It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drone shot down over Iran nuke site earlier today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by nightstalker78

It is kinda true though, of the thirteen posts you've made, 3 have been criticizing members.

Just saying.

Common people. Stop the whining. Lets focus on the OP.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
good lets hope they sell the wreckage to the chinesse for back engineering... america has been in a perpetual state of war for 50 years. The sooner the chinesee emerge as a balancing superpower the better...

Caveat Emptor

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
They had every right to shoot it down. We have no right to violate Irans airspace because it's time to pull our people out of the middle east and solve our problems at home.

Then how do you feel about satellites, when they are over one country's particular airspace, is it then okay for said country to shoot it down? Some satellites are precise within inches.

I'm not knocking your opinion but I noticed I felt the same as you, at first until I thought about satellites, and then thought about the high altitudes that those new spy planes fly at. Where do you stop considering it that particular country's airspace?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The US will never attack. Iran, like many other nations, will strike back with nukes. This is a top secret, don't tell anybody.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

How much does the drone cost

Im not 100% sure because we dont know what type of drone it was yet, but here's a few wiki articles about 2 different types of drones.

General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper

Unit cost US$10.5 million (with sensors)

General Atomics MQ-1 Predator

Unit cost ~ $4.5 million

Whatever drone it was, I would say it costed somewhere in the couple of millions.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Caveat Emptor

I didnt know what that meant.. I had to google it....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We do not want China to be the dominant world power - look at how they treat their own people, do you want to be treated like that?

But I have found a couple twitter accounts that back up OP's claim.

twitter.com...#!/Reuters
twitter.com...#!/BreakingNews/status/143334807269683201

It was on Reuters homepage, but got taken down.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While this doesn't look very good on our part, I am all for keeping tabs on Iran, whether it be via drone or satellite! Iran is obviously on to us, as they likely have been awaiting such a drone. This will likely come to a head one way or another. I see a military air strike in the near future on their Nuclear facilities, and for good reason. Iran's president is nearly as bad if not worse than Saddam in Iraq. Just my opinion, but I would rather our military pull out of the middle east and get things fixed back in the states first.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Its unlikely to be either of those penetrating Iranian airspace.

I'd guess it would be this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So Iran is planning a response to this drone? Is this more of Iran trying to talk the big talk, or are they actually being serious?

'Iran military shoots down US Drone'

"The Iranian military's response to the American spy drone's violation of our airspace will not be limited to Iran's borders any more," Iran's Arabic language Al Alam television quoted the military source as saying, without giving details.

edit on 4-12-2011 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join