It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make Hydrogen Fuel At Home!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A commercial hydrogen fuel cell company already in existence.Buy it today !
www.horizonfuelcell.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Norry

404'd. Listen, buying isn't my cup of tea. I want this knowledge in everyones hands with teens having hands on experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I am undecided. Technology often has huge repercussions we cannot even fathom. For all we know, they keep it hidden because even though it may be free energy and a miracle, perhaps it also speeds Earth to death in ways we don't understand yet. Stargate and Doctor Who both dealt with the idea of taking energy out of the universe for what seemed like free energy, but what later was discovered to be affecting negatively the people living in those sources.

Fact is I do think we will be able to go to other stars within a few months of travel by the end of this century. But I also don't think we will stop using gasoline by the end of this century either.

I think You would like this from one of the video games I play. The beginning at least.

What do you think? Seems legit?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by deadeyedick

Indeed. I kind of had an idea to build pressure as well. All due interesting. But still not efficient enough

True. Now if you had a 12 or 24 volt dc electrical system in your house running everything it would work alot more efficient.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So on the Geet HHO trail, I found some videos. I think this has a purpose, but its still not what I want. I am not compromising.

How to assemble a Geet reaktor

14# HHO-Geet Pantone Hybrid testing

He hasn't at this point been succesful at adding the HHO or putting the steam through the carburator. I am wondering if its because he began with a commercially bought generator that he altered. He had a big bang and was fortunate in no injuries, so obviously care should be taken.

He's nice. He wrote in answer to someone I think applies to everyone who is trying to envision a cleaner, world, and I envision it free from all corporate slavery and oil, this:

“World is not about challenging anyone except yourself ,it is more about helping i think.....”

HHO & GEET

52 GEET fuel processor - Generator Project - How to build GEET Fuel Processor

EFIE and PWM Wiring Diagram for HHO Systems

53 GEET fuel processor - Generator Project - How to build GEET Fuel Processor

25 Building a Vapor Carburetor with the Crazy Fish Farmer

Building a Vapor Carburetor (Update)

He says if he, a backyard mechanic can do this and increase his fuel milage 400%, what can the technicians out there do?

Homemade Vapor Carburetor
edit on 21-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

They put so much into the games. Also in Assassins Creed. Seems to be a bit of truth put out there.

My own viewpoint, my own spirituality stemming from my experiences, is that humanity is not going this route, at least the next positive step for those with love in them.

Like in the double slit experiment, where the one electron interfered with itself and existed in many alternative timelines, or possibilites before conscious awareness collapses the wave, this is something that happens each day to us, with our thoughts, for the school is highly interactive.

So I want to share a psi or energy moment yesterday when I began this thread. Worry about preparing for earth changes, that IMO have a lot to do with what technology TPTB are using against civilians, with possible cosmic events. But the severity IMO of those cosmic events is also, like the double slit experiment, interactive and relating to the mind or consiousness, awareness, compassion/kindness of people. Ie. higher grades. In other words if, and only if, the ancient writings are of something cyclical, and for example, if the red kachina/destroyer is going to arrive, there is a interaction, or frequency that would likely create a worse scenario, and a Love Frequency, Equality, Sharing and Concern For Others that would create safety for everyone, or regions. I prefer for everyone. We'd have to find those more dangerous regions and go build the energy devices there, and food production, bring higher frequency to those regions, more awareness.

Many are awake on the coastlines, and even the west coast, we must be here to help draw in safety or mitigate things coming.

I have faith. I believe in the Highest Love and Goodness, whatever Name one wishes to give this, and a perfect plan, and even have memories of this.

Yesterday, when I began this thread, I felt a shift in the timelines, an energetic shift, like the possibilities in the matrix/electron, double slit experiment, becoming more real towards the Good Side, Equality, Love, people get independent AND collective. They don't have to be forced into work for others, but can contribute freely to projects if they wish, and lots of educational opportunities. I see this, and this thread, is one tiny addition, to many other threads along the same line, for others. Freedom and Cooperation. The best of all philosophies, with all the negative from all philosphies thrown out. What is good, kind, offers choice, while at the same time has collective solutions, energy, education, medical. Helping others, creating unity and close nit communities, operating where unalieable rights and freedom from corporate law and forcing, is expected by all wide awake citizens policing the system, maintaining freedom, aware.

