It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Make Hydrogen Fuel At Home!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've been very interested in hydrogen fuel, especially since the more exotic materials have been replaced by simpler ones, ie. readily available, and nontoxic, citric or baking soda can be used as an electrolyte.
And there are differences between using stainless steel mesh, to make the cells, or coils. I'm still searching for the coils.

Expert Village has a good series on this. I'm not 100% sure I got them all in order, but they all describe in short videos, good info, so it doesn't matter even.

One of my favorite workhorse, alternative energy guys is GREENPOWERSCIENCE, and they do wonderful videos.
Many green businesses, and neighborhood, back yard garage projects with teenagers, spreading the knowledge hands on, could be done off their videos. Excellent ones.

I've initially included both.

Hydrogen fuel can power vehicles, lawn mowers, fridges, barbecues, whole houses, crafts. Tesla coils, electro magnetic and overunity, based on how earth rotates is my #1 favorite, and this is the close second.

My sons and I are going to working on this shortly.

You can convert a mountain bike, and pull a load with a small trailer attached, very convenient.

First the GREENPOWERSCIENCE one. Next post the expert village series.

HYDROGEN GENERATOR DIY POWERFUL GAS ALTERNATIVE HHO WATER MAKE HYDROGEN
edit on 20-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

How to Make Hydrogen : Different Types of Containers for Making Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : All About the Tools for Making Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : More Ways to Assemble the Electrical Connections for Making Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : How to Assemble the Electrical Connections for Making Hydrogen: Part2

How to Make Hydrogen : Using Stainless Steel Arrays to Make Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : How to Assemble a Hydrolyzer to Make Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : How to Make Hydrogen: What is a Bubbler?

How to Make Hydrogen : How Water & Electrolytes are Used to Make Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : How to Make Hydrogen

How to Make Hydrogen : How to Light the Hydrogen

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How very informative, Thanks.

BWASP

edit on AMWed, 20 Jul 2011 11:09:41 -050041America/Chicago by Marlborough Red because: Typo

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thank you so much for this valuable information

i always wanted to make a hydrogen generator but i was afraid of blowing my self up because of its highly explosive characteristic

hopefully i can watch these videos learn to do it in a safe effective sustainable manner !

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

Well I started this thread based on researching posts for a new one, using aluminum to produce hydrogen. That got me researching.

Bob Lazar's video, about his hydgrogen system for his car, showed that the element used was used in thermal nuclear weapons, so classified though harmless, and so he had to build his own particle accelorator to create his own. He also said that one days funding for Iraq could ensure everyone had this.

But I recalled, Japan had been demonstrating mountain bikes with hydrogen fuel and the cute little bottles on the bike, also they'd demonstrating solid state holography, prior to their big "disaster".

So I knew this was solved already.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Its not dangerous, or relatively low. Gasoline, thats dangerous! You have to design it so the lid pops off with a valve. Hydrogen is nontoxic and making sure you used the nontoxic electrolytes in the purified or distilled water is also highly recommended. Lye for example is a good transmitter but if this breaks, you're hand will be eaten away.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hydrogen fuel can power vehicles, lawn mowers, fridges, barbecues, whole houses, crafts. Tesla coils, electro magnetic and overunity, based on how earth rotates is my #1 favorite, and this is the close second.

...so can the electricity used to make the hydrogen.

edit on 20-7-2011 by boncho because: Almost got me there with the overunity, ha

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have a custom built shop (LINK) and have messed with this on and off. You cannot liberate enough Hydrogen or oxygen to justify the energy in. This is not to say you will be unable, just to say that if you do, electrolysis by the standard method is too inefficient. Greater minds than us have tried and succeeded to some degree. We don't have access to the required materials. Unless you have money, Walmart and the hardware store will not be enough.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Lye for example is a good transmitter but if this breaks, you're hand will be eaten away.

Um, it would take a really concentrated level of NaOH to "eat" away someones hand. And there are ways to treat burns immediately should they occur.

Sounds like you've been watching too many movies.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

for a second I thought this post said how to make a hydrogen bomb I was like what the hell that's not good lol

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I left my job as a motor mechanic and went to university to study mechanical engineering because of a system like this.

Unfortunately, it is a fail as far as powering a vehicle is concerned.

The energy required to convert the water from a lower energy state(h2o to a higher energy state(h & o) makes the system energy intensive with little gain.

15 amps at 12 volts is a big drain on a system that would barely power a 15cc motor.

This is why car companies are researching hydrogen cells to power electric motors instead of powering internal combustion engines. Internal combustion engines are at best 45% efficient in a 2 stroke and usually ride around the 30% efficient mark in a four stroke engine. Take into account the loss due to heat and resistance in the wiring to power the electrolysis "splitter" and suddenly the hydrogen powered internal combustion engine begins to need more energy than its petroleum counterpart.

There is a plan floating around the internet for a system that is supposed to power cars based on this principle but I've never found anyone who had managed to get it to work. From memory the plans were put out by the lead singer(it might be the guitarist) of a popular 80's band called Rampage. - Its still online- here is a link to it

www.hasslberger.com...

I've showed the designs to many an engineer (one is my cousin who is an engineer for Nokia and is so far smarter than anyone I've met in my life that it isn't funny) and all of them could show mathematically(and explain exactly why) that it wouldn't work.

Its a pity that I didn't seek more learned opinions before I had accumulated the parts to build it as I would have saved myself a lot of money, time and effort.

Live and learn

edit on 20/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
www.doityourself.com...

