It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unprecedented 1 in 66 Americans is a diagnosed psychotic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

MY cheese never slips off the cracker!...

roflmao

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

LOL nice pic, but no. I pop the pills because I care about my family and don't want to put them through anything, ie acting upon fantasies that I used to think about and getting charged. Sorry I gotta go it is lightning pretty good outside and I don't want my system to fry, Need a surge protecter, Never mind that storm blew over quick

Peace, Nova

edit on 21-7-2011 by Novatrino because: I am not crazy man

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

got netflix?, check out this, it'll give more there some insight on things of these matters, its called: FOODMATTERS

interesting stuff

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All of this talk of evil pills, evil big pharma...

Thank God for big pharma! I am eternally grateful to them. I would have killed myself a LONG time ago without my Pristiq. They even gave me a discount card to use every month , WITH my insurance.

I tried therapy. I tried toughing it out. That doesn't cut it for me. A therapist can't help you of you dont know why you are miserable, you have no explanation but you want to end it to escape. I had no reason to be miserable but I was. There was nothing to talk about, I just needed a pill.

And now I take a 100 mg pill every day, experience no side effects other than feeling warmer than everyone else and minor withdrawals if I forget to take it (and I take the highest dose, too! Withdrawing from the drug if you forget to take it is not always as horrific as people would have you think!), and I lead a happy productive life now.

You hear all of these horror stories of how mental health medication messes you up worse, you have unbearable withdrawals if you try to quit, it makes your life hell...well this is my story and it had a happy ending.

Thank you, Wyeth pharmaceuticals! Drugs are not for everyone but clearly they can and do help some people tremendously! Please don't make broad generalizations. Like grouping all mental health medication together with ahtispychotics, saying they are all bad, etc.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

.............................. lame

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spencer1989
All of this talk of evil pills, evil big pharma...

Thank God for big pharma! I am eternally grateful to them. I would have killed myself a LONG time ago without my Pristiq. They even gave me a discount card to use every month , WITH my insurance.

I tried therapy. I tried toughing it out. That doesn't cut it for me. A therapist can't help you of you dont know why you are miserable, you have no explanation but you want to end it to escape. I had no reason to be miserable but I was. There was nothing to talk about, I just needed a pill.

And now I take a 100 mg pill every day, experience no side effects other than feeling warmer than everyone else and minor withdrawals if I forget to take it (and I take the highest dose, too! Withdrawing from the drug if you forget to take it is not always as horrific as people would have you think!), and I lead a happy productive life now.

You hear all of these horror stories of how mental health medication messes you up worse, you have unbearable withdrawals if you try to quit, it makes your life hell...well this is my story and it had a happy ending.

Thank you, Wyeth pharmaceuticals! Drugs are not for everyone but clearly they can and do help some people tremendously! Please don't make broad generalizations. Like grouping all mental health medication together with ahtispychotics, saying they are all bad, etc.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

That's good that it worked for you

Going off the deep end and not realizing why is a much worse fate.
I guess with any medication the caveat applies:
"Individual Results May Vary"

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

...hey, whaaa hah... somebody called you a troll... they must be from the land of REALLY TALL bridges if they think you'd fit under one...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by LargeFries

Actually I'm not against people taking medication to feel better. I'm against the pharmaceutical industry making obscene profits on peoples misery, their shady business practices and their influence in Washington thru bribery and corruption.

Thank you for responding. I too think it's greedy and somewhat immoral to make record profits on medications people need in their lives. It's reasonable for them to have their huge overhead covered and to make a nice little profit. It's like there is no 'line in the sand'.

Seems like we in the USA are blessed with many huge corporations that we pretty much have to have that post obscene profit year after year. The petroleum companies, banking industry, insurance too.

I wonder if this problem exists in foreign countries as well, or if those corporations give people a break in prices.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I personally feel the US would be a much better place if they just put it in the water instead of flouride. When SHTF then we will have to resort to growing st johns wort to function. I agree it is big Pharma but man without my happy pills I aint so happy. I am a stark raving hormonal crazy woman.

It is scary for me to think of going back to the self-medicating person I once was, doubly so if the street substances & huge amounts of alcohol are not readily available.

On the other hand, maybe it would be wonderful if we were cast back to a 1850's scenario. There would be days filled with chores: tending livestock, tending crops/gardens, making soap, making candles, building cabins, things like that. Good clean work in the fresh air, tire one out, burn up all the frustration and what-not.

If the planet was no longer being polluted it would slowly heal. I wonder if that would work for mankind, too.

It might be the first time in many years that a lot of Americans actually got a good nights sleep!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow
When I graduated high school I went to college far from home, didn't know anyone, and got really homesick. I was awfully depressed and couldn't even go to class. I went to the counselor and they referred me to a psychologist who thought i might be bipolar, so they put me on zyprexa which didnt make me feel any better and threw off my hormones so bad I had two menstrual cycles in a month and started lactating.

