It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal activity picking up in my apartment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It happened at about 4am. My boyfriend and I were sleeping, I had only fallen asleep about an hour before this. I always have a glass of water on my bed side table at night. It sits on the other side of the table furthest from the bed. Theres also a gap in between the bed and the table.

I have other things closer like ashtray and cigs, lighters a couple of books ect. We woke up from being splashed with water and the cup was on the floor. I was soaked, it didnt get my boyfriend very much but enough to wake him up.

Now the reason I explained where the water glass always is and whats in front of it is because I have 2 cats so you would think that this would be the explaination. But there is no way that if one of the cats tipped it over it could have soaked me like that. Nothing on the table was wet not the books not my cigs nothing. Not even the floor. It was like someone had stood there and threw my cup of water on me.

We live alone Just me and him on the top floor of our apartment building with secured entrances. Nobody else could have been in out apartment. And as I said I had only fallen asleep like an hour before it happened and woke up immediately. Nobody was there it was all locked up and chained. I looked to make sure after I determined it could not have been the cats.

We are on our 3rd year living here and I always felt like it was haunted but nothing like this has ever hapened before just weird noices that could be shrugged off or explained. Except for the big bangs that shake the whole apartment. Those are pretty freaky! We don't know what could cause that. Its like something massive hits our roof but it can't have, theres never any evidence that suggests it and it happens way to often.

So is my apartment haunted after all and the spirit is making its self undeniably known? Or do I just have really clever cats? My boyfirend agrees that last night was strange and unexplainable but he doesn't believe in ghosts. He says "not unless I experience something for myself." Well maybe if he was the one that ended up soaked last night and had to sleep on a wet bed he might be a little more believing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing.

My girl and I have had some very strange occurrences in our apartment - which got more severe when we considered moving out of the building at one point. It was literally as if something/someone did not want us to leave, and was upset with us.

I consider myself more of a "knower" than a believer, as I have witnessed the paranormal off and on my whole life.

From what it sounds to me, without jumping to conclusions too quickly, is that you may indeed have a haunt among you.

Have you two changed your living patterns in any way - for instance, moving furniture around (beds, dinner tables, fridge)? Have you two been arguing more often recently? Literally it can come down to having a messy bedroom, as "chaos" has been known to stir up unwanted spirits.

Try to think about any changes at all and get back to me. Otherwise I'd say you've got a really meticulous cat.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Have you two changed your living patterns in any way - for instance, moving furniture around (beds, dinner tables, fridge)? Have you two been arguing more often recently? Literally it can come down to having a messy bedroom, as "chaos" has been known to stir up unwanted spirits.

Actually yes. We bought an air matress to sleep in the living room when its to hot to sleep in the bedroom. We dont have central air. Just an AC unit out in our living room and it doesn't make it to the bedroom unfortunately.

That's very interesting, I wonder if it has something to do with it. I actually hope it was somehow the cats because if a spirit can move things like that they can hurt you.

I was freaked out last night that I was going to wake up and my dagger I have next to my bed was going to be floating over me lol! Completely crazy I know but I was effectively creeped out!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So did this happen while you were sleeping in your bedroom, or the living room?

If so perhaps the spirit doesn't like you getting shut-eye in his/her favorite room of the apartment.

After all - many spirits have been considered "splinters". They're still self-aware, but function only one one or two emotions. Something stressful happens to a person, they die, and relive that experience - you could literally have been playing the role of that ghost's significant other just by sleeping in a spot someone else may have slept.

Like a scenario: The ghost could be a child, whose mother passed out in that very room. Trying to wake up its mother, it threw water on her. Only to find that she had died.

Try sleeping in a different part of the room.

Also, since you've got cats, watch their behavior. They're known for seeing a bit more of the "film reel of reality" than us clumsy humans.

--- Try not to be afraid of it though, horror movies have done a great job at turning simple emotional ghosts out to be horrible monsters. A ghost is usually someone who is just upset, and needs closure.

Might sound silly but if you feel "love" instead of "fear" next time you are freaked out - it almost always works to make the situation better. That's coming from my own experience with the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
So did this happen while you were sleeping in your bedroom, or the living room?

If so perhaps the spirit doesn't like you getting shut-eye in his/her favorite room of the apartment.

After all - many spirits have been considered "splinters". They're still self-aware, but function only one one or two emotions. Something stressful happens to a person, they die, and relive that experience - you could literally have been playing the role of that ghost's significant other just by sleeping in a spot someone else may have slept.

Like a scenario: The ghost could be a child, whose mother passed out in that very room. Trying to wake up its mother, it threw water on her. Only to find that she had died.

Try sleeping in a different part of the room.

Also, since you've got cats, watch their behavior. They're known for seeing a bit more of the "film reel of reality" than us clumsy humans.

--- Try not to be afraid of it though, horror movies have done a great job at turning simple emotional ghosts out to be horrible monsters. A ghost is usually someone who is just upset, and needs closure.

Might sound silly but if you feel "love" instead of "fear" next time you are freaked out - it almost always works to make the situation better. That's coming from my own experience with the paranormal.

