It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unprecedented 1 in 66 Americans is a diagnosed psychotic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Still what we choose to do with our lives afterwards how to harness that pent-up energy that is the real key...

I was married to two Vietnam vets, not at the same time,
But I know far to well how difficult it was to be a young twenty year old wife with no clue why her husband came home so different.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I know you were kidding, on the other hand, I suffered for years with panic disorder and it went undiagnosed for years, I finally read a new paper article and diagnosed it myself, then I finally got the correct help.

The longer it goes untreated the less chances you have a living a normal life, it feeds on itself.

you may not know this about me but almost eight years ago, my oldest son was murdered.... poor little guy took a point blank shotgun blast to his chest, died in my arms...

Oh I was a real mess that first year... didn't talk to anyone outside my immediate family...
what did the doctors do for me pumped me full those antidepressants anti anxiety drugs... no0t to mention sleeping pills that only succeeded in making the nightmares all the more vivid.... between you and me they did me a disservice... I would have been better off if they just let me grieve without the pharmaceuticals...
edit on 20-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: fixing my horrible spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The military was good to me during my discharge, and I have been well compensated for my trouble. I have a full retirement, among other benefits. The inconsistencies I found are in the post-military treatment. One example is how I went to a VA shrink for 3 years, and expressed how my behavior was causing marital strife at home. The day I went to see him with news of my impending divorce, his response was that he "didn't know it was that bad". The positive of that is now I have a much hotter wife who cooks better.

VA Vocational rehabilitation is another sore spot for me. They sent me to a university for a couple of years, and were paying for everything. At some point however, they decided that my condition prevented me from achieving the goal they set for me. I had a 3.8 GPA. I don't know what the problem was.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
Watch what happens when these people are unable to obtain their meds..

3 days later, complete anarchy.

They ( TPTB) already have it worked out. Its just a matter of when.

it's not even just limited to anti-psychotics. i injured myself at work, i was prescribed a interesting "muscle relaxant" as per normal there were quite a few possible sideffects-may cause drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, headache, seizures, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, constipation, confusion, respiratory depression, inability to sleep, and increased urinary frequency or urinary retention. nice trade off for pain, some of these seem like they would be worse.
rather freaked me out as i (like i know do with ANY new med they want to give me) looked it up. and THAT'S NOT even THE SCARY stuff. if you think that stuff could be bad, even worse is when stop taking it. Abrupt discontinuation may cause seizures and hallucinations. high fever, rebound spasticity, muscle rigidity, and rhabdomyolysis (muscle breakdown) that can progress to failure of several organs, including the kidney, and even death. nice way to insure you stay "HOOKED" isn't it?

so we can see that if the SHTF, not only will people on so called anti-psychotics, likely go berserk, but people on many OTHER meds may as well. people who EXCEPT for the meds they are on wouldn't have a problem.

the realy SICK thing is , is that THERE IS a natural (non-pharmaceutical tampered with), med that is out there among us that not only is a good muscle relaxant AND "pain-killer" (among many other medicinal uses). while it does have some side effects, they do not seem near as severe as for what actually gets prescribed. but big phama would NOT MAKE MONEY off of as they can't "pattent" it. so there fore they paint it as a DANGEROUS substance and go out of their way to insure it stays off the market, by having their people constantly demonize and report on how bad it is. also using their "bought" political power to insure that it stays illegal.

even tho i am sure many have guessed what the second "drug" is i purposely left out what the drugs are to try to keep the water from becoming too muddy. the point is THAT drug seems to be safer than what actualy gets handed out. but because there is no profit in it big phama (who pretty much control the FDA not the other way around in medical matters), makes sure to keep it from general use.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I am so sorry Daddy

I would have been better off if they just let me grieve without the pharmaceuticals...

I agree we need to allow ourselves to feel and it is a process,

My trigger was my moms death, that triggered the panic.

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That's a nearly unimaginable trauma that you have suffered. There's no doubt about why you went into a cacoon. For what it's worth, I'm sorry that this happened to your son. I imagine that even now it is difficult for you.

I agree with how you say the meds tend to make the problems worse or create new ones. Without pills, I believe I would never sleep, but I do not take sleeping pills. I am partial to the "zepam" class.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You just now realized this? Or should I say they just realized this? LOL.