I felt a shift, pulling away from something that I don't want to see happening.

Every good thing a person does, that relates to equalizing or helping others, is something that interacts with the school of possibilities.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well the double slit experiment, and the whole idea of quantum mechanics, has been a bit skewed by personal beliefs. The Electron doesn't change because you, as a person, is looking at it. The electron changed because in order for you to look at it, a photon has to hit it in order for you to see it. This is why things change between waves and particles. A wave must respond to physical contact. And it does so by becoming a particle. You would get the same results if you didn't look at it, but rather just blindly shot a photon at it.

Its also not different timelines. It's just that its a wave, and waves are not fixed points in space time.

Love in general is nothing really. Love alone that is. Love with will or friendship can bring down nations or build them up. it's what you're using your love for. Many people do love, but that doesn't mean they are putting out anything. The same love that produces a well mannered child is the same love that Hitler had for the German people, which led to the deaths of countless millions. Love alone is not enough. People can be good, but still do great evils. Likewise be evil, and do great goods.

In general, mixing spirituality and science is not a good idea. Surely you realize that if our "output" of emotions could actually do anything, that somebody could just observe that specific wave pattern, and build a machine to constantly output that wave, thus bringing them great things in general. Likewise, a person could figure out the wave for evil and anger and simply mass produce that wave and bring any nation they desire into great destruction.

I keep a simple rule. Spiritual things, if they exist, cannot affect nor be observed in this reality. Because anything that can be observed can be altered. And in turn, destroyed.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

This school is highly interactive. I have some threads on things, cloud work too was mentioned, a different type of experiment.

More videos.

HHO Generator Construction # 1

304 SS is lower in Chromium then 316SS is and the chromium locks in the ferrite (Iron) in the material. With 304 you will see some contamination but I think the cup Idea is great. I tried it with small 304 dog water bowls and got production like I have never seen. But the water turned on me. Tried to find 316 bowls could find surgical 316 bowls but are kind of pricey. One thing I found, drill some holes in the bottom to allow access for the water to get in.
Best of Luck & Work Safe!!
Hydroginist 3 years ago

HHO Generator Construction # 2

HHO Generator Construction # 3

HHO Generator Construction # 4

HHO Sauce cup electrolyzer

Hi interesting video, I experimented with cups/cones, and such shapes, I read a German university PDF file, which in experiments they found that 38 degrees of interface was most efficient for cones, cant find the dam file though for you, mmmmm I need a course on filing, and file keeping LOL.
Thom in Scotland.
fuelban 1 year ago

How to build HHO Generator. Video 1 of 3

How to build HHO Generator. Video 2 of 3

How to build HHO Generator. Video 3 of 3

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Vinegar is acetic acid and not a good electrolyte. The H2O2 will produce about 2.2 liters of oxygen [at STP] per 8oz bottle without any electrolysis but only simple, metal catalyzed decomposition.
The claims of your quoted reference seem like he's selling something. Everyone I know who tried the hydrogen-to-intake trick spent money for no gain.
The biodiesel-from-french-fry oil is another dud and only works if a few people are doing it for a little bit of fuel. There isn't enough used fry oil to matter.

The way to cut use of oil is for all desk jockeys to telecommute to work and all worker bees to take public transit or live near their factories. Additionally, the US could start using diesel vice gasoline. Gas mileage goes up by about 30-50% with diesel. Further, a turbodiesel is about 42% thermally efficient while a PEM fuel cell with onboard reforming is only about 38% efficient. This is one reason why fuel cell powered vehicles are not touted much.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Interesting links that were on the thread. I dug into them and found this.

pesn.com...

Almost everyone in the alternative energy community is aware of Andrea Rossi's cold fusion based E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology. It is a game changer that allows vast amounts of energy to be produced by inducing a nuclear fusion process between small quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas. Instead of the reaction taking place in a gigantic multi-billion dollar experimental reactor, it takes place in a device that can fit on a table top

….

(I think the reason he uses the word "mostly" in the above post, is that the one megawatt plant will require input power to start. Also, if a reactor core starts to drift lower in output, power will be used for a few minutes to bring it back to a normal operating temperature. For the vast majority of the time, there will be no input power.)

