It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I felt a "shift" today. Did you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ummm...not sure where to put this one lol. Maybe here, because it is based in a personal experience.

Today I felt a kind of "shift." I can't explain it in terms of "energy" or anything really tangible -- it was like, one minute everything was one way, and another moment, things were completely different. There was no sense of transition or "something occurring": It just suddenly was one way, then another. Like a quantum state change.

So what is this "way"? I experienced it as a change in human consciousness with a specifically sociopolitical cast. I experienced it as something taking place in the mass mind of society. And it was very specific, actually: what changed was perception.

It wasn't *me* who experienced this change...I just happened to notice it. Rather, it was a change in the "mass consciousness." something fell away is I suppose how I would describe it. See, in the mass consciousness there are all these ideas..."If I get rich people will like me"..."I'm afraid of how fragile my body is"...these kinds of energies hover within the mass consciousness. Yet sometimes a certain energy or idea is there one moment...and suddenly it isn't there.

The specific thing I felt leaving the mass consciousness was the expectation of normlacy. I guess I would describe it that way: The comfort of "things being as they always are" and the old assumptions about what you can expect out of life. Something fell away from the mass consciousness like an iceberg calving off a glacial shelf...and it was a kind of confidence in what people thought of as "normal" until, say, a year or two ago when the economic crisis set in.

It was like one veil of the illusion fell away, not for me but for everyone. Somehow, going forth from now, people will be less likely to rely on an expectation of "normlacy." This is a very heathy thing for the mass consciousness - a definite step forward!

Did anyone else feel it?

Love,

Partygirl

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c12e7b13aee5.png[/atsimg]
edit on 6-6-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Nope, didn't feel it.

For the record, I still think if I get rich, people will like my money.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
No nothing at all normal day.. i dont even understand what ur getting at but ok i guess

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiscal
Nope, didn't feel it.

For the record, I still think if I get rich, people will like my money.

That idea is not the one that fell away today. I was just using it as a common example of the kinds of ideas that are in the mass consciousness.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
No, I didn't feel it.

And your signature says "advocate of worldwide government by the youth". Which means you advocate the world should be run by immature, hormone-crazed, inexperienced people. GREAT.

The last "shift" I felt was when I turned 30 and realized how immature I had been through most of my teens and 20s, but I didn't realize it. I realized then how "undercooked" my personality had been, how much more settled I had become in my 30s.

So I see your post and I think you are in that group of still not mature or experienced people. It doesn't mean that you aren't smart or capable or able to contribute - but it does mean you shouldn't really be in charge of anything yet.

It also means that someday you're going to reread posts like this one and wonder what the heck you were thinking. Trust me.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

That damn HAARP is at it again! Everyone put on your tin foil hats and run for the hills!!!!!

That, or you felt what is commonly known as "buyer's fever"!

edit on 20-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
No, I didn't feel it.

And your signature says "advocate of worldwide government by the youth". Which means you advocate the world should be run by immature, hormone-crazed, inexperienced people. GREAT.

The last "shift" I felt was when I turned 30 and realized how immature I had been through most of my teens and 20s, but I didn't realize it. I realized then how "undercooked" my personality had been, how much more settled I had become in my 30s.

So I see your post and I think you are in that group of still not mature or experienced people. It doesn't mean that you aren't smart or capable or able to contribute - but it does mean you shouldn't really be in charge of anything yet.

It also means that someday you're going to reread posts like this one and wonder what the heck you were thinking. Trust me.
dont be so harsh
nice opinions ^5 yeah trust ppl u dont know :/
edit on 20-7-2011 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

In my head it was more of a gentle rebuke, meant to point out how these things appear to a slightly older person. It wasn't meant harshly - but these things don't always translate well in the written word.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

No i didnt feel any shift of consciousness or anything, but i am expecting one!
S&F for the awesome waterfall.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

No, I didn't feel it.

