it suits (for the moment).
Don't expect morals to come into it.

'The Great American We' is like a virus on this board. Did you or your family sell arms to someone? Are you friends with Saudi Arabia right now are you? Say hello to them for me.

Tell me, what is wrong with saying:

Like The Government of the United States doesn't sell arms? Oh wait - they may have even sold some to Gadaffi!
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Fact is the United States Government cosies up to people like Gadaffi when it suits but when they sense the wind going the other way or when there is some strategic advantage, they come over all holier than though. Some call it being two faced, others call it pragmatism
They are friends with Saudi Arabia right now just because it suits (for the moment).
Don't expect morals to come into it

If you loyal Americanos want to break free of the slavery that is being levied against you increasingly day by day, then take the first step towards liberation - stop saying "we do this and that" when you have no say in what your corrupt government does. If you were abducted or your car was hijacked by an armed perpetrator, would you later give statements to the T.V. station, that "we drove west down Washington Boulevard, and then someone was crossing the street and we hit them and kept on driving..." ???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well then if he's being chased because he allegedly did the disco bombing and lockerbie, I ask myself why Clinton, Bush and Co. aren't being chased.

At least he did more good to his people than all US Presidents combined!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He's directly complicit in the cowardly murder of hundreds of my compatriots. No sympathy from me.

Mind, so are a lot of Americans. Maybe they'd better watch out, they might be next?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Sponsoring terrorism, namely the IRA, Lockerbie and the Berlin Disco bomb. A prison massacre where over 1000 political prisoners were executed for having the temerity to complain about the crap conditions there. Many dissaperences of opposition, massacres of protesters and brutal supression of individual rights and freedoms we take for granted.

That is no reason to oust him from his country. America use to sponser the IRA, Lockerbie bombing was a farce, the man arrested never commited the crime, why do you think he was released....
Killing your own prisoners is not a crime. Its not nice and I dont like it. How many prisoners does America kill a year.

We have just gone into his country and killed bombed thousands of people that makes us no better than him. It is us that has broken international law again....

You want to know what he did wrong and why they wanted rid of him. He had no central bank. Have a look at all the countries that where listed as the axis of evil by bush and have a look at the countries that dont have a central bank. They are the same.

Within a week of the rebels kicking off they had their own central bank set up for them. Says enough does it not..
edit on 10-9-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 412304

he is a bad man because he will not obey the western powers .
he is a bad man because he wants the countrys oil revenue to benefit his country and people
he is a bad man because he wants to unite the arab nations

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

'The Great American We' is like a virus on this board. Did you or your family sell arms to someone? Are you friends with Saudi Arabia right now are you? Say hello to them for me.

'We' in my case means UK.
I'm a Brit. Dohhhh....
edit on 10-9-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

reply to post by 412304

Selling huge amounts of arms and explosives to terrorists

So that what would put him in the same bracket as UK and USA then ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am finding it very strange that no hard evidence is brought against Gaddafi,
coupled this with the fact that the rebels are mix of terrorists, and the leader was held by USA as a terrorist,
yet these are the people us the UK are backing, also from the videos posted it seems there are westerners (agents) helping on the ground.
Something aint right here, and to not see it is ignorant.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Haha check it out you got a misdirected taste of America hatred.
I mean.. I'll be the first to admit our government has gone crazy, but I think most Americans are aware. Yet WE can't say WE without getting an instant psychoanalysis and labeled egocentric asses.

For a long time people would gripe because I'd refer to us as Americans and they'd say "I'm an American too, you guys are so Pompous" Id say where are you from, then when they said Brazil or wherever. I'd have to tell them well your Brazilian (you likely don't say your a South American as I don't say I'm a North American when asked where I'm from), my country is called the United States of America, but you can call me statesman if you like.

I know that's a boring anecdote, but this was seriously a popular argument for a few years and it was damn annoying. It was like South Americans and Mexicans found out they could start an argument with this and did it all the time.. never Canadians, but hey probably just don't want to be called Americans.
edit on 12-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join