The fact that the one megawatt plant will use no input power (the vast majority of the time) is very important. This will be absolute -- beyond any doubt -- proof that the technology works as claimed. Simply put, the pathological skeptics and naysayers will not be able to refute that cold fusion is taking place. …

The Launch is Approaching

The clock is ticking as the October launch of the one megawatt plant nears, followed by a November debut to selected individuals. In addition, a September demo of a 35 kilowatt system may be approaching. The world needs to be getting ready for the launch of this technology. There are lots of things that can be done now to help prepare for the transition from a fossil fuel based economy to a cold fusion based economy.

Power Plant running on cold fusion with only a jump start needed, and probably no input, but there will be some on standby if it drops.

Very interesting, but then again, the small device he had, that anyone could have is even more interesting.

Yes, its good for communities and regions to have power.

But we need to be independent as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I got befuddled, I originally meant citric acid.

I found this just now. He claims it's clean:

This lemon juice concentrated has run approximately 40 hours. After all the run time there has been no deposits on the bottom of the container and no scum floating on top of the water. Throughout the entire process even though that the water change color because of the natural lemon juice there was no loss in production of hydrogen and oxygen gas during these changes. If you watch closely you will see white sparkles of water droplets in the video of water droplets being forced out of the water. These water droplets are being forced out of the water due to the hydrogen & oxygen gas escaping quickly. Using the 100% lemon juice it was filtered through 4 layers of paper towel to filter out the lemon pulp.

HHO Gas Lemon Juice process after 40 hours April 3, 2008

I was just wondering about adding the powdered citric acid, if it was better. Such as is mentioned here, where the water doesnt discolor nor is there any residue, in the comments below.

Regarding the lemon juice I use 16.9 ounces of lemon juice into a pretzel container and I put 1 gallon and 2 or 3 cups of water. The lemon juice will turn dark after a while and I suggest using Kool-Aid or Citric Acid which is better.
pjckac1 3 years ago

My suggestion stay away from harsh chemicals. I suggest using citric acid that is found at health food stores. Citric Acid will not color the water or leave any foam in the process. This citric acid can be found at Better Health foods store. It is 100% natural citric acid no additives. The oxygen and hydrogen gas leaves the water quickly you will see when you try it. Not every store carries citric acid. This store does.
pjckac1 3 years ago.

I would totally disagree and suggest that while living near our work, home based even, is less stressful and preferred by some, there is No Reason For Anyone To Have Their Wings Clipped. We're not going backwards, we're going green. The Geet, which is not my preferred choice is proven to work and even by the French Governments own studies of emissions reduction and gas used.

But the others already done. The elecrolyte isn't worth the cost of gas, its nothing. Also, do you think that anyone would like the oil industry and to hand money over to these Sadistic Corporate Criminals if they could use their own nearly free energy via man different means, to produce their own gasoline. Electric works just fine for around town, at 50 km. But we need to switch to clean emissions the rest of the time, with hauling power.

Now, its overunity, but let me tell you this. The energy from the sun, wind and earth, not to mention other devices is very cheap, and doesnt require hydro dams, nuclear, coal, or fossil fuels, nor do we have to BUY it from someone. So we can make our fuel far cheaper.

But if it cost the same money, and I could stop supporting the Globalist Oil companies, I'd be very happy with that as well. Cost the same in, supplies to build the solar and wind, etc etc? If you just continue with the hydro.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

HHO with kool-aid

Koolaid. It runs clean. Invisible type in one video.

www.hhoforums.com...

He says to use the lemon kooliad and it runs clean.

So lemon or invisible koolaid works well, its probably cheaper than the C powder.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Resources themselves have been plundered and abused by the globalists/corporations, and we never had to live like this. The amount of energy used creating automobiles, fuel for consumption, forrest destruction for homes, when there are countless ethical, natural, locale, and beautiful solutions has been nothing short of theft, and robbery, of our resources, world for all of humanity, the developing nations who's resources have been plundered as well by this elite cartel, and all of nature.