Not all youths are immature, hormone-crazed people.......
edit on 20/7/11 by DesertedIsland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
maybe you got a flash of whats to come.

all i can see is the old ways seem to have taken a tighter grip on people. maybe this has to happen first. i am thinking we are coming pretty close to complete self destruction. it will be a close thing if we get through this. although i guess thats how we like to do it. I know part of my nature is to leave things to the very last moment.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Supposedly TPTB have the ability to collapse timelines to avoid undesirable outcomes. Maybe you felt this?
edit on 20-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Uh something like this would be all over the place, everyone would be talking about it, and it would likely come up in videos that were being filmed at the time...so no a shift didnt happen

also what does this have to do with Greys?
edit on 20-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I dunno........felt one the day before.........

Go figure............just saying............I dunno.....................

But I'm just gonna roll with it. Pun not intended, but not discounted, either.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
There has been a significant shift in perception that has been growing for at least the last several months. These shifts usually start with particular groups of people based on what data they are exposed to and then expand outward to include more of the population. It could be that today was the day that this shift in perception reached you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesertedIsland

No, I didn't feel it.

Not all youths are immature, hormone-crazed people.......
edit on 20/7/11 by DesertedIsland because: (no reason given)

Absolutely correct that not all are. However, there are rules and there are exceptions to rules. My belief is that your argument falls on the side of the exception and not the rule. And I'm still in what I would consider the 'youth' demographic--at least by cable television standards of 18-34.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not to offend any of the anons that replied above me, but you are all coming off as seriously offended, obviously confused, and in more than one case, I would go so far as to classify you all as warriors of a cause. It was obvious that you seemed confused by what partygirl said, yet not one of investigated deeper into the catalyst of her [presumably] said "quantum state change". Please refrain from posting in matters of which you have no interest and/ or have nothing to add to the conversation. This thread has at this point been derailed.

I will now bring the train back on track;
Partygirl;
I believe from what you describe as a quote: "change in human consciousness" is just in fact that, a change in human consciousness. It is not within the collective human knowledge and recorded history to say that Man (homo-sapian) does not undergo cycles of consciousness. There is evidence world-wide that a repetitive event changes the course of mankind every [certain period of time]. This neural event is similar to Earth's reversal of poles, and may occur for the same reason, with the shift of the mind being much more complex.

In such a shift of "perception", we see that the human conscious, ie the person, would begin to doubt what he/she believes in, questioning every aspect of life, and in the case of recent events, rebel against the very establishment in which they provide for. Examples of similar shifts include the hot Arab-Spring [revolutions of Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Jordan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Sudan, Israel, Kuwait, and Morocco] the slightly milder Euro-Summer [demonstrations/ protests in Italy, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Britain, America]. These nations are standing up to the NWO before it even has a chance to begin. They are the shift in mass conscious. They do not buy into the mass ideology of the capitalism, and globalism recently imposed on them by dictatorial regimes. They see what it creates.

They see what is happening, how the ruling elite [corporations, banks, governments] exploits their lives and land in order to make a profit. It is called greed and it is one of the seven deadly sins.

Although many are revolting for different results, they are all revolting against the same ideology.

Would you describe you such shift as a reversal of ideas/concerns? Have you begun to feel indifferent to something you once valued? Have you realized the importance of something that you once felt indifferent too, distracted from?

Partygirl, does this sound like anything you would describe as a part of your experience?

Or did I just crash this train off a cliff?
[ls]

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriciusCaesar

I don't think getting invovled in a rabble to overthrow an oppressor has anything whatsoever to do with a shift or jump in human conciousness.

We're probably gonna see a lot more of this soon and thats when it gets dangerous. This is where we will probably have the oppurtunity to destroy ourselves.

A shift in conciousness may prevent this from happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

However strange it sounds even for myself to acknowledge this: I had a similar feeling, yes.
Some seven hours before you posted this thread, give or take an hour (yesterday night, from my geographical point of view).
Rather subtle, and not as a unique experience - I've had similar ones before. If it wasn't for your thread, I wouldn't have thought about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

When I started to read this I got chills.

I had this strange thing happen yesterday and I can't explain it. I was in the kitchen making dinner and something just felt off. It felt like everything around me changed. It felt like time around me stopped and it really freaked me out for a minute. I have never had that feeling before. It was like the world paused for a moment around me and changed and I was aware or something. I dont know if that explains it properly since it's kind of hard to put into words.

I have had other weird experiences that are similar but nothing like this..

Glad to see I am not the only one who experienced some kind of occurrence.

Hope this makes sense....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join