It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drone shot down over Iran nuke site earlier today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
hamsayeh.net...

Hamsayeh.Net - Iranian air-defense units today brought down a highly sophisticated US spy drone in central parts near one of Iran’s newly constructed nuclear enrichment plants.

Iranian website Javanonline.ir quoted MP Ali Aqazadeh Dafsari as saying the country’s defense units shot down a US spy plane flying over Qom Province in central Iran.

“An unmanned U.S. spy plane that was flying over the province of Qom, near the Fordo nuclear facility, was brought down by the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps’ air defense units.” Dafsari told reporters.

Another one of our drones shot down by Iran? I think the last time one of our drones was shot down over in Iran, was a few months ago, and the Iranians showed the wreckage to some Russian scientists.

Plus, Iran just installed some supersonic centrifuges for their nuclear reactor a few days ago.

I looked for a news site that's not from Iran that's reporting this story, and there are actually a few.

www.brandonsun.com... ts=y

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's Revolutionary Guard shot down an unmanned U.S. spy plane that was trying to gather information on an underground uranium enrichment site, a state-owned news site said Wednesday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A U.S. drone was shot down while flying over a nuclear facility in Iran, according to reports in the Iranian media

The US media sources are saying they dont know when the drone was brought down, but the first article in this post says it was brought down today. Which one to believe?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Imagine the uproar if a Russian or Iranian spy plane was shot down over the U.S. ????

Being caught spying is never a good thing.... (unless you wanted to make someone aware that you are watching of course)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I like the Russian scientists, just adding even more to it. If Iran had a drones over the US, I wonder what would happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I did a little searching and found a few articles about Iran letting the Russians come in and take a look at our downed drones.

www.news.com.au...

IRAN has shown Russia US drones it shot down over the Gulf, Revolutionary Guards aerospace commander Brigadier General Amir Ali Hadjizadeh was quoted as saying

"Russian experts requested to see these drones and they looked at both the downed drones and the models made by the Guards through reverse engineering," the official IRNA news agency quoted Hadjizadeh as saying.

The above article came out on June 28th.

I also found this article interesting.

Russia Sought Israeli Drone Technology to Stop Iran Arms Deal, Leak Shows

Russia told Israel it would cancel the sale of anti-aircraft missiles to Iran in return for access to advanced Israeli drone technology, according to a U.S. diplomatic cable provided to Le Monde by WikiLeaks.org.

Israel declined to provide Russia with its latest unmanned aircraft, saying it was concerned the technology would end up in Chinese hands, Gilad said, according to Le Monde. Russia in September canceled an $800 million contract to supply an S-300 air-defense battery to Iran after the United Nations Security Council imposed new sanctions against the Persian Gulf nation

Concrened about the technology would end up in Chinese hands? Well, I guess they problably have the tech now (not sure if Israel and US use the same drones). I guess the Russians really want drone tech.

Edit - The Russia/Israel meeting was back in 2009
edit on 20-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
that's your source? Wow. I thought people here were more intelligent..I was wrong ...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
that's your source? Wow. I thought people here were more intelligent..I was wrong ...

Have you seen the OTHER sources that have been added OR did you BOTHER to check yourself??

No?? So I guess you are one of the unintelligent ones you speak of..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You do know there is more than 1 source in my OP? Ill list them again

www.brandonsun.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

checked myself thanks. have you checked? obviously,you havent.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
just solidifies what we already know. they have the the area mapped for an aerial bombardment and this drone was probably on surveillance to watch for SAM site movements.

or something cool like that. you know. either way this doesn't bode well with Iran and certainly not it's allies who will be sure to enhance their own countries' ground & radar surveillance as well as more suspicion that the US is up to the same old.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

checked myself thanks. have you checked? obviously,you havent.

I think you should try adding to the debate rather than talking BS..

There are other sources listed unless your vision is impaired and I didn't need to check because I saw them posted.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I stand corrected,I apologize op,I jumped to conclusions....I admit when I'm wrong

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by buni11687

I stand corrected,I apologize op,I jumped to conclusions....I admit when I'm wrong

Who cares that you are wrong?

It's a new member like yourself basically calling others stupid that's gonna peev them off...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
new member blah blah blah....just because I'm new has nothing to do with it...
edit on 20-7-2011 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I stand corrected,I apologize op,I jumped to conclusions

Its cool.

Ive made the same mistakes before in the past.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It is kinda true though, of the thirteen posts you've made, 3 have been criticizing members.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I apologize, but can we get back to the matter at hand? Which is actually discussing the topic, not bashing each other?

Thanks

This is rather interesting, I wonder what will happen next, Iran has been collecting its balls recently and is starting to stop taking crap! Given its recent victory against some Kurds.

Jamie.
edit on 20-7-2011 by pandapowerjamie because: typo

edit on 20-7-2011 by pandapowerjamie because: another typo, I should really triple check this!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

they have the the area mapped for an aerial bombardment and this drone was probably on surveillance to watch for SAM site movements.

That SAM movement part slipped my mind earlier.

The msnbc article was saying the drone was gathering information about the nuclear facility, but the article kind of left a wide range of possibilities....(What kind of information)

Dafsari told Fars that the drone was trying to gather information about the nuclear facility for the CIA.

Then in the brandonsun article in the OP it says this

Long kept secret, the Fordo site is built next to a military complex to protect it in case of attack. Iran only acknowledged Fordo's existence after Western intelligence agencies identified it in September 2009. The facility is reportedly located 295 feet (90 metres) underneath a mountain.

Response time survellience, accuracy of anti-air weapons, mapping of strategic targets at the military base, GIS data collection?.....Im not sure which one the drone was doing this time.....maybe all of the above?

Edit - I put GIS data collection since the complex in underneath a mountain

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
How much does the drone cost? And Obamas asking for my money from his taxpayers. Hmmmm.... Suspect.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
good lets hope they sell the wreckage to the chinesse for back engineering... america has been in a perpetual state of war for 50 years. The sooner the chinesee emerge as a balancing superpower the better...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
They had every right to shoot it down. We have no right to violate Irans airspace because it's time to pull our people out of the middle east and solve our problems at home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join