It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, You Want to Know Why We Have No Money for Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I did a quick search to see if this was already posted, I was surprised nothing came up.

I came across this article today dealing with how defense funds are appropriated - its an excellent insight into where your money is going America. If you want to do something to help your county dealing with this might be a start.

I strongly urge everyone to follow the links below and read about where a good portion of your $649 billion dollars in Defense Appropriations is going. I also urge you to take special notice of the wording "Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs," and ask yourself why these programs are under the Department of Defense. I didn't direct my Congressional representative to give the DOD money to do medical research, did you?
Link

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Yeah... Kinda creepy, even.

I didn't tell MY congress critter to spend money on "defense" (aggressive invasion and take-over) either - let alone "medical research."

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No I didnt consent to this either....
but really fries my chickens is the so called "black budget". I just want to know why kabillions of dollars go to that and how about sharing a little of it with all americans.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Don't you guys have an option of saying where your money goes? I vaguely remember reading something about on here before but I can't for the life of me find the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Social security is a tax. It is not a guarantee.

www.abovetopsecret.com... (please don't revive thread)

As far as defense spending, no I didn't give them permission either but we should all know by now that Congress does what it wants because they know Americans will reelect them.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol

Don't you guys have an option of saying where your money goes? I vaguely remember reading something about on here before but I can't for the life of me find the OP.

Not the *I* know of. They strip Us of money and spend it as They see fit.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm going to see can I find where I read that before. I remember there's a document you can get at your local government offices that says where you approve your tax revenues to go. I've been looking for 2 hours now :/

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I still remember the days of people making fun of Al Gore for using the word "lockbox" in association with social security. The budget surplus was used instead for tax cuts and rebates to "create jobs".

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah, it's just a little bit ridiculous that they would take the money submitted by taxpayers, intended to fund a social safety net for seniors, use it for anything other than it's intended purpose, then cut the benefits of retired seniors in order to make up for the shortfall.

I wonder how well that would work if I opened an insurance company, collected great sums of money paid in by policy holders, spent the money on crap I wanted, and then told the policy holders that I could only pay a portion of their claims because there wasn't enough money left to honor our original contract. Almost sounds like embezzlement to me.

I think it's a little late for a "lockbox" mentality with respect to Social Security funds. At this point in time, I think a better solution may be a "lockup" of congressional members and their lobbyist friends who orchestrated the robbery in the first place. I wonder if the retirement plan for railroad workers, (who are exempted from Social Security taxes) is in the same shape as our S.S. funds.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Yeah, it's just a little bit ridiculous that they would take the money submitted by taxpayers, intended to fund a social safety net for seniors, use it for anything other than it's intended purpose, then cut the benefits of retired seniors in order to make up for the shortfall.

I wonder how well that would work if I opened an insurance company, collected great sums of money paid in by policy holders, spent the money on crap I wanted, and then told the policy holders that I could only pay a portion of their claims because there wasn't enough money left to honor our original contract. Almost sounds like embezzlement to me.

I think it's a little late for a "lockbox" mentality with respect to Social Security funds. At this point in time, I think a better solution may be a "lockup" of congressional members and their lobbyist friends who orchestrated the robbery in the first place. I wonder if the retirement plan for railroad workers, (who are exempted from Social Security taxes) is in the same shape as our S.S. funds.

You make some good points. Especially the lockup, heh.
As for insurance, they have, indeed done just that. I remember after hurricane Andrew, a lot of insurance companies, smaller ones, chose to go bankrupt and refused to pay a dime back because the demand for payouts exceeded their assets. all insurance is, is a company betting you'll never need to be paid and determining the risk to that bet. Of course, they have their men making the laws so if you want a car, house, etc. You're forced to take their bet, rather than just gambling with your own money.
Railroad pensions...I'll just use the example of my grandfather lifelong engineer, lifelong republican. Until Reagan that is. According to him, and this is right after he retired, Reagan and congress raided the railroad pension fund. I have yet to look it up, but I can ask my uncle, cousins, and my brother what the state of affairs is and get back with you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I would like to know what your grandfather has to say. I remember that all the railroad workers that I ever knew bragged to me about the fact that they had something different and better than Social Security but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that their plans have also been robbed.

