It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin/Levy/Honda/2005YU55/Earth/Moon - unbelievable orbit animation (all together) (HD)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here is video of 3D orbit simulator of future event for Elenin/Levy/Honda/2005YU55/Earth/Moon ..

So nice video end extra presentation ..

But AC/DC is rocking I must share this ..

“Jul 31 – Aug 12 Behind: Spacecraft rolls to observe comet Elenin”

spaceobs.org...

Let's ro00l, Enjoy ..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
cant wait for the SOHO footage of Elenin!!

Hope it will get quiet close

why it can be a show??

here we go..enjoy XD

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
Here is video of 3D orbit simulator of future event for Elenin/Levy/Honda/2005YU55/Earth/Moon ..

Wow, theres so much scaremongeringly wrong astronomically speaking that I dont know where to start.
So I wont.
You lot can put a paper bag over your head if you think it will help.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
2005 YU55 is 400 meters in diameter ..
The closest approach to Earth 0.00217 AU on 2011 November 8 at 23:28
Moon will be closest 0.00160 AU November 9 at 07:13 UT.

"However, this will be the closest approach to date by an object this large that we know about in advance and an event of this type will not happen again until 2028 when asteroid (153814) 2001 WN5 will pass to within 0.6 lunar distances. "

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Animation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b1352b9a0b8.png[/atsimg]

Peace ..
edit on 20-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What you think, any possibility to Earth gravity draw 2005YU55 closer to Moon ..

I think yes but how mach, maybe some 5% maximum ?

Good day to all ..

New picture of Elenin ..

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Absolutely impressive video!

Too much traffic up there!

Hope that "the playes" remain inside their respective orbits, otherwise, we are really on "The Highway to Hell"!.
S&F. Thanks for sharing.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The gravity of Earth and Moon (and indeed, every other planet in the Solar System) has already been accounted for in the orbit computation.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
pretty cool viddy...

Are these vids only provided by the ones we love to want to love? Or is this confirmed through other indy viewers ya think?

Questions!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Apophis Doom 2036 Michio Kaku Part 1
Very interesting interview ..
"Impact cannot be dismissed" Michio Kaku say

"Michio Kaku talked about various science and space issues. He discussed concerns by Russian scientists that the asteroid Apophis could smash into Earth in 2036. While NASA has said the chances of this happening are just one in a quarter million, he noted that we'll be able to make a more accurate assessment of its potential collision during its first pass of Earth in 2029. Though Apophis is only a couple football fields wide, it's large enough to take out a country the size of Germany or France, as meteorites would land in all directions during an impact, he warned."

Michio Kaku Pt 2

Michio Kaku Pt 3

White House construction invisible to the public

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

2005 YU55 is 400 meters in diameter ..
The closest approach to Earth 0.00217 AU on 2011 November 8 at 23:28

Interesting time.

st.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

99942 Apophis
Dimensions ~270 m[2]
"After the Minor Planet Center confirmed the June discovery of Apophis, an April 13, 2029 close approach was flagged by NASA's automatic Sentry system and NEODyS"
"On that date, it will become as bright as magnitude 3.4[9] (visible to the naked eye from rural as well as darker suburban areas, visible with binoculars from most locations[12])."

"Apophis will pass within 0.09666 AU (14.4 million km,8.9 million mi.) of the Earth in 2013 allowing astronomers to refine the trajectory for future close passes."

"On Friday, April 13, 2029, Apophis will pass Earth within the orbits of geosynchronous communication satellites.[13] It will return for another close Earth approach in 2036.
The 2029 pass will actually be much closer than the first predictions, but the uncertainty is such that an impact is ruled out. Similarly, the pass on April 13, 2036, carries little risk of an impact."

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3569dd614866.png[/atsimg]
en.wikipedia.org...:Apophis_pass.svg

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Wow, theres so much scaremongeringly wrong astronomically speaking that I dont know where to start.
So I wont.

