It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird remains of unidentified creature found in uk beach

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by forevertruepatriot
Its a frill shark. dsc.discovery.com...

That seems very plausible and I've learned a new Shark today. Star for you.

Guessing it's come up through the Gulf stream from the Caribbean then.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
BHAHAHAH London Zoo marine life expert?!?! i think he is exaggerating his qualifications if he thinks that's a whale. I wonder if he even looked at it, Im no expert but id bet my life that isn't a whale. Plum Island anyone?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It looks like an old fish body butted up against the skull of something and the tail of something. I think its two creatures laid side by side

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What an amazing looking creature..........!! That possibly would 'fit' the remains on the beach ....

I have to say that if I was swimming off the UK coast (which i do sometimes as well as surf) then I would certainly NOT be happy if that was swimming with me !!

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to some information about Frill Sharks.........

www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk...

Apparently normally live at depths of 2000 ft or more...... more like a prehistoric fish, one was filmed off the coast of Japan in 2007......

www.youtube.com...

The remains on the beach look like quite a large one of these... what's it doing up in the UK ????

PDUK

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
looks like a water dragon to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Very interesting, and several folks have said it's a "Frilled Shark". If you google that, you may agree.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

WARNING: Thesun.co.uk

Did they have any marine biologists take a look before writing their article? Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

My vote is on the Frill Shark.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think the pictures show the underside of an orca skull,
img818.imageshack.us...
It looks very similar, obviously the remains are badly decomposed, but the outline is there.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

very nice find.. i think your spot on..

i never even knew that creature exsisted..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It looks to me like a species left over from prehistoric times....one that survived.....so...was that the last one? I wonder.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's obviously a sea monster...duh.

Really the frill shark looks very similar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
just looks like a dolphin to me :S

upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 20-7-2011 by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

WARNING: Thesun.co.uk

Did they have any marine biologists take a look before writing their article? Doubt it.

look.. we have already established the article is from the sun and we have already discussed the issue of it being from the sun.. the fact is they did report on a unidentified creature that washed up on the beach..

now we have one of 2 scenarios here, they either genuinely had no clue what it was.. or they knew exactly what it was and it was a slow news day, so they run the story and picture.. claiming a weird sea monster was found on beach in the uk.

when i stumbled across the story, the creature looked bizarre to me.. and there was no explanation for it. i wondered what the hell it was, so posted it here and within a few hours we had a perfectly reasonable explanation as to what it could be.. although i have to add, we cannot be 100% certain without scientific tests.. etc but it seems to fit with the creature in the picture.

now, whichever scenario you buy into, the fact is we got one over on the sun..

also i can only see positives from this thread.. a few people have learnt of a new creature, they wasnt aware of before, living in our oceans.. myself included.. and we got we got one over on the sun in the process, i can see no reason to bring negatives to this thread.

so once again the sun running the story is a non issue.. can we just drop it now..

well done all the posters who contributed, especially one who came up with the likely candidate..

this is exactly why i love this site!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Hahahahhahahaaaaa Brilliant!

On another note... There have been quite a few "carcasses" washing up on beaches recently. A warning perhaps?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
how big do we think this thing is because frill sharks only grow to 2m/ 6.6ft. I think this is bigger, I'm going with the whale verdict

edit: article sais 30ft...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Looks like the remains of an oarfish...

www.thejump.net...
strangeworldofmystery.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's a GMO, LOL? Yay evolution. Sorry guys I don't buy it, but would see it more as a defect.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Looks like the remains of an oarfish...

www.thejump.net...
strangeworldofmystery.blogspot.com...

Seems to be too short for an Oarfish imho. Not that I've even seen one their carcases (nor can I find one on google) but they're normally a lot longer than that and probably don't have cartilage just bone, or a skull that size. They could though turn up anywhere and any size, so I wouldn't write it off completely. Just there are more likely candidates.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join