It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel e6750

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I guess maybe the title should be don't buy a custom build from somebody as dumb as yourself.Anyway again with a stupid question...I have a dp35dp mobo and e6750 duo core I bought off a friend in trouble,He had a 32 bit os(xp) installed and that is what I keep installing..at least until I discovered it is actually 64 bit.Through the em64t in the processor it runs on 32 bit but I would like to go to 64,well I installed xp 64,the computer runs faster but won't log on the web.All drivers installed except simple communications controller,normally a dial up modem.When I install 32 bit device manager says same thing until I install wmi..thing is it will log on whether or not WMI is installed...question is does 64 bit need it to log on or am I missing something other than my mind?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No. It does not need to log on. But it does sound like you need the correct driver for the modem. Being 64 bit XP might make it hard to find drivers. Better chance at finding a Vista 64bit or 7 64bit. What is the device model # of modem you have?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
dont be an idiot and use 64 bit, use 32, the performance gain will be unnoticable

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

I guess so,I understood there would be a notcable increase...and sorry,my wife says its too late,I'm already an idiot,lol
so 32 bit it is..one last question..what about 64 bit linux?
Also no modem...it always says "simple communications controller" when windows management interface isn't installed..I use lan....
edit on 20-7-2011 by gary714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if you are having issues with drivers for xp 64 bit, are you that knowledgable on what you will need for linux, id stick to what you know, everyone wants to mod their comp to make it out perform itself but keep it simple, just find an over clocking app and use that if you are looking for a lil extra performance.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well I've never had a problem with drivers using linux,Really I'm bored and this is how I keep entertained..ATS and my pos computer

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
stick to 32bit or update your os. Windows 7 is actually really good.
edit on 20-7-2011 by spiderbadarse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

yeah I really like 7,the problem is there are drivers for everything but the idt audio.If I knew I could make the audio work 7 would be in there now.I've looked around and cannot find a fix,if you have any suggestions it would be appreciated.Stuck in xp hell for now until I can afford to upgrade or can find a fix for the audio.And believe me,intel has been next to useless for support on this board,I guess I shouldn't complain,a year ago there were no drivers for 7 at all,maybe they will eventually update the audio drvers so I can install 7.And fyi vista drivers do not work...peace ya'll.
Oh yeah by the way whwre in tx are you?I'm in Odessa for one more year.
edit on 20-7-2011 by gary714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Buy a cheap sound card.'

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Windows ME is also really good

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i went ahead and put xp64 bit back in here...found all the correct drivers and the difference is unreal.It's like getting that new computer I can't afford.My problem is and always will be intel's support....thanks for the input...peace ya'll

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiderbadarse
Windows ME is also really good

Really? What planet are you from? ME was most likely the worst Windows OS ever, and is now obsolete, in that you can not longer get support or security updates for it. Windows XP is also coming to an end of service, announced my Microsoft. After that Windows users will be stuck with Vista and 7, and 7 doesn't have any dial up capabilities. Here in Southern Ohio we have a lot of dial up people, Time Warner refuses to run cable to the outlying areas. There is WIFI available, and some Satellite companies. I have had a lot of customers bring me new computers, Dells and E-Machines, and ask me to install XP or Vista. I have met only one who really likes 7.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Friend, Look for drivers no more. What you need is Device Doctor. Scans all hardware and downloads drivers, you just install them. Been using this program for several years now, and it works quite well. Some Dells have to have special Dell only drivers, I finally broke down and bought a Dell Driver CD for an outrageous price, it has all Dell Drivers on it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well may be but I broke down and bought a membership to Driverguide,made my life easier,I still can't believe how much faster my machine is...peace ya'll
edit on 22-7-2011 by gary714 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join