It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Google was changing its algorythms for their search engine. Recently, I have noticed I cannot find anything I am looking for without going through 10 pages of dead ends and so called specialty search sites. I am sick of 3 pages of Ali Baba, 4 pages of Yellow book, pages/ subjects/ or other yellow sites that tell me nothing. I see city search at least twice on every page. I have tried Yahoo and other search engines and all I find are dead ends with no information on the companies they list. I would suppose it would be easier just to go to Ali Baba and search from their engine for all the good any search engine does for me now. Has anyone else experienced my frustration?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
YES! do you also remember when only 1/10 of the links was #ty and filled with ads? now every other site is a scam or a website filled with more links. any other search engines anyone can recommend?

edit on 20-7-2011 by stoptheinsanity2012 because: mistyped

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

You can use startpage they say that they do not any tracking. I've been using them for a while now and the results are fairly decent but definitely not up to google's "standards".

Bill

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bill1962
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

You can use startpage they say that they do not any tracking. I've been using them for a while now and the results are fairly decent but definitely not up to google's "standards".

Bill

Startpage is "Google Enhanced" Same crap. Thanks anyway.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Try out DuckDuckgo.com

They don't track or store your searches, and everything is SSL. Also, they have a ton of different search options, called "bangs", which are prefixed with an exclamation point (!), i.e. !amazon [search term] will search amazon automatically, etc.

I have their firefox plugin and it is great.
edit on 7/20/11 by rydizz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/11 by rydizz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"start page" ripped off "www.ixquick.com" and they are google free.
they also have a few real cool features under advanced, and allow you to view proxy of any page you search!

Happy hunting!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have landed on Duckduckgo. I appreciate it. I wonder if others have noticed the change in the search engines?

top topics

join