This robbery thing is beginning to look like the modus operandi of the republican/tea party as well. Now that they drove our national deficit through the ceiling with tax cuts and unfunded wars, they want to eliminate our social safety net and vote to default on our debt instead of restoring those tax rates to a sustainable level. These people are nothing more than thieves in politicians clothing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How kind of Uncle Scam

First they expect you to survive somehow while disabled on less than $1,000 mo.
Then they say they can't afford to give you that but need the money for war toys.
Well how about blowing me up so I don't slowly starve to death?
Is that too much too ask?
Just one hellfire missile, I ain't asking for much.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I came across this article today dealing with how defense funds are appropriated - its an excellent insight into where your money is going America. If you want to do something to help your county dealing with this might be a start.

...you seem to be under the false impression that usofa citizens have a say-so in how taxpayer money is allocated... well, you're not alone... tons of usofa citizens believe the same thing...

...we ALWAYS have enough money to kill people here and abroad, even when propaganda is being pushed that we're about to go broke or we're already there...

...btw, do you believe you have a say-so in how your country allocates taxes?... if so, i bet you're mistaken...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Question: those of you that have J.O.B.s...did you sign a W4 form? Well, that was your o.k. to take your money and spend it, as 'they' see fit. It ALL revolves around that J.O.B., you're desperately holding on to! Not sure why people are so SURPRISED at how it works? Who do you think pays to feed our military men and women? Who do you think PAYS their checks? You do...through your taxes! 40% of your taxes (if not more) goes to the military industrial complex. Trust me when i tell you....the people in our armed forces are living FAR better than you. Those that are single...get free room, 3 Vegas style meals daily, great medical/dental, clothes and dirt cheap prices, at the store. They work Mon-Fri 9-5 weekends and holidays off, and they get vacation time.

When you go on a military base, they have EVERYTHING us civilians have, but better.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm going to see can I find where I read that before. I remember there's a document you can get at your local government offices that says where you approve your tax revenues to go. I've been looking for 2 hours now :/

I note You say You're from Ireland... Is this something the Irish have? Or were You thinking of the US of A? I have paid taxes and looked into tax "law" and have never seen where the Citizens of the US have any option whatsoever.

If You do find something, that would be both a pleasant surprise and very appreciated.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i am sick of the anti defense threads i read around on here

there is no money for social security,medicaid and medicare oh and by the way unlike defense they are not guaranteed by the us constitution.

government subsidies from agriculture to hud and a myraid of ther programs.

over 100 million people in this country are on the government dime

half of this country pays for the other half and the solution to create more programs and put more people on them when you cant already afford the programs that you just had to have.

the money has to come from somewhere and they just keep adding more.

every government fund has been raided robbing peter to pay paul because the government and the people have no common sense.

people need to get it through their thick heads that the government is not responsible for paying everything from loans to schools to homes from cradle to grave.

edit on 20-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do not forget the Rockefellers OWN the Pharmaceutical/Medical industry and DOD is just making donations.

My mother was horribly burned during the late 60's in "Medical Experiments" with radiation although they called it a "mistake" No wonder the other Doctors called the guy "The Butcher" He stated he was writing a "report" on my mother's Cancer case, little did we know. (And yes the bast... used test till DEAD!!!!)

...* Exposing almost 200 cancer patients to high levels of radiation from cesium and cobalt. The AEC finally stopped this experiment in 1974.... www.whale.to...

It would seem all "Auschwitz" did was go underground.

...In the early half of the 20th century, petrochemical giants organized a coup on the medical research facilities, hospitals and universities. The Rockefeller family sponsored research and donated sums to universities and medical schools which had drug based research. They further extended this policy to foreign universities and medical schools where research was drug based through their "International Education Board". Establishments and research which were were not drug based were refused funding and soon dissolved in favor of the lucrative pharmaceutical industry. In 1939 a "Drug Trust" alliance was formed by the Rockefeller empire and the German chemical company IG Farben (Bayer). After World War Two, IG Farben was dismantled but later emerged as separate corporations within the alliance.....

Auschwitz was the largest mass extermination factory in human history. However, few people are aware that Auschwitz was a 100% subsidiary of IG Farben.....

