It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep sinkhole opens under woman's bed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Deep sinkhole opens under woman's bed

news.blogs.cnn.com

The first step out of bed could have been a big one.

A woman in Guatemala City reports that a sinkhole, 40 feet deep and almost 3 feet across, opened under her bed Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinkhole]en.wikipedia.org

www.sciencedaily.com

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What are sinkholes? A way into the underworld! Must be. Think about it. I'm only kidding but wow.
I live in Florida and have never seen a sinkhole. If I woke up and found one under my bed? I think I might be inclined to go down. Just because. I used to do some diving and am certified. Has anyone ever explored sinkholes underwater? Anyways I think sinkholes are interesting.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That'll wake you up in the morning...

Seriously though I wonder why this happened..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

Your certified to dive into unstable holes in the ground???

crunchy.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

You get certified for different depths. Not where you can go. I have been through some caves and springs but never sinkholes. Deep dark and scary.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good thing she didnt.... Wake up on the wrong side of the bed... ARRR ARRR ARRR!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh man, that picture is creepy! It looks like a drilling rig did it, it's almost perfectly round and the walls are completely vertical. I've seen plenty of photos of irregular sinkholes, but that one is so small and perfectly formed that it really creeps me out. Bizarre!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

It must be just me but I would let myself slowly down a sinkhole like this. Probably resulting in me getting stuck but I would still do it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What the hell ?
I guess that's how you meet the legendary mole people

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
looks like a brick well to me?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wait no, this isn't right.

Look at the tiles of the flooring, it's cut or something.

That is so odd, just the mechanics of what we are looking at. It was under a bed, the bed didn't fall through, and it made a very loud sound??

It just seems rather unlikely that it would happen that way, imho.

If anyone has a really good hypothesis let me know.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The larger sinkholes that occurred in Guatemala are supposedly known as volcanic piping features

Article explaining the "piping features"

Michael Reilly provides a much more satisfying explanation at Discovery News. Much of the valley where Guatemala City is located is covered by up to 600 feet of loose pumice and volcanic ash, materials that can be easily eroded. When sewer pipes or storm drains break or leak, they can start eroding the loose materials deep below the surface, eventually causing the surface to collapse inwards. In the Discovery News article, geologist Sam Bonis refers to the feature as a piping feature.

But I still am confused about how the flooring was damaged in such a minor and yet almost surgical manner, underneath the bed without the bed collapsing as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Wait no, this isn't right.

Look at the tiles of the flooring, it's cut or something.

That is so odd, just the mechanics of what we are looking at. It was under a bed, the bed didn't fall through, and it made a very loud sound??

It just seems rather unlikely that it would happen that way, imho.

If anyone has a really good hypothesis let me know.
yeah same here
this almost looks photoshopped or something like that. is that just an image that they cooked up to illustrate the situation or is that really the sinkhole because it looks REALLY weird to me

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
At first I was thinking.... that sure is almost a perfect circle...
Then I noticed what looks like brick lining. Could this perhaps be an old Toilet or well?

Then I checked out this Site-
webecoist.com...

Really strange how alot of these extremely large sink holes are a nice circle shape.
Maybe the bigger holes are from ancient volcanic activity?
edit on 20-7-2011 by SnakeShot because: grammar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
maybe she sold her soul to the devil and he was coming to collect..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What are the odds of a perfectly round hole? No way.
its the Boggy man. Dont look under the Bed!!!
I have seen a lot of sink holes now.
and they all seem Too round?
like some kind of Sci-Fi tool did it.
some thing is going on.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So, looking at the picture I have to wonder. How did the sinkhole cut the tile in perfect alignment with the dirt underneath it?

I am thinking more likely she has a perverted neighbor. I could be wrong of course, but that hole looks deliberate to me....right under her bed. No matter what the reason it is there, certainly would be scary to wake up to.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedMIB
So, looking at the picture I have to wonder. How did the sinkhole cut the tile in perfect alignment with the dirt underneath it?

I am thinking more likely she has a perverted neighbor. I could be wrong of course, but that hole looks deliberate to me....right under her bed. No matter what the reason it is there, certainly would be scary to wake up to.

I agree. And I am really surprised this thread hasn't exploded yet.

I am pretty sure this is quite the mystery.

Like other people have noted along with myself, there are some really odd inconsistencies with this particular scenario. Something isn't adding up merely based on the way it looks.

I'll have to u2u this around and get some folks to come give us their opinions.

edit on 20-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My problem with this, and I will reiterate it again in other words just for clarity:

Those tiles are cut too smoothly for it to be a natural collapse imho.

Tiles are plates, the entire tile would have fallen into the sinkhole right?
Or at least shatter/break into uneven jagged pieces...but not so smoothly.

How on Earth could a sinkhole cause tiles to be "cut" in half like this perfectly?

Also since a bed was over the hole area, there was no pressure/weight on top of this hole.

It has to have been cut by hand. Could this be a hoax??

edit on 20-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

Recently, a very wide sink hole opened up in an oil field and swallowed a man whole near my location. The hole was estimated to be over 50 feet deep and it was said that those who were right next to the man never heard the man hit the bottom... even though they were all walking together and talking when it suddenly happened.

I've been hearing more and more stories regarding sink holes... and frankly, I am terrified of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join