They are often used in vehicles. Of course, the main problem is that hydrogen fuel cells can be expensive on the market, so if you have a lot of experience already working with electric devices and machines that use gases, then you may be interested in learning how to make one on your own. This article will address the wiring aspects of building a fuel cell, which is a surprisingly simple task that you can do in your own home with a minimum of materials.

creating hydogen_video5 (Stan Meyer)

[/yvid]qLAzrIO8zEA[/yvid]
Pulsing Hydrogen Fuel Cell while Charging Battery (OU)

pulsing coil 5 volt spikes, and getting spikes that are about 13-14 volts spikes and charging the battery, and getting production out of the hydrogen fuel cell.

Its an interesting video. I don't like the guys name: sirHOAX, so my question is, is he doing slight of hand, because it seems to work. He could just be being a cheeky brat with his name.

This would be worth trying. He describes a bit of his setup, but as one reply suggested, he'd like to know the coil setup.

Pulsing Hydrogen Fuel Cell - Resonant Charging Choke Concept

I don't see the point to the step up transformer, the coil/diode/capacitor combination should step voltage up if fed at its resonance frequency. Energy should keep flowing into the arrangement regardless of how small the peak voltage of the power source is in comparison to the water cell voltage
lvildos 2 years ago
There has to be a form of decoupling. The magnetic core of the transformer does this. It clearly will put out more energy than input by means of tracking frequency relative to input.
Its obvious if you start the cell cold with the step-up transformer in place. It pulls high amps, and low voltage. Once tuned, tracking, etc. The opposite happens. The transformer is needed. Once locked-on, resonance gets caught in the magnetic field of the xmfr+tube-cell. --S--
sirHOAX 2 years ago

I have no idea if these directly relate, but thought they could be included to give some basics, on coil winding.

How to Wind a Bifilar Coil

Trifilar Coil Jig

Building a Tri-Filar Coil for the Bedini Motor

Earth Battery

Earth Battery Motor Continuously Running

These earth batteries are added because experimenting with supplies, say in a roughing it kind of situation, may add to new uses, new solutions.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't know, but to me alternative currents are the most useful, ie. coils, which I found a few videos. You know that disclaimer, don't try this at home kids! Well we're going to try this at home!
I have a thread about earth spin in my signature by the way. However, earth batteries, stirling engines, ie. the first video in the OP was made by a company that demonstrates many alternative energies, from alternators in vehicles to parabolic dishes, to sterling engines, bicycle tire generators also come to mind. The point is, think Clean. And go for overunity. Earth does.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Lye for example is a good transmitter but if this breaks, you're hand will be eaten away.

Um, it would take a really concentrated level of NaOH to "eat" away someones hand. And there are ways to treat burns immediately should they occur.

Sounds like you've been watching too many movies.

That was just the expert village warning. I felt it might be good to add, as you don't want kids to try this at home and get hurt. That was the thought behind it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

www.youtube.com...

Lots of good ideas here.

On the side you'll see his solar stuff, including a solar foundry video for black smithing.

I really like this kind of thing too.

100 Watt STIRLING ENGINE ALPHA STIRLING idea High Torque DIY OFF THE SHELF STEAM

I think it could be very useful for a shop setup.

STIRLING ENGINE SOLAR POWER FRESNEL LENS

Not that I'm discounting the overunity ones I listed. Overunity, magnetic poles, proper coils, and magnets. Earth uses iron. I've meaning to study up on iron instead of their fancy rare earth kind.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Internet instructions on how to concentrate high levels of an explosive, odorless gas, using makeshift materials and instruments right in my own home kitchen?

I dont see what could possibly go wrong!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

for a second I thought this post said how to make a hydrogen bomb I was like what the hell that's not good lol

There are things that need thinking on. A friend, inside info, introduced an idea to me about tesla coils for example. The free energy electromagnetic devices are being withheld for reasons of greed. You can't really get this into street crminals hands and endanger an entire city.

But there are very dangerous weapons that can be developed and made small, useable for street warfare even, that can be very hazardous to regions. We have those weapons currently in the hands of Thugs as it is, corporate and black op kind. Some kind of planning would need to be used, if thats the case, for some of the technology, safeguards, etc.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Internet instructions on how to concentrate high levels of an explosive, odorless gas, using makeshift materials and instruments right in my own home kitchen?

I dont see what could possibly go wrong!

Watch the videos, its not done in a harmful manner. Just remember everytime you do anything, be it soap making with lye, dying fibres for crafts, chemicals for wood and metal working, welding, etc, you are taking risks, big ones, if you're not careful.

So far we have to be careful, from toddler stage up, or we can be injured. And learning how to do things carefully, safely is a life skill, I'd say.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here is a pick of the Sterling Engine that we made in 1st year mech eng. I was lucky enough to be the person in our team of 6 to get to keep it

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Very cool technology but it requires a lot of heat to get a very small amount of power.
edit on 20/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Look, so far I've encountered those who've found the energy input to make the fuel more costly, though overunity potential is here as well.

Basically, if you have to add a few low cost things, like a few barrels full of mineral rich soil, to make stacks of earth batteries on shelfs, add a stirling engine, parabolic/fresnel mirror for sunny days, and a few bicycle tire windmills or other designs, to run your shop, whats the problem?

Think no or low cost even if you're not striving for overunity.

As for the mechanics part, and whether to boost your fuel efficiency or alter motors, I want to learn the right motors to begin with to eliminate all oil products.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join