Here is Henry Ford's vehicles in production for a number of years, that was made/constructed of Hemp, a renewable and quickly grown resource, and run by Hemp Fuel. The body of the vehicle was stronger than steel.

The1941 Ford Hemp Made And Powered "Car" (HD)

You can make homes out of it too, mobile homes, homes on wheels, trailers, furniture, tools, resins added, or slurry, with earthern clays or minerals so almost paper mache cob. Its an extremely long fibred vegetation, excellent for spinning, for thread, surpasses linen, and linen's strong.

www.rense.com...

Ford And Deisel Never
Intended Cars
To Use Gasoline

Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONSTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941...

Rudolf Diesel, the inventor of the diesel engine, designed it to run on vegetable and seed oils like hemp; he actually ran the thing on peanut oil for the 1900 World's Fair. Henry Ford used hemp to not only construct cars but also fuel them.

Did hemp become illegal in the US, this is the sisal kind that ropes are made from, because of the OIL INDUSTRY?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Hydrogen is dandy but it explodes real easy and is dangerous. Sure it's non toxic but it blows up. Also it takes almost more energy to make it than you end up with. Last, it explodes real easy....

Be careful dude.... Ever see or hear of a car battery blowing up? Hydrogen. Kabloowie.....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The Model 'T' was made of steel not hemp.

More BS from an expert pot smoker

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
everyone should study the manufacture and use of a Hho torch first, then you will know how to safely use hydrogen gas before moving on to larger projects. The key to all hydrogen gas usage and storage is (flash arrestors), without them the danger is real.

All pressurized gas is dangerous explosive or not

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

It actually was, and the oil industry is the reason for your prohibition of a harmless industrial plant.

greenlivingideas.com...

In fact, in 1941 Ford constructed a vehicle made from biodegradable cellulose fibers derived from hemp, sisal, and wheat straw. The car was even fueled by hemp ethanol. In 1925, Ford told the New York Times:

The fuel of the future is going to come from fruit like that sumach out by the road, or from apples, weeds, sawdust — almost anything. There is fuel in every bit of vegetable matter that can be fermented. There’s enough alcohol in one year’s yield of an acre of potatoes to drive the machinery necessary to cultivate the fields for a hundred years.

www.newsytype.com...

Motive Industries of Calgary, Alberta, has announced plans to introduce Canada’s first bio-composite electric car, reports Fast Company. Dubbed the Kestrel, the bio-composite in question is hemp. It’s a cannabis-constructed car......

Henry Ford knew about hemp fuel back in 1925

According to Hempcar.org, Henry Ford told the New York Times that “The fuel of the future is going to come from fruit like that sumach out by the road, or from apples, weeds, sawdust — almost anything,” he said. “There is fuel in every bit of vegetable matter that can be fermented.”

Among the weeds Ford recognized was hemp. He even went so far as to construct a car of resin-stiffened hemp fiber that ran on ethanol made from hemp. American farmers faced economic calamity during the ongoing recession, and Ford envisioned a movement toward “Farm Chemurgy” that would cultivate plant and vegetable material as vehicular fuel sources and body construction elements. It would benefit Ford tremendously and revive American agriculture. However, Congress eventually passed the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. Thanks in large part to the influence of the DuPont company and newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, cannabis was criminalized in America.

Ford Hemp Car

www.globalresearch.ca...

And to be fair I'll include this, and its quite a read, historically researched, and he quibbles because the resin, contained hemp, not all hemp, but possibly only a smaller amount.

theangryhistorian.blogspot.com...

I've used pdfit on that one. I will add this, you would only need 15-30% hemp, as the long fibres would add to the rest and strengthen you were using, so it would be a special addition.

And its much stronger than steel, his plant/hemp/resin car. Thats him, taking to an axe to it.

So its not exactly busted either.

