It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 BIN LADENS !!!!!! ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Mubarak warns of '100 bin Ladens'

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak says the U.S.-led war on Iraq would produce "one hundred new bin Ladens," driving more Muslims to anti-Western militancy.

"When it is over, if it is over, this war will have horrible consequences," Mubarak told Egyptian soldiers in the city of Suez on Monday.

"Instead of having one (Osama) bin Laden, we will have 100 bin Ladens," he said.

FULL STORY HERE

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This isnt quite new, since it was known well before the beginning of the war that the US adventure in Iraq would be seen as an anti-arab, pro-zionist aggression by the majority of people in the region. As foretold, this war is illegal, doesnt serve the US economys best interests, and *reduces* US security by creating terrorists. Bush's war seems to turn out in its worst-case scenario.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
When bombing iraq, USA will only gain hate from middle-orient peoples and muslim world...

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yes 100 Bin ladens, many more nations of terriorists. Welcome to the Nightmare of your own creation.
Don't say we didn't warn you.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Bush has now become the 101 Bin Laden for ordering the terrorist military attacks against innocent people.

What's wrong with the US? Why did they start this hell? Why are civilians getting killed in Iraq? I hope you will be able to go to sleep with a clean conscience and feel clean in front of God

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaxatron
What's wrong with the US? Why did they start this hell? Why are civilians getting killed in Iraq? I hope you will be able to go to sleep with a clean conscience and feel clean in front of God

Civilians have been killed in Iraq for years since Saddam has been in power. They are keeping the civilian casualties pretty low considering what i going on there, they could have dropped a couple of MOAB's weeks ago and erase Baghdad from the map, but they are trying to be careful, and for the most part they are.

Kegs, when did you warn them?

dom

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The world warned you, not to go ahead unilaterally.

And civilian casualties are currently at 580, over 10 days.

So over 365 days thats 20K people. Do you think that's a higher/lower rate of death than that dealt out by Saddam? I'd say it's obviously higher. But with a 2-3 month war, how long will it take for the lives taken to equal the lives lost if we hadn't have attacked?

We'll see, but if we get up to 3-4K Iraqi civilians, we're going to have a very negative reaction from the Iraqi population in the affected areas...

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
And civilian casualties are currently at 580, over 10 days.

Where did you get that number, from Saddam? Just curious, I'm looking into it now, not saying you're wrong dom.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
PA,

if you have a better number and source, then post it please. Just saying that someone else's figures are wrong is not a positive contribution to the discussion. thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl
if you have a better number and source, then post it please. Just saying that someone else's figures are wrong is not a positive contribution to the discussion. thanks.

Thanks for reading my post. What were the last five words of my post? Thanks again for your positive contribution! Not only think before you post, but read what you're posting about!!!!!1

dom

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
BBC News yesterday, can't remember the link.

They were quoting:
25 UK KIA
39 US KIA, 19 US MIA
~550 Iraqi Civilian deaths
no quoted number for Iraqi military (but I'd guess 3-8K)

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey Dom, I just saw between 493-652. I'm sure it is hard to tell, but it's larger than I thought.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

I'm sure one of you anti-war guys could convince Simon to put one of the many counters at this link on ATS!

dom

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hmm, that might be interesting, although I guess he can if he wants.

Another interesting thought... we're currently at 80 coalition deaths if we assume that US MIA turn into US KIA. If that's in 10 days, and we have 80 days of this left, then we could be looking at a final death count of 720 on the coalition side. Would that potentially affect the level of support in the US? (Forget about the 5400 Iraqi civilian deaths, which would probably be higher because we're running out of precision weapons. I think we've already dropped cluster bombs on areas of Basra...)

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
War is never good... and as I recall we hated the Japanese and Germans for many years after the big WAR. I am sure in a decade, Iraq will be a better country and in 30 years americans will be vacationing there.. hard to believe huh?

Also, there were 100 OBL before the war and there will be 1000 in my lifetime, Israel has their's with the PLA, Britain has their's (IRA), etc. We will then deal with them like we are now.. we will hunt down 100 or 1000 OBL's and kill them like the animals they are.. that's all you can do. Fear drives these people, you cannot reason with a fanatic (have you tried to reason with Thomas Crowne? - JK lol )

In addition, any country that harbors or assist those terrorist will face what Iraq is facing.. sure there will be bombings in the good ole US of A.. but as many people have stated ... it's a surprise it hasn't happened sooner. Oh, one more thing.. ties to Al-Queada have been found in Iraq.

So, welcome to the new world (USA) and welcome to the rest of the world's problems that have existed for decades.

I pray for safety for all those on these boards in these troubled times.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How many of those 580 were shelled by Iraqi forces... How many more were hung, shot, beheaded, etc. by Saddam's brute squads?

Saddam's regime ultimately is responsible for any civilian casualties...by mocking a dozen years of resolutions, by placing military targets in civilian areas, and support of terrorists. (and for those claiming he doesn't support terrorists, keep in mind how they are quite openly, even now, calling for suicide bombings, etc.)

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So what the Egyptian president is that in the future a hundred new Arab billionaires will abandon the good life and get involved in heroin and weapons sales. After that then commit there lives to attacking every world power on the planet except the Chinese (they buy most of the heroin).

Big question why did the Egyptian president not say this about Russia when they invaded Afghanistan??

What about what is going on in the Chechen territories why is no one protesting that action??

What is wrong with this picture?

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if the bombs dont kill them, saddam wil.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If Saddam isn't dead already himself. Apparently, there hasn't been a sighting of him since the first night of bombing. Of course its possible that he is hidden away and possibly being treated for injuries if he was hit that first night. I would think if he was alive and kicking that he would make a public address that was at least relevant to what was going on, not some taped general statement. In my opinion, if he isn't dead then he is pretty banged up.

top topics

join