It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Glow is not Anonymous!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Broken Glow is not Anonymous!

bushwickbk.com

The residents had hastily packed up and left about a month ago, a neighbor at 255 McKibbin Street told the Post. But the residents, members of a band called “Broken Glow,” part of the Potion Collective group of bands and artists once based at defunct Potion café, didn’t leave because they knew they were being watched.

The band’s departure, however hasty, had nothing to do with the investigation into the attacks, band member Garrett Deming told BushwickBK. “Our lease was up, people knew where we were going,” Deming said. He and his roommates moved to a new apartment in North Bed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.minyanville.com
www.thelmagazine.com

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, this is some crazy stuff right here. I live on Mckibbin, in the lofts the article is talking about. I lived in 255 and now in 248. I use to live with broken glow for a short while when i was couch surfing.
As I said in the post, yesterday i woke up reading about the whole FBI raids. Then my room mate came home and started telling me about how she was just interviewed about the recent FBI raid, and said it was across the street! I was at first shocked and then proud.
Then, today, i woke up and got a call from my guitarist who begins telling me the raid was in 510! But my friends moved out two months ago, and it was only because the land lord is killing the music and the wanted to move somewhere they could practice and live better.
Now i read on the internet all sorts of crap saying FBI searching for Broken Glow, and Broken glow suspected anonymous members! WTF? Not only where they not even living there and havn't been for 2 months, but they didn't even have a password on their WEP. Are you telling me the FBI sucks that much that they can raid an empty apartment, that ended in proper terms? Or is it just some bullsh!t the FBI claiming to performing raids, but instead showing up to empty apartments haha!
Now lets get somethings set. Broken Glow is band, and thats it. They don't know anything about hacking. They are musicians that work # jobs just to be able to do their music.
So when you hear about my friends being in anonymous please set the record. This is just bad reporting/sensationalism at its best.
We are all apart of a local music group call The Potion Collective. We call put on DIY shows all around Brooklyn and Manh.. Please check out our pages and maybe check our music?

bushwickbk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ha. The hipster bands don't do anything but coc aine and one night stands, sorry. I would love to believe they had the capacity for any kind of organized rebellion, but they don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

sigh...Broken Glow is Anonymous! everyone is.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Ha. The hipster bands don't do anything but coc aine and one night stands, sorry. I would love to believe they had the capacity for any kind of organized rebellion, but they don't.

What's a hipster band?

www.youtube.com...

Sounds like ordinary Pentatonic minor riffing we all know and love whether you are wearing a cowboy hat or a polo shirt.

S&F good luck!

Thanks in advance for the opportunity to plug our crew.

www.soundclick.com...
edit on 20-7-2011 by whaaa because: keep on rockin

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hipster is a term they use here in brooklyn to call someone a hippie, but a new age hippie. Very artsy and usually interesting outfits and hair. They are regular guys. I can't understand how the FBI could flub this up so bad, one for anon!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Hipster is a term they use here in brooklyn to call someone a hippie, but a new age hippie. Very artsy and usually interesting outfits and hair. They are regular guys. I can't understand how the FBI could flub this up so bad, one for anon!

By anons own definition of itself, anyone can be anon so everyone is just supposed to take your word for it that they are not?
If they changed addresses right after the attack they will be charged with, it will look even more incriminating.
You also posted that they knew they were being watched.
A good guess is these trendy hippsters were into all sorts of illegal stuff, it goes with the lifestyle. Computer hacking is both trendy and illegal. There were posters on here describing Anon saying they "trend" so it is a buzzword.
Sounds like this place where they live is a hotbed for fermenting anarchy.
The OP's admission of living there and feeling "Proud" justifies the previous assertion.

new topics

top topics

join