Yu55 is labeled a “potentially hazardous asteroid” by the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass.

They are fear mongering too, yes?

Anything that passes within the moon's orbit has an exponential capacity for hitting earth. All it takes is one nudge . . . perhaps from a debris trail left behind by a certain heavenly body passing by a week or two earlier.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
End of the Earth (The Universe 1) part 9 of 60
Thanks to "DaddyBare for this very good video-episodes from HubbleEyes's Channel ..

"The Universe (season 1) - History Channel. A look at end of the world scenarios involving killer asteroid or comet impact events, solar flare and gamma-ray bursts, and the plans that scientists have to potentially save the Earth from an interstellar disaster."

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Awesome vid, awesome music. S&F

Suddenly feel like playin a game of pool.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Awesome video. 3D is much easier to understand than 2D. Easy to get worked up over a comet crossing our path when the every day graphs provided show everyone one one linear plane instead of the way orbits really are - multiple angles. Awesome. Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yu55 is labeled a “potentially hazardous asteroid” by the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass.

No, they are doing their job. They are making objective information available to scientists and policy makers. This information is freely available to the public. Only people who do not understand the information find grounds to panic. On the other hand, posting a video on YouTube aimed specifically at the gullible in order to induce fear is fear-mongering.

Anything that passes within the moon's orbit has an exponential capacity for hitting earth. All it takes is one nudge . . . perhaps from a debris trail left behind by a certain heavenly body passing by a week or two earlier.

First, let's take a look at how "crowded" things really are up there. At its closest, 2005 YU55 will pass within 0.00217 AU of the Earth. One Astronomical Unit is the distance from the Earth to the Sun, 149,597,870.7 kilometers. 0.00217 AU = 324,627.4 kilometers. Let's express this in a form we can relate to more easily. If you maintain a steady walking pace of 5 kilometers per hour, it would take you 64,925.5 hours to walk that distance. That's 2,705 days or roughly seven and a half years, non-stop. If you only walk for eight hours a day, it's more like 22 1/2 years. I don't know about you, but walking 22 1/2 years in order to reach something doesn't strike me as being very "close." In this heat I can barely psyche myself up to walk to the corner deli!

Changing the orbital inclination of a body in space requires more than a "nudge." A simple change of velocity can change the orbit's eccentricity, but the orbital inclination is another matter. Think of the orbit as a spinning bicycle wheel. If you try to change the spinning wheel's angle, it will fight you. (This is how gyroscopes work, but I digress.)

Finally, as to the "debris trail" of comets... it is composed of dust and ionized gas in an extremely rarified state. Collectively, it has very little mass. You can begin to learn more about comets here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Better still, go to your local public library and browse the stacks. You can probably find a book written ages ago that cannot possibly have been filled with "disinformation" by NASA.
edit on 20-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

edit on 20-7-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Forgive me in advance for my ignorance on the matter. But I thought that the faster the rate of speed the less of an adjustment necessary to change trajectory? Walking at 5km is one thing but traveling 1000's km per hour seems to be another. Like I said, I am not too versed in this subject.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by alfa1

So I wont.

No, they're simply saying it's a potential hazard. That's a little different to screaming 'hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, this sucka gon' kill errrrbody' at the top of their collective lungs which, as you have to admit, is pretty much the premise of all these sorts of videos and there's no shortage of doomtard Chicken Littles ready to believe every little morsel, right down to the last letter.

Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

The faster the rate of speed, the higher a body's momentum, thus the harder it is to deflect. If someone throws a ball at you slowly, it is easy to swat away from you. If they throw it harder, it's harder to deflect. It is very hard to deflect something moving very fast, like a bullet. I don't recommend the experiment!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks for the explanation. My next question would be that although deflection is more difficult, if it did occur wouldn't the deflection be greater at a higher rate of speed? Kind of like a homer off a 90mph fastball is harder to connect than an 80 mph ball but the travel is quicker and usually farther. Thanks for any insight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join