It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin to collide with Asteroid 1993 VD Sep 13th, sending Debris towards Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Found this on youtube (Courtesy of Karmaceutical420) :

With perturbations of Comet Elenin's journey across the asteroid belt, it's orbit could bring a collision with asteroid 1993VD. This could be a serious collision with a spectacular display and a Earth directed Debris field. If a near miss, the 2 objects orbits do cross each other which could bring further perturbations putting either object on a collision coarse with Earth. So far in my search this is the closest proximity comet Elenin makes with another space object.

I know... a pothead that gives Elenin a 45km size... But it's more conservative than 500km - we don't know it's true size.

This is something, however, that I've been speculating for months now... Looks like potheads can wrap their heads around the chaos math more so than most lol... perhaps there's less mental pain, who knows!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Damn, i just read it was intelligently controlled, cant be that intelligent if it is going to colide. . . . . . .

Enough of this utter utter bs please move onto something that is real.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
why on Earth would it send any debris towards Earth? Most would remain in the asteroid belt. Some might get attracted towards Jupiter and maybe a few years later we'd see a couple of tiny meteorites burn up in our atmopshere. Though I guess the chances of any one comet hitting any asteroid are pretty much ..... astronomical.

(imagine a truck trying to dodge road cones that are 10 miles apart)

Space is very, very, very, very big. Movies aren't real. And reality is rather more boring

edit on 20-7-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I believe in the mathematical power of potheads also but calculating that a (max.) 400 meter astroid is going to collide with a (max.) 4 kilometer meteor somewhere in space and telling where the debris will be heading ................I don't know, man.

I'll give it credits for originality though...

Peace

edit on 20-7-2011 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
is that seth rogan narrating?

god space is hugeeee i really cant see anything happening atall

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
Damn, i just read it was intelligently controlled, cant be that intelligent if it is going to colide. . . . . . .

Enough of this utter utter bs please move onto something that is real.

Utter B.S.? I invite you to please refer to THIS post - to consider what's B.S. and what's not.

Due Diligence is what saves lives... People should be GRATEFUL that there are those of us who PRACTICE it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

lol... love the avatar OM!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The pothead is wrong, asteroid 1993VD is inside of the orbit of Mercury 11 Sept 2011. Wildly exaggerating the comet Elenin size and totally full of crap.

C/2010 X1 is 0.482 AU from the sun, (outside of Mercury's orbit. C/2010 X1 is 0.457 AU from the sun, inside the orbit of Mercury. C/2010 X1 Is also way below the orbital plane, while Elenin just crossed the orbital plane, they are millions of miles away from each other. And how would a debris field in the orbit of Mercury ever reach earth?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
The pothead is wrong, asteroid 1993VD is inside of the orbit of Mercury 11 Sept 2011. Wildly exaggerating the comet Elenin size and totally full of crap.

C/2010 X1 is 0.482 AU from the sun, (outside of Mercury's orbit. C/2010 X1 is 0.457 AU from the sun, inside the orbit of Mercury. C/2010 X1 Is also way below the orbital plane, while Elenin just crossed the orbital plane, they are millions of miles away from each other. And how would a debris field in the orbit of Mercury ever reach earth?

Umm...

So can you supply PROOF of the EXACT size of comet Elenin? Of a possible 500km in size, 45km seems to make a reasonable difference in size... yes, ELENIN'S SIZE IS STILL AN UNANSWERED VARIABLE...

Asteroid 1993 VD is a free flying asteroid with trajectory well beyond Mercury. Here's some Harvard plot app data...

Tom's Asteroid Flybys

1993-V07: 1993 VD

JPL data:

JPL Small-Body Database Browser: 1993 VD

Impossible is a word I don't understand when it comes to chaos math. Prove yourself, or stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I just told my ladies and they seemed to handle the news just fine.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
lol... now...after that I need to go get a Qtip to fix my ears !

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

C/2010 (Elenin) is: 3.5 km = 2.17479 miles in diameter.
OR 2 mi. and 307.6 yards in diameter.

Source:
2/23/2011 About 4:15 PM EST
Leonid Elenin (Lyubertsy, Russia) reports his discovery of a comet on
four 240-s unfiltered CCD exposures taken remotely with a 0.45-m f/2.8
astrograph at the ISON-NM observatory near Mayhill, NM, USA, on Dec. 10.435
UT (discovery observation tabulted below).

DATA,,,,,,
-----------------------------------------------------

quote at end of "chat"

"and that I have to get me and mine to higher ground…(Wink!)I believe that the conjuction with Jupiter, Earth, and “Elenin” yesterday triggered the earthquakes in New Zealand and the others. I believe there were 4, 5+. See NGSG. Where are you going? As far as I am concerned, after rewinding the NASA online tool from the JEt Propulsion Lab, the time to “take to the hills and underground is:
October 16th – November 16th…
if not until the end of the year since the fires will be something to contend with…We live in an"

unquote
edit on 21-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What do you anticipate will happen within that time-frame? Yes, I am asking for speculation here. If you have any data to substantiate your suspicions, even better. But I really just want to know what you think will happen. In detail. Thanks...

reply to post by BobAthome

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

Best case scenario:

G1.9+0.3 (Supernova Remnant)

Created by
www.youtube.com...

Will be dense enough to draw in debris rubble, wreckage, ruins, litter ,,etcc,, to ignite ,,maintain steady orbit, and give us a second sun.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I posted 11 Sept 2011, not today. You know, like what the pothead was talking about. A miss by 0.025 AU is about 2.325 million MILES. Also look at the difference in time below the orbital plane, not factored into the distance difference, probably adds to the distance they will be apart.

Why do people think some random pothead is going to make some revelation of a discovery, and where does he get his data from, hummm?

edit on 21-7-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Two comets will collide, My cross will appear in a red sky

"My daughter you must do everything you can to warn the world. Because this great event will shock everyone. They will see great signs in the skies before The Warning takes place. Stars will clash with such impact that man will confuse the spectacle they see in the sky as being catastrophic. As these comets infuse a great red sky will result and the sign of my cross will be seen all over the world by everyone. Many will be frightened. But I say rejoice for you will see, for the first time in your lives, a truly Divine Sign that represents great news for sinners everywhere."
www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just don't see how this is possible. More doom and misinformation around Elenin.
Looking forward to October when this all passes (literally).

top topics

join