It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This heat wave my cause black out 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am surprised it has not already happened, for we all know how bad the sys is, it is need of a big fix could this be the one to turn the light's off for good?
finance.yahoo.com...

NEW YORK (AP) -- A lengthy, blistering heat wave that is blanketing the eastern half of the United States is putting significant stress on the nation's power grid as homeowners and businesses crank up their air conditioners.
yea i bet they are, at full blast, and set to freeze

Utilities say they're ready for high power demand and widespread electricity shortages or outages are unlikely. Lines and equipment are not fully taxed and there is more generating and transmission capacity available than usual because of the weak economy. Also, not many major storms are in the forecast, meaning fewer downed power lines.
so they say then why run the story if everything is ok??? here is some more from the link , it might shed some light on this, full pun intended

Nationwide, Thursday and Friday will be hotter than any time since 1950, says Hartman. "It's going to mean elevated power demand for an extended period of time for a lot of people," he says.

To meet demand, utilities are firing up special power plants used only a few days a year, delaying scheduled maintenance in order to keep all equipment on line and testing heat-sensitive switches and other equipment with high-tech devices like thermographers that can gauge temperatures to one-tenth of a degree.
so when the entire nation goes to their AC and set it max cool, out goes the lights. what will we do with out ATS, no internet and no TV er cable??, just to crank the temp up would this be the year of... well you know or do i have to say it?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
but... how will icecream stay icecream

lol I remember when the power in ontario and new york went out a few years back. I just got a new guitar amp, plugged it in and said "why isnt it working?" turns out the instant i plugged my amp in, the grid went down. that's rock and roll baby.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
pee in the wind

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yeah and back when that happened, there was like mass pandemonium. From what I understand, no one really knew what to do because everyone is so technology-based. It would be... interesting to say the least)... if that happened on a larger scale.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
rob every bank possible, since the security should be minimized

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It's hot alright. Yesterday I drank a gallon of generic Koolaide. People have been doing a good job of keeping the power on.

Thank God there isn't some Black Swan swimming our way that could upset the apple cart. Wait a minute, scratch that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I live in Evansville, Indiana. We already had a black out about a week ago. It was so humid and hot that everyone had the A/C full blast. My power went out with a bang at about 5 in the morning. I won't run my A/C full blast. It's about 85 degrees in here right now, but that is better than 100. At least I'm not dead from the heat, you know? I don't know if anyone else here has that mindset, but I hope so.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

It would be very interesting to see what would happen if this was on a much larger scale, say country or even world wide?
that would be some hot cookies

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

This looks pretty widespread to me...

www.weather.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

lol I remember when the power in ontario and new york went out a few years back. I just got a new guitar amp, plugged it in and said "why isnt it working?" turns out the instant i plugged my amp in, the grid went down. that's rock and roll baby.

Oh my gawd!! So that was your fault?

He hee

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

I'm sure that was sarcasm, though I firmly believe that is not the way to handle things. That only makes the already bad situation at hand worse. However, there does need to be some place where people can get together and figure things out. Some designated place in each city.

Times like this is when we need to thank the people that help keep everyone in sync-the people who never get recognition. This, however, would not be the time to make things worse. Not in this situation anyway...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yeah and back when that happened, there was like mass pandemonium. From what I understand, no one really knew what to do because everyone is so technology-based. It would be... interesting to say the least)... if that happened on a larger scale.

yeah it was definitely interesting, I remember everyone having a good time though, everyone was outside, enjoying nature, having fun trying to figure out what to do. it was exciting

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZsunshine

He hee

haha it seemed so, thats what we were joking about the whole time

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZsunshine

He hee

haha it seemed so, thats what we were joking about the whole time

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
damm i want some of that heat in the uk!

aint stopped raining here

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
damm i want some of that heat in the uk!

aint stopped raining here

Ain't rained here (SE USA) in a month... very unusual...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by bekod

It's hot alright. Yesterday I drank a gallon of generic Koolaide. People have been doing a good job of keeping the power on.

Thank God there isn't some Black Swan swimming our way that could upset the apple cart. Wait a minute, scratch that.

Hmmm, the Apple cart, do you by any chance live near appalachian state university. We have a public bus system, it free, that is called Apple cart.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I do expect some sort of power outages tomorrow, it is bound to happen especially with the humidity in some areas making it feel like 105-110

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
all i can say is stay cool the best you can cold wet towels in front of an open door helps been there done that, shoe box lids make good fans, and just think we might see some stars this week end, might see the new constellation, that is if the lights do go out.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

we got compleat opposit m8, we were forcast 30 days of rain the other day i read someware

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join