Thousands of prisoners died during human experiments, drug and vaccine testing....

After WWII, IG Farben attempted to shake its abominable image through corporate restructuring and renaming. So great has been their success that the public has no idea that it many of the men responsible for such atrocities, were able to carry on their work even after the collapse of the Nazi regime. Namely, a medical paradigm that relies almost exclusively highly toxic drugs. Such men were in control of the large chemical and pharmaceutical companies, both well before and after Hitler. The Nuremberg Tribunal convicted 24 IG Farben board members and executives on the basis of mass murder, slavery and other crimes. Incredibly, most of them had been released by 1951 and continued to consult with German corporations. The Nuremberg Tribunal dissolved IG Farben into Bayer, Hoechst and BASF, each company 20 times as large as IG Farben in 1944. For almost three decades after WWII, BASF, Bayer and Hoechst (Aventis) filled their highest position, chairman of the board, with former members of the Nazi regime. Bayer has been sued by survivors of medical experiments....
www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Question: those of you that have J.O.B.s...did you sign a W4 form? Well, that was your o.k. to take your money and spend it, as 'they' see fit. It ALL revolves around that J.O.B., you're desperately holding on to! Not sure why people are so SURPRISED at how it works? Who do you think pays to feed our military men and women? Who do you think PAYS their checks? You do...through your taxes! 40% of your taxes (if not more) goes to the military industrial complex. Trust me when i tell you....the people in our armed forces are living FAR better than you. Those that are single...get free room, 3 Vegas style meals daily, great medical/dental, clothes and dirt cheap prices, at the store. They work Mon-Fri 9-5 weekends and holidays off, and they get vacation time.

When you go on a military base, they have EVERYTHING us civilians have, but better.

try telling my son that....
he just got out of the navy....let's see....free room, um , ya, shared with a bunch of other sailors, plus marines lounging all around while out on deployment for six or so months. vegas style means...lol.....ummm....umm....
clothes???? sorry, they have to pay for their uniforms, and guess what, if they happen to get promoted, or a medal, well, they have to buy the stripes and medals even.
you must be describing the lifesyle of the brass....

oh, and by the way, my son's last deployment was also the ships last one...it was decommed, they got sick of towing the thing home!!!
where is the money that is going into the defense budget going to?? I mean our men in Iraq was scrounging around for scrap metal to armor their vehicles. their guns had a tendancy of locking up if I remember right. my son's ship was scheduled to be docommed a few years back but was still going till this year! many of the military families are living on food stamps. the troops aren't getting but a small fraction of all that money...
it's going to bigger and better toys, regardless of weather the troops would find them that much more helpful, but the brass thing that they are nice to have...or someone's cousin's girlfriend's sister's husband, owns the company getting the contract!

edit on 20-7-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I wonder if the retirement plan for railroad workers, (who are exempted from Social Security taxes) is in the same shape as our S.S. funds.

Yes it is. It is listed as a "Federal Debt" along with SS and a lot of other things.

This lists the "information on agency securities and on investments of Federal Government accounts in Federal securities" in table form. TABLE FD-3. lists the Government Account Series in millions of dollars for 2010

TABLE FD-3
Airport and Airway Trust Fund ........................... 7,045
Deposit Insurance Fund .....................................37,441
Employees Life Insurance Fund ......................... 37,605
Exchange Stabili-zation Fund ............................ 20,436
Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund...... 187,222
Federal employees retirement funds................. 785,988
Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund ............ 279,475
Federal Housing Administration ......................... 4,194
Fed.Old-Age & Survivors Ins. Trust Fund... 2,399,111
Fed. Savings & Loan Corp., Resolution Fund.......... 3,388
Fed. Supplementary Medical Ins. Trust Fund........ 70,982
Highway Trust Fund ......................................... 24,455
National Service Life Insurance Fund .................... 8,161
Postal Service Fund ............................................ 1,142
Railroad Retirement Account .................................. 506
Unemployment Trust Fund ................................. 18,703
Other ............................................................. 759,426

(reorganized to fit vertical instead of horizontal cv)
www.fms.treas.gov...

Look like they raided every piggy bank in sight and then spent it all!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.
[color=#FFFFFF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join