One of the plastics developed by Ford chemists is a material composed of 70 per cent cellulose fiber and 30 per cent straw, 10 per cent hemp and 10 per cent ramie, the material used by ancient Egyptians to encase mummies.
The model displayed tonight [at the Detroit auto show] was powered with a 60-horsepower Ford V-8 engine. It was pointed out that the plastic material would absorb a blow ten times as great as steel without denting. Mr. Ford tested the pliability of the plastic panel by swinging on it with an axe. The panel was unchanged after the blow, but a similar experiment on a steel panel cut through the metal. ...Needed materials, he said, would include 100,000 bales of cotton, 500,000 bushels of wheat, 700,000 bushels of soy beans and 500,000 bushels of corn. "Plastic raw materials may cost a little more," he said, "but we anticipate a considerable saving as the result of fewer fabricating finishing operations."
-"Ford Shows Auto Built of Plastic - Strong Material Derived from Soy Beans, Wheat, Corn is used for Body and Fenders," New York Times, 14 August 1941.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
www.angelfire.com...

*Dewey & Merrill, Bulletin #404, United States Dept. of Agriculture, 1916.

Practical, inexpensive fire-resistant construction material, with excellent thermal and sound-insulating qualities, is made by heating and compressing plant fibers to creat strong construction paneling, replacing dry wall and plywood. William B. Conde of Conde's Redwood Lumber, Inc. near Eugene, Oregon, in conjunction with Washington State University (1991-1993), has demonstrated the superior strength, flexibility, and economy of hemp composite building materials compared to wood fiber, even as beams.

Isochanvre, a rediscovered French building material made from hemp hurds mixed with lime, actually petrifies into a mineral state and lasts for many centuries. Archeologists have found a bridge in the south of France, from the Merovingian period (500-751 A.D.), built with this process. (See Chenevotte habitat of Rene, France in Appendix I.)

Hemp has been used throughout history for carpet backing. Hemp fiber has potential in the manufacture of strong, rot resistant carpeting - eliminating the poisonous fumes of burning synthetic materials in a house or commercial fire, along with allergic reactions associated with new synthetic carpeting.

Plastic plumbing pipe (PVC pipes) can be manufactured using renewable hemp cellulose as the chemical feedstocks, replacing non-renewable coal or petroleum-based chemical feedstocks.

So we can envision a house of the future built, plumbed, painted and furnished with the world's number-one renewable resource - hemp.

www.hiddenmysteries.org...

"The timing gears, horn buttons, gearshift knobs, door handles and accelerator pedals were derived from soybeans. The tires were made from goldenrods bred by Ford’s close friend Thomas Edison. The gas tank contained a blend: about 85 percent gasoline and about 15 percent corn-derived ethanol."

To prove the vehicle’s superiority, Ford demonstrated the strength of the car body by smashing an ax against the trunk, only to have it bounce off. For some it remains a landmark event.....

"That’s one of my favorite pictures," says Richard Wool, who is at the vanguard of an emerging industry that’s rediscovering what Ford thought to be a better way of making cars. Following in Ford’s track, Wool is developing adhesive bioresins from soy oil at the University of Delaware.

"To Henry Ford," wrote Morris, "the vegetable car was the perfect vehicle for driving the American farmer out of a 20-year economic depression. But after World War II, the maturation of the petrochemical industry and the export-driven revival of American agriculture seemed to relegate the idea of a biological car to the dustbins of history. Fifty years later, at the twilight of the 20th century, Ford’s dreams are again attracting attention. Working independently, scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs are finding more and more ways to incorporate vegetable-derived products into your standard car."...

Ford's optimistic appraisal of cellulose and crop based ethyl alcohol fuel can be read in several ways. First, it can be seen as an oblique jab at a competitor. General Motors had come to considerable grief that summer of 1925 over another octane boosting fuel called tetra-ethyl lead, and government officials had been quietly in touch with Ford engineers about alternatives to leaded gasoline additives. Secondly, by 1925 the American farms that Ford loved were facing an economic crisis that would later intensify with the depression. Although the causes of the crisis were complex, one possible solution was seen in creating new markets for farm products. With Ford's financial and political backing, the idea of opening up industrial markets for farmers would be translated into a broad movement for scientific research in agriculture that would be labelled "Farm Chemurgy."

Why Henry's plans were delayed for more than a half century:

Ethanol has been known as a fuel for many decades. Indeed, when Henry Ford designed the Model T, it was his expectation that ethanol, made from renewable biological materials, would be a major automobile fuel. However, gasoline emerged as the dominant transportation fuel in the early twentieth century because of the ease of operation of gasoline engines with the materials then available for engine construction, a growing supply of cheaper petroleum from oil field discoveries, and intense lobbying by petroleum companies for the federal government to maintain steep alcohol taxes. Many bills proposing a National energy program that made use of Americas vast agricultural resources (for fuel production) were killed by smear campaigns launched by vested petroleum interests. One noteworthy claim put forth by petrol companies was that the U.S. government's plans "robbed taxpayers to make farmers rich".

