It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Holy crap, I just got a major feeling of deja vu when i was looking the part where it has "sightings". Either way, i guess i can rule out sleep for the time being. Darn, i was really looking forward to taking a nap but it's kinda hard to fall asleep after looking at THAT.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You know, thinking about this I think this is just some college students doing a social experiment for a Master's Degree thesis.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I noticed on the Q&A

"Has any one on formspring correctly guess what this is about?"

"Yes."

This was a week ago, so the answer is on the site assumingly in the Q and A.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Originally posted by violet
stomped by 18000

18000 Troops?

I think you are on to something here. They use the numbers 18,000 24,000 68,000 and 175,000.

Here's a possible connection:

US to Deploy 18,000 Troops to Afghanistan

President Obama announced in March that he would be sending 21,000 additional troops to Afghanistan.

The president has added close to 68,000 troops in the last year, since he came into office

As of March 31, 2010, the United States deployed 175,000 troops

I'm not sure how this connects with Belle, the numbers just seemed very familiar to me.
edit on 20-7-2011 by tsawyer2 because: added content.

I forgot to add the 36,000 number they use also:

36,000 troops set to deploy in 2011, permanent war on the horizon?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

"Umbrella Man" umbrella :

[Mr. WITT. . . . It had something to do with . . . when the senior Mr. Kennedy was Ambassador to England, and the Prime Minister [Neville Chamberlain], some activity they had had in appeasing Hitler. The umbrella that the Prime Minister of England came back with got to be a symbol in some manner with the British people. By association, it got transferred ot the Kennedy family, and, as I understood, it was a sore spot with the Kennedy family, like I said, in coffee break conversations someone had mentioned, I think it is one of the towns in Arizona, it is Tucson or Phoenix, that someone had been out at the airport or some place where some members of the Kennedy family came through and they were rather irritated by the fact that they were brandishing the umbrellas. This is how the idea sort of got stuck in my mind. . . . This was in a conversation somewhere at work. I wish that I could remember now who brought the subject up and put this idea in my head. I am sure that I would have taken that umbrella and clouted him over the head somewhere in this last 2 or 3 weeks.]

SOURCE: www.jfk-online.com...

edit on 20-7-2011 by Placater because: Added content.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Placater because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by Placater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It has been repeated several times, when asked if it was about "bringing something down", that it was more about a retraction. I am wondering if that is to mean "to take back" or "to take away".

Also, am I the only one who can see eerie similarities between the original photo and the actress?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Alright guys ... i just got caught up on this thread ... I'm a few hours behind but this seems to be shaping up to either be the genius work of some college kids as was pointed out or there is a seriously ominous event unfolding .... but we will get to the bottom of it regardless ... has anyone scanned the formspring Q&A page for the answer ... if it's posted?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I started to and got 3 weeks in but was about to go bonkers from the vagueness of everything.
2nd

edit on 20-7-2011 by Zippidee because: sp

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Threads like this one just confuse the heck out of me.......Not gonna lie, I'm feeling a little tarded right now....haha....I wish I had the gift where I can look at pictures like that and decode the message....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
I noticed on the Q&A

"Has any one on formspring correctly guess what this is about?"

"Yes."

This was a week ago, so the answer is on the site assumingly in the Q and A.

Just going through, I came up with some possible results:

Q
o you think people will react negatively to 8•3•11 or will it benefit us ?
A:We expect the reaction to be mixed.
Q:this is a neo internet terrorist group?, if the answer is yes. i want to join.if the asnwer is no. i have the premonition, that something bad will happed to me the 8-3-11
A: We are not a terrorist organization.
Q:this program is an invention of marketing?
A:We've said this before and we're sure we'll have to say it again. We are not marketing a movie, book, game, magazine, multimedia experience, roller coaster, grocery store, or anything else you could possibly spend your money on. We are not in this for profit of any kind.

Q:Are you planning on bringing something down?
A: It's more of a retraction.
Q: Would you consider yourself a corporation, an association, or an organization?
A:We're more of a group at this point.
Q: If I said you're group was based on freedom, would I be wrong?
A: No.