Then they put me on another drug that was strangely meant for people with seizures, along with abilify, and the drugs continued wreaking havoc on my hormones and making me feel ill so I quit cold turkey, and I have been much happier since then after moving home and getting a job and getting out of that toxic environment.

I am totally against using antidepressants these days and found that I could handle stress by talking things out with people I love and doing things i enjoy and find relaxing.

martianmallow this is a scenario I have heard about several times over the years. young college students often face many threats, temptations and situations they might not have encountered before. homesickness sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to experience.

it's a shame a doctor mis-diagnosed you like that. from what little i've read here & there it is not unusual for latent mental health issues to surface between the ages of 18 - 28, often triggered by pressure, loss of a loved one, trauma, etcetera. reading what you wrote it seems to me that doctor was too quick to jump to conclusion and reach for the prescription pad. there was alternative approaches the doctor could have you first pursue, like meeting with other freshmen experiencing the same feelings, exercise, making sure your dietary intake was proper, etcetera.

i'm really happy for you that you left school and went home where you are happy. i think you made you wise and mature decision by doing so. on the other hand, i'm sorry you missed out on the 'college experience' and that you did not get to take the courses of your interest.

what you wrote about talking things out with those you love, and doing things that you enjoy and that are relaxing, is some of the wisest things i've read in some time. it takes some people years and years to arrive at that conclusion. i'm very impressed by what you shared and i have no doubt you have many years of happiness ahead of you. bless your heart.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All this over medicating surely some of these cases are misdiagnosed. I do not take any meds at all unless I get a tooth pulled. One of my sisters however has a script for everything under the sun. I have noticed with many of the meds today you can't just stop taking them because they will make you sick or possibly kill you. WTF? Talk about job security for big pharma. There is only one substance I know that makes you sick if you stop taking it and that's heroin. Opiate of the masses anyone.

Anyone else wonder if maybe the DNA is trying out something new. We are the apex face it, if we did start to evolve in anyway it would be treated medically with pills or surgically corrected.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Only one in 66? Really?

Where I live, people tend to think all Americans are crazy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Only one in 66? Really?

Where I live, people tend to think all Americans are crazy.

Really ... I am curious ... what region of the country and/or what country do you live in?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
How many of the American's in the military abroad invading are psychotics?

So basically this study is confirming what other countries know from experience.

Psychopath's make good CEO's too
blogs.forbes.com...
edit on 23-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Ahhhh that picture is disturbing man lol

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The figures here in Canada are probably about the same, but there will never be any surveys allowed since most psychotics go on to becoming politicians!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Whaa dont worry about the millions of Americans who are eating anti depressants and other types of loco pills like candy.

Instead....you should worry about the millions of us psychos who are running around out there with no medication at all whatsoever

edit on 7/23/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Really ... I am curious ... what region of the country and/or what country do you live in?

The rest of the world is divided up between people who think Americans are crazy (loveably or otherwise) and those who think Americans are Satan. What does it matter where I live?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Jana12

The rest of the world is divided up between people who think Americans are crazy (loveably or otherwise) and those who think Americans are Satan. What does it matter where I live?

I was curious ... just asking, as per your statement ..."Where I live, people tend to think all Americans are crazy".

I was curious about the "I live" and the "ALL Americans" of your statement.

So, I asked what part of the country or what region of the world ... not the longitude/latitude or exact town.

As a US citizen, I'm well aware that a good part of the world despises the USA.

IMO, the US is 'a sociopathic society/country', the pathological term I've attached to many Americans, and the USA in general ... not all, but so much greed and many have an overall sense of entitlement, which is narcissistic and sociopathic (or psychopathic) all rolled up into one.

The top layers, the upper-crust elitists and most of their puppet politicians, and the like, have a form of mental illness and it seems to permeate the rest of the country like a cancer. It's almost as if they are possessed by some sort of Demons ... not an excuse for the lack of sound leadership, but, nevertheless, a reason. When I look into the eyes of many of these dysfunctional people, I see pure evil and greed, NOT strong, confident leadership along with empathy, knowledge and wisdom.

When 9/11 happened I read reports/posts from people from other countries, mostly war-torn countries (thanks to the US), whose position at that point was, "Now you know what it's like to be attacked". Their attitude (rightfully so) was .. ' they (the US) don't care about anyone but themselves, now they want us to care about them'. There's something narcissistic about a country that cares only about themselves.

IMO, I think there's something pathological about America's leadership and overall demeanor. But, as you implied, not every American is horrid, crazy or has some sort of pathology AND every country has it's fair share of pathological people, some may have more/less than others. There are some damn good people here in US ... although, there are those times I think the bad outnumbers the good .... and well, power is in numbers -- strength is in numbers.

That's my 2 cents ... anyway, thanks for replying ... no need to reply to this.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

edit on 24-7-2011 by Jana12 because: typo

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

ha ha ha thats some funny #!

(oops, sorry, i'm american, didnt mean it, i'll try not to let it happen again)

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join