The forced fork in the road that destroyed the world, caving into the oil companies. There was a moment when it could have gone ethanol, biofuel, green, and plant resin for nearly everything.

And to those who think it would be a huge tax on the resources of the world to convert to this, not a chance.

The real need would be to preserve farmland for feeding the world, and utlizing less desirable areas to bring to life with this.

However, HHO fuel, goes even further in that it spares, the farm land too.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I would totally disagree and suggest that while living near our work, home based even, is less stressful and preferred by some, there is No Reason For Anyone To Have Their Wings Clipped. We're not going backwards, we're going green. The Geet, which is not my preferred choice is proven to work and even by the French Governments own studies of emissions reduction and gas used.

But the others already done. The elecrolyte isn't worth the cost of gas, its nothing. Also, do you think that anyone would like the oil industry and to hand money over to these Sadistic Corporate Criminals if they could use their own nearly free energy via man different means, to produce their own gasoline. Electric works just fine for around town, at 50 km. But we need to switch to clean emissions the rest of the time, with hauling power.

Now, its overunity, but let me tell you this. The energy from the sun, wind and earth, not to mention other devices is very cheap, and doesnt require hydro dams, nuclear, coal, or fossil fuels, nor do we have to BUY it from someone. So we can make our fuel far cheaper.

But if it cost the same money, and I could stop supporting the Globalist Oil companies, I'd be very happy with that as well. Cost the same in, supplies to build the solar and wind, etc etc? If you just continue with the hydro

Telecommuting or living near one's workplace doesn't mean clipping wings. It means not wasting time and energy hauling two tons of vehicle to a jobsite.

I also note the old 'hemp' argument. This is transparent to everybody and amusing that the purveyors can't see that everyone knows what they are doing. They makes no argument for Camelina oil or algae and no argument for cellulosic ethanol. Hemp is the cure all and the US Government deprived the country of it. No one making the argument wants to smoke it, of course, they just want to save the world by going green and growing hemp for fiber to make clothes for the naked and rope for politicians necks. Cheech and Chong would approve.

"Going green" sounds great and is touted by many who have no clue about the technologies involved. Look at the total energy usage needed to produce solar cells, hybrid vehicles, and ethanol. Then consider the energy saved and calculate the payback times. Many of these technologies are mostly feel good. The only sure way to reduce energy use is to not use it.

As to the "low cost" of hydrogen by electrolysis, check the cost of a solar array that could make enough hydrogen to power a vehicle. Sunline Transportation had a solar powered electrolyzer making hydrogen in the company office for their fuel cell powered buses. That was for show. They had a tube trailer that provided the actual hydrogen to run the buses because solar arrays capable of generating sufficient H2 were prohibitively expensive and had a large footprint. The tube trailer hydrogen was the lowest cost hydrogen they could buy and it was from a methane reformer. Given the inefficiencies of energy conversion, you are much better off using solar electricity to charge batteries than making hydrogen or the hydrogen oxygen mix.

As I said previously, be careful with any significant volumes of gas that you generate. Do not try to compress it or store it unless you have the proper equipment and knowledge. Most home experimenters don't know what they don't know about hydrogen. The stoichiometric mix of H2 and O2, which is called 'Brown's gas' by some, should not be processed or stored in large volumes but used immediately. Even though you will only recover about 50% of the energy you put in to make it, you can recover that energy in milliseconds just when you don't want to, which can make for a bad day.

Play safe.

edit on 7/22/2011 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It actually was, and the oil industry is the reason for your prohibition of a harmless industrial plant.

No it wasn't, I've worked on T-model fords and they have a steel body and chassis. I don't doubt that Mr Ford may have used a cellulose resin and hemp to fabricate parts but it wasn't on the T model.

Just for the record, I've got nothing against pot smokers until they start using made up facts for propaganda purposes.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join