It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Poll Shows 80% Of Americans Are Angry At The Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Here’s some breaking news: Americans are angry at the government! A new poll conducted by ABC News and the Washington Post reveal that dissatisfaction with the US political system is at its highest in nearly 20 years. The results of the poll reflect that the last time frustrations amounted to this level was in 1992 during an economic downturn that plagued the end of President George H.W. Bush’s first and only presidency. Now 19 years later, American opposition to Washington is at a nearly two decade high.

www.myfalseworld.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

80% eh? that's something, they didn't even ask me or my friends, surely it would be higher than that!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

These numbers are obviously skewed! I would place the numbers more likely around 97-98%.
If your not angry then maybe you should back off the meds for a bit, step back and take a look around.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
too true alot of people are upset for most likely for the wrong reasons.

theres an old saying all policitics are local.

theres just alot of bad blood between the left and right but the anger in my opinion is as both sides are thinking they both need to have their way or the highway.

no compromise and both should be getting what they want.

thats my take.

i hate my government because they not doing whats best for this country but what keeps them in power;

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
only 80%???? the other 20% must be dead , work for the GOV, or illegal. if you ask me the the other 100,000 that do not get asked i would say it is closer to 98%. but hay, we the 100,001do not count, for we do not exist in the first place.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
People on ATS would be shocked to know which Branch.
Because I promise you, It's not a general Government hate thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What's wrong with the other 20%?

Flouride casualties?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Meh.

It's not what it seems. That 80% is loaded with clowns who are angry at some aspect in particular. Usually partisan. Often selfish.

That 80% is 20% who think the (R)'s are messing up the (D)'s great plans, 20% who think the (D)'s are blocking the (R)'s great plans and 40% who are still waiting for Obama to pay their bills.

Only in America can 80% express disgust with their government and it not amount to anything at all because of the essentially hollow nature of their disgust.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Back in February they ran a similar article about how 2/3's are unhappy with the government. See: www.washingtonpost.com... This isn't breaking news to me. How long does it take for news to break. February to July??? Hell I've been upset with Government since I graduated from High School in 1984. If you google how many american's are upset with the government you'll get quite a few articles from February 2011. I guess they want to beat the drum again.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Another proof that Obama is not a good president.
Another proof that American people has doubts about the "Obama the Liberator".
I hope this poll is serious.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

...unless i'm blind, lol, the source that your source states didnt include poll statistics... for all we know, they only polled 100 people or no one at all... the latter would be my bet...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

A new poll shows that 100% of americans like the smell of their own farts.

"Of course, this is just a television poll which is not legally binding. Unless proposition 304 passes, and we all pray it will."
-Kent Brockman

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

Here is another poll:

...A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters think making deeper spending cuts in the federal budget for 2011 is more important than avoiding a partial government shutdown. Thirty-one percent (31%) disagree and say avoiding a shutdown is more important. Twelve percent (12%) are not sure....

...The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on March 30-31, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports....

Most voters, as they have for years, say cutting taxes and reducing government spending are best for the economy.

The partisan divide is predictable. Fifty-four percent (54%) of Democrats say avoiding a government shutdown is more important than deeper spending cuts. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Republicans - and 67% of voters not affiliated with either of the major parties – disagree....

Rasmussen Report

55% Oppose Tax Hike In Debt Ceiling Deal

75% Support Tough Penalties Against Employers Who Hire Illegal Immigrants

48% Think Major Cuts in Defense Spending Won’t Put America At Risk

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president....

Obama is not doing significantly different that he has for the last few months.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Doesn't matter how many people get angry and express their opinions in an online poll. Until the people begin to stand up and do something with that dissatisfaction it will only go downhill.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I bet at least 50% of them are upset about a recent parking ticket or other similar fine/tax.

After you count in all of the types of taxes and fines most people face, our 'actual big picture' tax rate is probably like 80 % or higher. Sure feels like it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

These numbers are obviously skewed! I would place the numbers more likely around 97-98%. If your not angry then maybe you should back off the meds for a bit, step back and take a look around.

The 20% are in two categories. Those who expect to win big after the USA is pushed over the cliff and those who are glued to the bread and circuses and still waiting for their OBAMA money.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

What's wrong with the other 20%?

Do not forget that the Federal government is our largest employer 17%??? the rest are Bankers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

Here is another poll that should give Capitol Hill a warm and fuzzy feeling (snicker)

23% Confident Policymakers Know What They’re Doing About The Economy

Thursday, July 07, 2011

As Congress continues its debate over the national debt ceiling, Americans are less confident than ever that the nation’s policymakers know what they are doing when it comes to the economy.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 23% of American Adults are at least somewhat confident that U.S. policymakers know what they’re doing when it comes to addressing the nation’s current economic problems. Seventy-five percent (75%) are not confident in the country’s policymakers....

Confidence in U.S. policymakers is down 13 points from late April 2009, when 36% of adults felt assured that the nation’s leaders knew what they were doing on the economy. At that time, 60% lacked confidence in U.S. policymakers.

Seventy-five percent (75%) of the Political Class is confident U.S. policy makers know what they’re doing when it comes to the nation’s economic issues, while 85% of mainstream voters are not.

new topics

top topics

join