It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to remote voiewers and those who astral travel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Mods, please relocate this as necessary if this is the wrong place..

I've noticed a lot of topics that discuss remote viewing and astral projection but there's not been anything in the way of verifiable evidence.. I've seen people respond with things such as "No proof is required for those who've experienced it" or even one on another discussion board that claimed such tests have been done quite often but that the results of the success haven't been posted.. well my question is how could someone claim those tests exist if there's no evidence of the tests in the first place? but I digress..

I have a simple test that cannot be tampered with if anyone is so inclined as to take me up on it.. it's quite simple.

I will create an image on paper, this will be a physical thing.. the image will be a specific color, specific shape and contain a specific number.. I will take a photo of this image before the test even begins.. I will put that file inside of an encrypted archive and upload it to a file sharing service where anyone may have access to it to download it in advance of any guess.. ( but only after the challenge is accepted by someone ) .. that person will then have 24 hours to provide an answer as to what this image is of, what color it is and what the number is .. even if you get 2 out of 3 right that's pretty impressive .. I would think

Once a guess is made, the key to decrypt this archive that will already be in your possession, will be given and you will know if you're right or wrong.. I can't tamper with the archive once you have it, and you can't change your guess once it's public.. this makes it fool proof.. and trust me, you won't be able to brute force the password.. not in 24 hours, not in a week ..

So, who's game? .. A lot of people talk the talk, so it's time to put this to bed.. the beauty about this is that we can actually have multiple people accept this challenge and make guesses...

Anyone? .. if someone wants to change the test parameters I'm also open to that idea, but I insist on allow the test object/image/whatever be able to be in the hands of people in a protected/encrypted form before any guesses are made and only after there's an acceptance of the challenge..

Also note: this challenge would be applicable to those who claim any form of psychic power as well if that will provide you the answer.. i don't care if you call on demon spirits, animal spirits, a loved one who's passed on .. or you're just simply astral projecting.. all such ideas are welcomed to this test.

PLEASE READ:

1. Do not post any guesses yet, the test has not begun. ( strike that, it began as of 8:10pm EST )
2. The test only begins once we have at least one challenger ( hopefully more ) ( we have at least one now )
3. Once the test begins, do not make any guesses until 24 hours after it's begun
4. Absolutely make no guesses until you have the archived file with the answer first, I don't want any questions of people thinking I've changed the answer

Once the test period is up, the decryption password will be provided .. ( and after you've posted your answers ) .. more notes below, forgive me for being lengthy but I'm just trying to keep this crystal clear.. any notes I add at the end of the thread I'm just adding here as well

ACCEPTED CHALLENGERS SO FAR:

xawesomepants

( more challengers welcomed )

TEST HAS BEGUN AS OF 8:10PM EST

The file can be downloaded at RapidShare ( Encrypted zip file )
Alternate download link: MegaUpload

PLEASE DO NOT POST GUESSES .. but do download the archived file and save it .. If you want to be part of this challenge, simply PM me before say .. 6PM EST tomorrow and I will add you to the list above

Once the time arrives, those on the list will submit their guesses publically to the board, once they are all posted I will provide the password to the files you just downloaded.

CHALLENGERS: Please contact me before 5:30pm or so EST tomorrow to be added to the challenger list, your guesses will be collected tomorrow by request ( not sooner please ) and then the password for the zip file will be provided once those guesses are taken.. please be as descriptive as possible when explaining what you see..

OBSERVERS: Please download the zip file and keep it on hand, you can take part in this by un-archiving it yourself tomorrow to see the image .. it would be better if you have the file before guesses are submitted.

ONE FINAL NOTE!!!!!!!!! You are aiming to guess the shape of the object drawn and the color of whatever it is drawn ON, not the color of the ink / marker / crayon / goats blood it's drawn with ( ha ) .. you are also guessing the number drawn within it
edit on 20-7-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm guessing 27 green square. Just the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm not a remote viewer, but I did some lucid dreaming and had some OBEs. I don't know about how accurately either intersect with reality, but nonetheless, they are still a good tool for self-discovery and also they are more fun than drugs imo. It just takes discipline.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I accept, mostly to see if I can really do it.

Rightyy then...I shall report back in, about-ish twenty-four hours?

edit on 20-7-2011 by xawesomepants because: my awesome spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I'm guessing 27 green square. Just the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm not a remote viewer, but I did some lucid dreaming and had some OBEs. I don't know about how accurately either intersect with reality, but nonetheless, they are still a good tool for self-discovery and also they are more fun than drugs imo. It just takes discipline.

