It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Ghaddafi done wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ive been doing some research on Ghaddafi and found alot of really good things he has done for Libya and also Africa while he has been in power.

For example. Trying to unite the African people to the United States of Africa.
Trying to intruduce the Gold Dinar which would eventually turn Africa from a 3rd world country into something more prosperous.
Creating the great man made river to make Libya a source of agricultural abundance, capable of producing adequate food and water to supply its own needs and to share with neighboring countries.
Dividing the profits of all natural resources amongst the Libyans.
Making all education for men and woman free.
Free Medical for all libyans including the rebels and if the medical procedure cannot be done in Libya the government pays for the people to go overseas and have the procedure done.
And the list goes on...

However... I have a hard time finding the bad things that hes done. When i say "hard time finding the bad things" i mean speciffically, with sources and dates etc... I never hear the end of how hes a bad man and he murders people but when i ask who did he murder or what exactly did he do people just say "I dont know hes just a crazy dictator who murders people for fun" or other things along those lines.

So I am reaching out to the experts on ATS to shine some light on this whole Ghaddafi issue. I want all the bad things you know hes done with sources if you can. and please... CNN and Fox etc are not sources....

Regards

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like the guy. I think people just misunderstand him. Look how happy he is sometimes, you can't hate someone like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Well, he did throw papers at the UN

edit on 20-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

I posted this exact same question on, "Operation Libyan Freedom" (facebook page) My confusion came from someone who claims to be FROM Libya though.

As I understood it - The mainstream media will of course always bend truth for profits and ratings. They will play pro-military action all the way. "Gaddafi is a dictator and must be taken down!"

The non-MSM says the same things you did. All the lovely things and the "truth" about how good he is.

The guy I spoke to last night says, "The million man rally was fake. There weren't even close to a million people there. Those who did go were forced to go. The healthcare system is free but it's awful. The water from the irrigation is horrible. Gaddafi murders countless numbers of our people while NATO has only killed a hundred and that was mostly by accident."
(If that is true, NATO sucks...)

So yeah, I'm on the same page as you. I want to know the truth about this guy! S&F!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Not to mention free housing, land, non interest loans, Free Medical, Women's equality in education and employment, and again the list goes on.

Why doesn't the US like him? Because his people actually benefit from what he does and the US is on a mission to take away everything from US citizens that Ghaddafi is doing for his own people. Makes the US look bad. Can't have someone proving the US wrong when they say their system is the only one that works.

Seems like Ghaddafi is about the people and what he can do for Libya along with the African Nation while Obama is about the money and what he can do for the Govt. and the elite.

But let's continue:

* For each family member the state pays a $ 1,000 yearly subsidy.
* Unemployed are paid 730 $ monthly.
* The salary of a hospital nurse is $ 1,000.
* For every newborn $ 7,000 is paid .
* Newly weds are donated $ 64,000 to buy an apartment.
* To open a private business one gets a one-time financial aid of 20 000 $.
* Large taxes and duties are prohibited.
* Education and medicine are free.
* Education and Internships abroad are at government expense.
* There are chain stores for large families with symbolic prices for basic foodstuffs.
* A number of pharmacies have free dispensing.
* Counterfeiting medication is considered a major crime.
* No rental payments.
* No payment for electricity for the population.
* Loans for buying a car and an apartment are given at no interest.
* Real estate services are prohibited.
* If an individual decides to buy a car up to 50% of the price is paid by the state, to militia guards it donates 65% of the price.
* Gasoline is cheaper than water. A liter of gasoline costs $ 0.14. (2) The profits from oil sale were spent on the population welfare and rising life standards.
* Gaddafi has amassed more than 143 tons of gold. He planned to introduced the dollar-free zone use a gold dinar instead of currency in settlements with other countries. US wants the gold for itself.
* In Libya, much money is spent on irrigation by the country's groundwater, the amount of which is about 100 annual runoffs of the Nile. By its scale, this water project has earned itself the name of “the Eighth Wonder of the World."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 20-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Then you simply have not bothered to look, if you seriously don't believe the wrongs this guy has done.

Sponsoring terrorism, namely the IRA, Lockerbie and the Berlin Disco bomb. A prison massacre where over 1000 political prisoners were executed for having the temerity to complain about the crap conditions there. Many dissaperences of opposition, massacres of protesters and brutal supression of individual rights and freedoms we take for granted.

I;m not going to furnish links, such things are readily found for those who actually bother to look and the many Libya threads on ATS itself are repleat with such sources.

Do the leg work.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I can see that as a reason for why he has military action against him. But to say he is any worse than any other official is playing favorites.

