It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job search freak out thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

dude chill
why are y'all angry because massa don't want y'all as a slavey?
[gaassp!!! you ingrate,how dare you defy the Massa and make it look like a 40cent increase is too small!!!!]

also, your firing from walmart may have put you on a blacklist as a "troublemaker"

have you considered self employment?

i repair [and do a mean pirate install] computers, jailbreak and unlock iphones.
no sign, no publicity. just word of mouth

of course i don't have any dependents and there are bad days when there's no work, but the perks make it worthwhile

member cluckerspud recently posted about his dog-walking business as a solution to not finding work.

the biggest perk is:

NO TAXES [soooorrry, mr. taxman, but i am un-employed
]

if you have a family that's counting on you, then you simply cannot put their well-being and continued survival in any other hands except yours.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am aware of the search through your social networking, so might I suggest opening a separate JOB account, with a different email address, most online services offer multiple accounts. Even if you have to open a FB account and add wonderful, beautiful things, and have your JOB account connected to it.

Also monster, has many listings and you can do a resume one time, and apply with a click of a button to multiple jobs at once, and receive and email when something you are looking for becomes available. I figure in this economy, and the outright delusions of employers of finding the "dream" applicant, it can be "manufactured" by you, with just a bit of time, and patience, and maybe a bit of exaggeration.

Peace, and good luck to you

NRE.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OMG I got the denial letter from Toys R Us.. I laughed because at least they responded and let me know yet their site STILL shows they are hiring.

I have had it with online applying. It's impersonal and I find it very rude. If I spend 30mins filing out apps and answering their silly assessment questions then I deserve a response as to if the position has been filled or not!

I get so sick of applying and then when I call to ask nobody knows a thing and all they say is go online and check, well I do and that does nothing!

Grr it is frustrating.

I am HIGHLY qualified to work at Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target (worked there before), Barnes and Noble (worked there before) but for whatever reason I am not picked. I have open friggin availability and no kids. I can work whenever!

I have my ideas why I'm denied, seems most these places like to hire a certain type and I have noticed it. It pisses me off because it is flat our discrimination. I know a few jobs I have lost to others and why and the reasons were absolutely unfair and discriminatory. They label it as "equal opportunity" but that is a load of crap.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh man job searching has been my job for the past couple of years, i got turned down by mcdonalds! Maybe its because i wasn`t related to the manager, seems to be the case here in Nashville. i cant even join the army as an "Economic Conscript" because i only have a GED thank you ROTC program for f`ing up my HS credits when i had to transfer schools because they re-zoned. You`ve got to go to school to get a degree to get a job to pay the school, and if you pick a non-acredited school that you saw on tv(ITT Tech) you only wind up getting ripped off by them making you take classes that have nothing to do with your course just so they can charge you for it. I`m about ready to start robbing banks but with my luck they ain`t got no money either.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Hey you got me thinking, food prices keep going up and there is alot of people out the that might want to grow their own stuff but might not have the time or experience to do it. If there is one thing a guy in the south can do is farm. This idea is not patented feel free to try this but not on my turf

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I feel your pain, all of you. A year and a half of looking with no prospects in my field. I tried lowering my yearly salary expectations on applications, but even that didn't work. I just completed a short course for a certificate that may pay about 1/3 of what I was making. I'm slowly going broke on unemployment, and this certificate will make me less than unemployment, but at least it will be up to me to make up for it. The crappiest part for me is once I get that job, any future collecting will be based off of that pay rate.

I'm pretty close to giving up. I've decided to take as much of the higher pay as I can from unemployment before having to work 20 hours a day to make my bills. Maybe I'll get lucky and have a heart attack and go quickly.

People always tell you to keep your head up, but it's hard when it's held down.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

there you go!

set up an aquaponics system or set them up for others the concepts and methods are open source

for a couple of thousand you can buy a 3d printer and print stuff. not just plastic but also metal .

lol look at those kids that auto repair on the fly with no shop or licenses [there is aname for that]

lol my great grandparents were farmers, unless you live in Manhattan, you don't need to worry about any competition from me.

lot's of ideas and ways to make money out there and if you aren't hurting or cheating any one who cares if uncle sugar gets his cut or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Im going to do it, my grandmother`s (RIP) neighborohood is full of seniors that used to have huge gardens but i know as they grow older they are not as able to take care of things and i`m not going to charge anything to make a profit at first just enough to break even and get the word out. I`m going to do alot of research about the best times to plant what crop and all that and maybe try and bring some in on it with me. I`d almost encourage others to do the same in small towns that usually only have a walmart, krogers, food lion, etc to get their produce. Give `em a run for their money. And if that only half ass succeeds their is always rumrunning, moonshining, and selling, growing pot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join