I appreciate your eagerness however that's not how this test works.. I haven't created this image yet.. =) Once someone accepts the challenge, I'll then create it on paper, take a picture of it and do all of the things I outlined above.. NO GUESSES should be made until:

1. A challenge is accepted
2. The archive is encrypted, posted and in the hands of several people to verify
3. The time is up ( 24 hours later )

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
lol im jumped the gun

edit on 20-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xawesomepants
I accepy, mostly to see if I can really do it.

Rightyy then...I shall report back in, about-ish twenty-four hours?

Not yet .. Lets see if there's anymore.. if there's not anymore in a an hour or two, we can begin and I'll create the image, the archive and get it posted and linked to ..
we need to follow protocol to make sure it goes smoothly

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Has any of these "challenges" actually proven anything to date?
I see about 1 of these per week on these boards and have yet to see anyone nail it dead on.

I think you may be wasting time on this topic here, the CIA has most of the real telepaths on the payroll.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
dude this is sweet. star and flag for you sir..I'll be watching the contestants. that is if any balls up to the challenge

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Everyone coming into the thread, please read - I updated the post at the bottom with how this works.. do not post guesses, we have one accepted challenger right now, if we get no more in the next hour or two I'll begin and create the image and archive.. then I will post this file so EVERYONE has it who's interested in following along.. again DO NOT POST GUESSES .. no image exists yet.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yeah, I know.

Post in the thread, to let us(that sounds freaky
) know, when you create that image.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Has any of these "challenges" actually proven anything to date?
I see about 1 of these per week on these boards and have yet to see anyone nail it dead on.

I think you may be wasting time on this topic here, the CIA has most of the real telepaths on the payroll.

Not yet.. I've seen plenty of attempts but they've all been very flawed, I'm trying to make this as controlled as can be for an internet based test, and I want to involve as many people as possible.. keep it interactive and public.. the only risk is someone brute forcing the archive and that's not going to happen unless someone is sitting on a super computer somewhere

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xawesomepants

Yeah, I know.

Post in the thread, to let us(that sounds freaky
) know, when you create that image.

I absolutely will .. =) in fact I need to run to the store real fast, once I get back I will scan through to see if anyone else has accepted and I'll add them to the list in my original post.. once the archive is posted, the 24 hours has begun...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If you are interested in the subject go on Google books and search for Robert A. Monroe book called : Journey's out of the body. There had been real experiment made in universities and proofs that Astral Travel is related to another plane and that electricity has something to do with it. Of course you won't see this on the MSM as it would scare the hell of the masses but that is still a real phenomenon. Give it some time and again as with the M-Theory related to strings holographic universe, etc, and all this stuff will truly come out.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If anyone really could do such a thing they would have used these 'special' abilities to have won the lottery already.

Bunch of fakers who are no more 'physic' or 'special' than your local used car-salesman down the street.

It wont surprise me in the least when NOBODY here gets it right!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm back and it looks like there's no new challengers .. but that's quite alright, once the archive is posted anyone is welcomed to join in anyway.. but DO NOT POST GUESSES UNTIL THE TIME IS UP AND I CALL AN END TO THE CHALLENGE.. once answers are in, I will sum them up in the post and provide the password.. I'm working on creating the archive now

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Wait a minute astral traveling has nothing to do with seeing in the future. You are talking about two totally different subjects. It is as I would compare telepathy to telekinesis. Similar in the domain of application but not yet the same.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Perhaps it would be of interest if you were able to compare and possibly contrast Plato's idea of Forms with Aristotle's idea of Forms, as well as Aristotle's Doctrine of Entelechy….I do believe this may enlighten some….confuse others….

link   
S+F

If there are any serious RV'rs here on ATS then I hope some of them will step to the table.

I personally believe RV is a real phenomenon, but only verifiable experiments like this are worth studying.

Well thought out protocol OP

link   

Originally posted by Gemini67
dude this is sweet. star and flag for you sir..I'll be watching the contestants. that is if any balls up to the challenge
do you know that star and flag means your giving the thread a star on the first post and your flaging it(near the top on the left)

because i gave this its only S+F so far so you may have forgot to give them after saying you would?

good idea OP i doubt you'll get any takers thay seem to shy away when you call them out

star and flag

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
If anyone really could do such a thing they would have used these 'special' abilities to have won the lottery already.

Bunch of fakers who are no more 'physic' or 'special' than your local used car-salesman down the street.

It wont surprise me in the least when NOBODY here gets it right!!!

I once had a strange thought pop into my head. It was strange because it was more pronounced than my other thoughts, like there was a slight sense of urgency and anticipation associated with it. Very hard to explain. Anyway. The thought was to buy a $2 ticket at the gas station. I usually never play the lottery, so this was pretty random. Anyway, I bought the scratch off, scratched off all ten blocks, and each block had a $10 prize. I won $100 because I had a "random" thought. I knew I was going to win before I played.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join