Unless of course you ignore people that sponsor drone attacks that kill with collateral damage.... In which case, yeah, whacky ghadaffi is the bad guy....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Ok... first up, the investigation into Lockerbie was a complete farce. watch this clip and you will see why www.youtube.com... .

As for the others. seeing as you wont give any specifics or links im off to find them myself!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Also what about Whistle Blowers in the US like Bradley Manning? hes a political prisoner. All he did was "complain" about the crap the US does with its military. There could be hundreds like him gone missing in the US.

"brutal supression of individual rights and freedoms we take for granted." Your kidding right? so... What share of the profits from the resources that are dug out of America or England given to you? None? well there is one thing that Libyans have over you. They have the RIGHT to the profits from resources dug out of there homeland.
And by the looks of the way he runs the country with the Jamahiriya system, te Libyan people have more say in what goes on in there country then any American/Australian/Englishmen.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

I'll throw you a bone..

Abu Salim Prison...

Also, while the Lockerbie thing might have some question marks, the IRA and Berlin disco are pretty much cast iron cases.

As for me not getting money from resources in the UK, well I got a very good education, as do my kids, for free. I also get free healthcare of a much better standard than in Libya and I get cash benefits from the Government which far exceed any cash given to Libyans by theirs.. Not really sure you thought that one through...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
simply put he dresses too well. all the other world leaders were tired of looking like squares next to the arab bono that is ghaddafi.
or it could be because he wasn't part of the NWO and wanted to sell oil in gold not dollars.

but i think its his fashion sense that got him.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

I don't know any more than anyone else, in fact I probably know less about this than most, but I would not be surprised if this is all because Libya doen't have a central bank. Same as Iran, IIRC.

At the very least that should make you go, HMMMM???

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ill throw you a bigger bone:

CIA prison in Somalia

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ill throw you a bigger bone:

CIA prison in Somalia

Yeah, but no one wants to look at that cause it's the 'Good Guys' doing it in the name of 'Freedom'

Almost threw up in my mouth a little when I typed that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Think it through? Whats there to think through? ofcourse UK has better medical/education/benifits! Libya is a 3rd world country. But can you not see that at least they are trying? Hell they could be alot worse and let banks steal money from there citizens, now that would be terrible wouldnt it... Imagine a country who would let that happen to its people... oh wait...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ah right, so because the CIA operates a small dogy prison were a handful of guys get waterboarded so they tell the CIA where their bosses plan to massacre civilians, that is comparable to Gaddafi slaughtering over 1,000 opponents in cold blood?

Righto..But then, knowing your thought process and the garbage you spout on this board, logical thinking isn't your strong point, is it?

reply to post by 412304

Yep, because my country is better due to my leaders not hoarding billions of the nations wealth to themselves. Come back to me when David Cameron is revealed to be hiding $40 billion in swiss bank accounts, then you can say that Ghaddafi is a good guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well other than public executions, attacking Egypt for talking peace with Israel, attacking Chad multiple times in hopes of taking over to attack and take Nigerias oil region, terrorism, sending troops to fight in lots of African wars to protect people like Idi Amin and other dictators, supported rebels in countries that conducted genocide and mass murder, assasinations, and supporting such groups as the PLO, the IRA, Red Army faction, Black September, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, he really seems like a nice guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I think he missed an opportunity to show off a cheerful side right there, couldn't he have made an airplane out of his paper and let it go gliding across the room?

Of course, that could be misinterpreted as threatening to fly planes into stuff.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What did he do wrong? It is simple, he dared to consider a Libyan Oil Bourse and begin trading in other currencies than the dollar. The international banking cartel cannot/ will not allow it. When word leaked that Saddam was planning it, WHAM 9/11 happened and we went into Iraq without a shred of evidence that it had anything to do with 9/11. Iran has already announce their Bourse, so you can expect to see rather immediate action in Iran.

Simple fact is this, we USED to have a gold standard, but the introduction of a fiat currency (Dollar) that is universally used to trade oil has resulted in us having an oil standard that is artificially supporting the dollar. Once the major oil producing countries of the world begin trading oil in other currencies, the bankers are going to lose their asses. The derivatives market will literally unravel within a few weeks. And the US will be reduced to holding worthless currency, for real!

As long as the banker's wield enough power to compel the politicans to use the military to power to prevent this, we will see endles military "operations" to remove "dictators and tyrants." Personally, I think we're focused on the removing the WRONG dictators and tyrants who reside in our own halls of government.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Well other than public executions, attacking Egypt for talking peace with Israel, attacking Chad multiple times in hopes of taking over to attack and take Nigerias oil region, terrorism, sending troops to fight in lots of African wars to protect people like Idi Amin and other dictators, supported rebels in countries that conducted genocide and mass murder, assasinations, and supporting such groups as the PLO, the IRA, Red Army faction, Black September, the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, he really seems like a nice guy.

