It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Month Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Cochlear Implant Being Activated.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+98 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Haha, thats just awesome. His reaction once the implant was activated is just priceless.

I'm glad we've advanced in this type of medical science.

Hope it brightens up your day as it did mine.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Awww. Absolutely amazing. There's nothing that can put a bigger smile on your face than..

Yep. A little guy smilin' like that!

Great post, OP. Thank you for sharing. Now if only we could aim all technological advancement in the direction of things such as this. Heart warming.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing - An escape from a world of silence - beautiful - there is nothing more uplifting than a baby's smile. S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I award this the awww of the day! Thanks for the video.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

This kind of thing has two effects on me:

1. Pure joy. For obvious reasons
)

2. Pure rage.

To echo your sentiments man, why in the name of god are we (as humans) putting the majority of our time, genius, money and energy in crap military research, death etc-instead of working on things for the betterment of the world and its inhabitants?

Q. I mean, imagine you invent something that will help millions of people on a profound scale-how would YOU feel?
A. Pretty good I would imagine! Making a difference!

Q. Imagine you invent something will be used to kill countless people (bombs, drones, chemichal weapons etc)-how would you feel?
A. I know how I would feel!

Maybe Im being too simplistic but the I think the rationale is good?
This video illustrates that there is some good in the world and that shows us where our focus should be!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Awww I'm fillin' up *sniffle*

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Stories like this should be in the news but why aren't they ?

Oh that's right the media companies are too busy scaremongering all of us with doom and gloom.

Here in the UK its more and yet more of the phone hacking scandal that the average joe blogs is fed up with.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That's wonderful. It bought a tear to me eye!

Thank you!

IRM

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Truly awesome vid
thanks for sharing,that made my day,the look on the little fellas priceless

nice change from doom and gloom

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thank's for the reply's (Minus Scoriada's reply) everyone.

And I agree aswell. Any change from the doom and gloom is always good, and needed at times.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A smile and a tear, thank you!

A star and a flag!

News is good! Good news is better!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That was absolutely priceless. That child's face when he heard sound said it all. Pure joy!

It is good to see that our advancing technology is still being used for the good of humanity and the world. We need to see more of this kind of result in the world in general.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
When you see an amazing video like this it is hard to believe that there is some staunch opposition against Cochlear implants among some within the deaf community. Two sides to every story I guess. I think this is amazing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thank you so much, Oozii, for sharing such an uplifting, heart-warming video. I am basically against pharmaceutical companies and the un-natural, synthetic "stuff" in those pills. I am however amazed at real, true, humanity-benefiting advances in other medical fields...like the "spray skin gun" for burns that heals severe burns in about 4 days or so. Laser technology is awesome, as well.
I guess I wish Big Pharm would give up on the "medicine" and invest their money in other medical technology. They'd still be making big bucks, but it would be a boon to society, rather than a detriment...sigh...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My mom is 85 years old and has a cochlear. I will show this to her, thanks for the great post.This just touched my heart and made me remember the day my dad called after my mom was implanted and she could hear the rain falling.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Cool video *SMILES adds some happiness just seeing the baby smile since it can hear now. You can tell he has been studying the mouth language for sometime trying to understand and when he hears the sound from the ladies voice and makes the connection you see it all in his face.

edit on 7/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That is adorable. Yeah, Cochlear implants have always been a really cool thing.

Hey, Id probably smile like that to, if I was hearing for the first time.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Haha, so cute! Adorable little tyke.
And by the time he hits his teens, the tech will be so advanced that he'll hopefully have regular hearing.

Thanks for posting, starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I cried...my grandmother was deaf. She went deaf at 26 after a bout of the mumps. When she was dying, she told me the saddest part of her life was never hearing her grandchildren's voices. There were nine of us. OP, you made my day.

Even with all the crap coming down the pipe, things like this still give me a little hope.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join