I knew this when I was a kneehigh to a grasshopper, a lot of adults are just plain corrupted, dysfuctional, and downright psychotic, any child knows that. However I am not in that 1 in 66. I hope not anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

I know what you mean, they always tried the latest pharmaceutical on me, that messed me up even worse and made the panic attacks worse, I felt like I was trippin all the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Oh I was a real mess that first year... didn't talk to anyone outside my immediate family... what did the doctors do for me pumped me full those antidepressants anti anxiety drugs... no0t to mention sleeping pills that only succeeded in making the nightmares all the more vivid.... between you and me they did me a disservice... I would have been better off if they just let me grieve without the pharmaceuticals...

OMG, Daddybare, I'm so sorry to hear that about your son.

You are right about being diagnosed these medications during grieving. People are much better off working through the grief without prescriptions. The prescriptions do nothing but mask the pain.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I dont need a report to tell me that people are slowing drifting into the abyss. All you have to do, to see how Ku-koo people are, is check out Facebook home page. If, some of the things people say, doesn't make you scratch your head and say, WTF?; nothing will. This is why i deleted ALL my photos, comments, posts, videos, etc. I don't want to be associated with people that are going LOCO!

Funny thing is, yesterday, i was thinking...could the craziness on FB be used against people, to make a case against their sanity? Watch out for the subpoenas.

What i also noticed on FB is all the similar comments. For example, if someone posted something about 'praying for them'...their friends usually posts the same comment: "Prayers coming your way". I mean, what is THAT all about? Have people forgotten how to speak, out of the box are do they all say..."Polly want a cracka"?

I have to admit...writing here, on ATS makes me feel like i'm a little loony, at times. Sometimes i wonder, what the heck am i doing? No one cares about your thoughts. Nevertheless....... At this point, i'd rather post on ATS; as compared to Facebook! But, that's what happens, when you sell your great idea to corporations.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Snoop Dogg said it right, "smoke weeeeeeed eeevery day"

second line

edit---

nah but for real, I'm in a real decline right now actually as we speak.
In the last 2 and a half months I've lost over 35lbs, barely get any sleep anymore and my mind is just a general mess, scattered trying to connect dots... weeding through the thoughts trying to connect to a god? perhaps... idk but I've abstained from marijuana consumption during this time period.
I'm just a casual, not a heavy, smoker of herb but my mother was diagnosed with cancer 2 and a half months ago and everything has just been super crazy ever since and she's in the middle of chemo treatment right now and it's just killing me inside watching her suffer and then myself actually knowing the reality of this facade of hospitals. Instead of suits, the corporate pitchmen now wear "scrubs".

I've chosen to shy away from taking in herb just because I know it effects perception of time and right now I NEED all the time I can get with my mother because they said if the chemo doesn't work she won't be around for Christmas...

This was my trigger. I'm just 21 and I know the realities very well of the nefarious world we actually live in and how it balances precariously.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Snoop Dogg said it right, "smoke weeeeeeed eeevery day"

Have fun with that. I found it offers no relief. Actually, for me, it removed my inhibitions and let my crazy roll right on out.

I am sorry for your mothers condition, and do hope that you are able to have some quality time with here. Cancer treatment is a harsh experience. Sometimes the prognosis is good. I hope (as I never pray) that your mother is able to survive this, and have many years ahead to share with you.
edit on 20-7-2011 by tamusan because: edited to match Nastradamus' edit

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

That "crazy" has to go somewhere... it's either constructive, or destructive; period.
It's not wise to block out these thoughts, you're having them for a reason. It's your own responsibility to find the root of these thoughts or let them manifest overtime into something MUCH worse.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

My pent up craziness is not a wild and fun crazy. It is a general hatred for most anyone. I spend a lot of time meditating and keeping these internal forces in check. It must work, because most people I deal with now always say I am so nice.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't need an excuse to go crazy...
Just a few seconds of no one watching me....

SO if you see this crazy old guy running naked through the parking lot with an umbrella...

come on life's to damn depressing not to go crazy once in a while... it's good for the soul

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

SO if you see this crazy old guy running naked through the parking lot with an umbrella...

I'm placing a set of clothes in my back pack now, just in case that day comes.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I agreed with you to an extent until you said most of society's members are psychopaths. This is far from the truth. Most people are sycophants and a bit sociopathic, but this is due to various external influences, and not actual neurobiology...they have the capacity for an intact conscience.

...its a hotly debated topic, even among credentialed experts in the field...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No, it's not.

I challenge you to offer any evidence that any professional thinks along these lines.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
didn't there used to be an old saying 1 in 4 people are crazy, look at all your friends, are they normal? then you're it!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

No, it's not.

I challenge you to offer any evidence that any professional thinks along these lines.

...cant accept the reality that some people have opinions contrary to your own?... well, gosh, thats a serious problem you got there... might even be a psychopathic tendency...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join