Q: What do you think of this? www.alien-earth.org.../29/11
A: He sounds like he needs to get back to his foil hat collection.
Q: Is this page associated with the apocalypse?
A: No.
Q (translated): How can you ensure that no one in any danger if the end of the world is a possibility?
A:We can assure that nobody is in danger from us. Like everything else in this dangerous world, make a ☂.

Q: Does the timing of this have anything to do with how society currently is?
A: Somewhat.
Q: Is this a political gimmick to spread one sided thinking?
A: It's just the opposite.
Q: I'm asking a previous question more clearly. Will any lives (willingy or unwillingy) end during this event?
A: Like we've said before, nobody is in any danger.

I agree with the theory that it's for a college thesis or something.
edit on 20-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Looks to me like a rave invite. Back when I was in high school, some of the kids would make websites like these, put posters all over town. 8311 is most likely an address in whatever city these posters are hanging up. They usually mean nothing at all, and unless you already know about the party, then the website and posters mean nothing. Teenagers mostly the "gothic" or "mod" kids think this is cool.
I may be wrong, but the whole thing looks pretty similar.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I just went through weeks of formspring Q & A, and yes, the answers are vague, sometimes humorous.

Very cool mystery, I'll be back to check progress later. Puzzling, eh?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Guys, you all know this is an ARG, right? I've been a member at Unfiction for quite some time, and joined up in many ARG's.. This is just a typical one, so there is really no conspiracy here.

Why am I saying this? Well, I kinda hate that Unfiction forum gets invaded by ATS'ers sometimes that think they've stumbled upon something real. It's just a trailhead, one that has been spread intentionally to people who are involved with ARG's and regulary play them.

If this already has been posted, just ignore my post. Otherwise, read it and look into what an ARG is.

A game-leader will ALWAYS deny that is has anything to do with an ARG or anything else whatsoever. That is how it works!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

yeah I read through it twice though - just because someone asked the question there, doesn't mean they actually answered it

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One of the things said a few times by this group and one poster is:

"Sorry Mate... Until next time, Remember to check For cars when crossing the Street."

If you google that search term, the first hit is for the formspring thread, however, the next three are for articles on the website wearesocial.net:

Asymmetric Sharing: Circles in Google+

Earth Hour 2011: Help spread the word

We Are Social’s Monday Mashup #74

I can't seem to find that text on the website pages or in the source code. I must be overlooking it. Any ideas if there is a connection with wearesocial.net?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zyril
Guys, you all know this is an ARG, right? I've been a member at Unfiction for quite some time, and joined up in many ARG's.. This is just a typical one, so there is really no conspiracy here.

that actually makes sense to me....
darnit!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
seems like they're saying they are going to do something, it's related to electricity and speaking or free speech or babbling, the stone hits the glass house, which is perhaps a computer or many computers. it's a response to people speaking/babbling. the girl was depicted like a psycho harlot, so i'm guessing they are saying the attack will be against babylon. the computers being attacked will be in babylon perhaps. since many people want to believe the usa is babylon, it might be against people in the usa. since it's depicting a triggered switch, they may be intimating the internet kill switch.

that's my guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Man! Now I'm hooked. Guess I'd better go get some Redbull.

Did anybody see on Formspring when they answered this?? WTH?
☼▲

Also with this??
8(alt+32)(alt+7)(alt+32)3(alt+32)(alt+7)(alt+32)11

I know from them so far that:
8/15 is Jake's birthday
The like the constellation Cassiopeia
The use the Gregorian calendar
They are not terrorists
They have a female member and a member in South Africa
Oh yeah and they don't drink coffee or smoke

OK, someone figure this out....LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I bet its the date for WWIII, especially with iran in the last few days.......seems like a plausible idea. I dont know really though, just spiting ideas. Printed out the 8-3-11 paper at work (bear in mind im in the military) and no one seems to have any idea what its all about.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
august third is ssi pay date.
could the sound be altered,
but really be hiding something?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join