Let's weigh this out and balance the scales. Some of the World's worst War Criminals are good upstanding US citizens. But that's acceptable because they're American.

You can't paint one side without the other. The question is why aren't people calling for these heads? Actually, many are but can't get to them because of supporters that protect them in the name of freedom.

Note: ALL of these Mass Murderers are walking around FREELY today. Obama isn't on the list yet because he is still in office and therefore, still committing murder in the NEW name of 'Humanitarian Aid'.

And the top 10 winners are!

1. Robert McNamara. Former US Secretary of Defense, helped kill approximately 2-3 million, mostly poor Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians. Not to mention a sizeable portion of the 58,000 dead US servicemen pressed into that war. Not to mention that equal number of US veterans who committed suicide in the years to follow. McNamara is an Elder Statesman now, walking around freely today.

2. Henry Kissinger. Former US Secretary of State, had a hand in the killings mentioned above. Plus condoned thousands of additional killings in Chile, under the sponsorship of US foreign policy. Won a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

3. Bill Clinton. Former, disgraced US President. Initiated bombing raids against Yugoslavia and Iraq, neither country able to defend itself, resulting in the deaths of thousands. Conducted punitive sanctions against Iraq, resulting in hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. Presided during Waco Massacre and Oklahoma City Bombing, thinly-disguised war crimes against US citizens.. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today, amply rewarded for book deals and speaking engagements.

4. George HW Bush. Former super spy, former US President, the first to graduate from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) into the presidency and bring lessons learned at CIA headquarters directly into US policy. While serving under Ronald Reagan, helped encourage the Iraq-Iran war, resulting in deaths of one million people, allowing US oil and arms dealers to profit greatly. During the 'Eighties, helped encourage US sponsored military dictators in Latin America, guilty of extermination of thousands of ordinary citizens, via US-trained "death squads." Conducted pre-emptive war with Panama, resulting in 1,000-4,000 deaths, simply to topple former CIA henchman and drug lord, Manuel Noriega. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today, basking in limelight.

5, Madeline Albright. Former US Secretary of State under Clinton. Condoned the punitive sanctions against Iraq that resulted in an estimated 500,000 deaths of children. Remarked that such sanctions were "worth it." Elder Stateswoman, walking around freely today.

6. George W. Bush. Two term US president, elected using electronic, "black box" voting methods that permit no verification of actual vote count. Conducted two pre-emptive wars, resulting in excess of 100,000 US. Iraqi and Afghani deaths. Condones the use of torture as US policy. Condones rejection of the Geneva Convention, becoming the first US president to openly do so. Considers the US Constitution "A Goddamned piece of paper." Embattled Statesman, walking around freely today.

7. Dick Cheney. Former US Secretary of Defense, and signator of the PNAC, and current Vice President. Accused mastermind of the 911 "terrorist" attack against the US (unproven), Cheney has been called "The Vice President For Torture" by the Washington Post. A staunch supporter of the Middle Eastern War Without End, Cheney, like Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld bears particular responsibility for the conduct of the war. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

8. Paul Wolfowitz. Former US Deputy Secretary of Defense and architect of the Middle Eastern War Without End. Casualties in two pre-emptive wars now exceed 100,000 deaths, not including the estimated 2,000+ US deaths and 15,000 wounded. Won a Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work and a promotion to the head of the World Bank. Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

9. Donald Rumsfeld. US Secretary of Defense during the Middle Eastern War Without End. A signator of the PNAC document that calls for pre-emptive hostile acts of US imperialism conducted by overwhelming military means (War) against weaker nations possessing scarce resources. Aside from the estimated 100,000 Iraqi deaths, the estimated 15-20,000 US casualties (dead and injured), and the untold tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands (millions?) who will suffer from the effects of depleted uranium in the years to come, Rumsfeld remains convinced the "war on terror" is just. A long time political appointee, Rumsfeld is an Elder Statesman, walking around freely today.

10. Ruppert Murdoch. Token American. Media baron. Never met a war he didn't like. Responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and untold millions of refugees through media encouragement of harsh, US foreign policy. Owns a sizable chunk of the US news media. Murdoch is the most visible Godfather of the Mainstream News Mafia (MNM). Elder Statesman and multi-billionaire news baron, walking around freely today.

edit on 20-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join