We were sleeping in the bedroom last night. The couple nights before were in the livingroom though.

What kind of behavior would the cats show? They always seem to follow something unseen with thier eyes. Like looking around the room rapidly with an intense focus. We just thought they were weird lol!

Thank you for the advice! I appreciate it!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Spirits aren't physical bodies any more. I think that in some cases enough concentrated energy can allow us to see them in a "human" shape - but from my experiences once again, I've noticed they are more in the shape if orbs, smoke, or other animals (birds, lizards, cats)

So I think that is what the cats are usually seeing. Maybe balls of light to shimmering kaleidoscopes of colors. My cat also runs around like crazy. Always entertaining to watch - but they are called guardians of the Underworld for a reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd like to think the blame can be put on your cats...
Yet, how the situation occurred would mean that you would have noticed the cat(s) straight away, from when waking up.

Past noises & things can be attributed to the fact you live in an apartment building...So there are other tenants living in the same building, I presume?

Sorry but I still don't understand your description of where exactly your table is, & where the cup of water is...Is the table at the foot of the bed? Or on your side (or his side) of the bed?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I also class myself as to be in the "know" as from when I was a small child, I have always been seeing strange things, at first I wasn't scared and I used to even walk up them and try and talk but later, I don't know what happened they just turned scary, not sure how to explain it really.

Anyway, even had occurences of where my father was getting strangled by something and it stopped after my mum rushed in worrying about it. Very strange.

Anyway, I think you also have a haunting, if the cats had done this, surely all the other objects would of got wet aswell.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
I'd like to think the blame can be put on your cats...
Yet, how the situation occurred would mean that you would have noticed the cat(s) straight away, from when waking up.

Past noises & things can be attributed to the fact you live in an apartment building...So there are other tenants living in the same building, I presume?

Sorry but I still don't understand your description of where exactly your table is, & where the cup of water is...Is the table at the foot of the bed? Or on your side (or his side) of the bed?

Yeah and neither of the cats were in the room. I also didn't hear them run out. Yes there are other tenants in the building.

Its next to my head theres a few inches in between the bed and the table. We have the bed against the middle of the back wall in the room with tables on both sides up against the back wall. My water cup is always on the side of the table closest to the side wall not the bed. Hope that helps sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I also class myself as to be in the "know" as from when I was a small child, I have always been seeing strange things, at first I wasn't scared and I used to even walk up them and try and talk but later, I don't know what happened they just turned scary, not sure how to explain it really.

Anyway, even had occurences of where my father was getting strangled by something and it stopped after my mum rushed in worrying about it. Very strange.

Anyway, I think you also have a haunting, if the cats had done this, surely all the other objects would of got wet aswell.

Thats what I though too. Everything should have been wet on the table and the floor should have been as well.

Given thats theres a few inches in between the bed and table and the location of the cup that much water should not have made it on me! Let alone the bed.

It would have soaked the side of the bed and the floor. Also how would it have splashed over me and hit my boyfirend?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Interesting...What part of your body did the water hit you mostly? Your head/face, body, or legs?

And where exaclty on the floor did the cup end up landing?

What if you had a window or summat open, & a gust blew in? Although I highly doubt this scenario.

Sorry for the 21 questions...Just trying to paint a bigger picture...

*EDIT: I think I've worked out the cause of the mysterious soaking:

We are on our 3rd year living here and I always felt like it was haunted but nothing like this has ever hapened before just weird noices that could be shrugged off or explained. Except for the big bangs that shake the whole apartment. Those are pretty freaky!

Is it not possible, that one of these big bangs caused the cup to jump & spill the water onto you? As it was 4am, you may not have heard the usual bangs, or was freaked out by the fact water was spilt onto you!
It would also explain how the cup could have travelled so far.

Just my 2 pence.
edit on 20-7-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by ucantcme

Interesting...What part of your body did the water hit you mostly? Your head/face, body, or legs?

And where exaclty on the floor did the cup end up landing?

What if you had a window or summat open, & a gust blew in? Although I highly doubt this scenario.

Sorry for the 21 questions...Just trying to paint a bigger picture...

*EDIT: I think I've worked out the cause of the mysterious soaking:

We are on our 3rd year living here and I always felt like it was haunted but nothing like this has ever hapened before just weird noices that could be shrugged off or explained. Except for the big bangs that shake the whole apartment. Those are pretty freaky!

Is it not possible, that one of these big bangs caused the cup to jump & spill the water onto you? As it was 4am, you may not have heard the usual bangs, or was freaked out by the fact water was spilt onto you!
It would also explain how the cup could have travelled so far.

Just my 2 pence.
edit on 20-7-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

It hit my left shoulder and arm and the left side of my chest some of it splashed in my face but not a lot. The edge of the bed next to me was soaked too. The window is closed and It would have to have been a huge gust for that to happen.

Ask as many questins as you want I don't mind! The bang has never knocked anything over before. But I suppose its possible. It's a big cup and kind of heavy when full. I refilled it before I went to sleep.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Maybe you could set up an experiment with a video camera over you at night and maybe an EVP session to see what happens?

top topics

join