It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

Now, see you're being too literal again. I didn't say it "represented" a clock. Just that it simply fit "over" one.The other points would be maybe 10-5-1.

But I have to admit it's the "tone" of your responses that get under my skin. So I'm just gonna keep my theories/ideas to myself from here on out as I see the kind of responses I can expect now.

I'll be honest your misinterpretation of what I'm saying and then having the gall to say that I'm throwing logic "off a cliff" is just being a lil' snippy.

Please just ignore me if you don't agree with me or can't dismiss my thoughts without passive aggressive connotations.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

[img] justin_snacks by JustinSee, on Flickr[/img]

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Im done. God Bless. Peace be with you...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

In my initial response, I was merely correcting what I saw as an error. I did not intend for it to be in any way offensive. Then your response post came, and was pretty rude...so...I felt the need to inform you that the numbers absolutely COULD NOT be as they are on a clock. My rudeness was in response to yours.

But if it was merely being corrected that offended you...then I apologize. By all means, you and everyone else should share whatever hunches you have about the game.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is a riot.
human gnome? lol
Q: what does the human gnome has to do with this?
A:What? Nothing.

Just one more way spellchecker compounds human stupidity. Maybe someone should ask about the human genome.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

OK, fine. Fresh start.

Forget the damn clock idea...... any thoughts on the spinning statue theory ?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Because of the birds eye view drawing of the contraption, I always kind of assumed that it could tilt several ways or rotate, but wrote it off as just me thinking too much about the lines. It theoretically could be an image of some sort of game where people all around a "guy" throw stones at him...but what meaning could that have? Being defenseless against attacks from all angles? Being surrounded by people who criticize?

Since apparently the bible "dont throw stones" things was a misreading of the words, I'd say that the contraption and its meaning is a total mystery...we know how it operates, but not for what purpose.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What if the sketch stands for a simple observation, such as "damned either way"? We think the stone throwing contraption stands for more or less "don't judge". What if it stands for something more like "damned if you do, damned if you don't"? Or perhaps it represents 2 sides to a story/event/interpretation, the dummy being the latter? Some of the hidden symbolism might make more sense with that in mind.
I wonder if the key Belle stands for is literally a "one or the other" stance of some sort, and is further depicted as the contraption. Opposing political parties, scales (as in the scales of justice, for example) inequality (gender rights, gay rights, etc) Conflicting interpretations/beliefs.

The stone throwing contraption might have a different meaning than we interpreted. The coded words might only be there to throw us off in that case.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
HUGE apologies if this has been put forward already - I have been following this from the start but have missed chunks of pages so please disregard if already shown.

I did google search & found some interesting theories & info on another forum site:

interesting but not sure of any relevance? (sorry tried to add as link but didnt work?is something i am doing wrong but not sure what)

Missed if the Morse Code was deciphered:
Moarse code given out:
.-- .... .- - / .- -... --- ..- - / .. - ..--..
Translates to:
W H A T / A B O U T / I T ?

Images of sightings: (in order)

Germany

Nurture

Friends

Rasalhauge:
Alpha Ophiuchi (a Oph, a Ophiuchi) is the brightest star in the constellation Ophiuchus. It has the traditional name Ras Alhague, often condensed to Rasalhague.

Ras Alhague has an apparent magnitude of +2.08, belongs to the spectral classification A5, and is about 47 light years distant from Earth.

The name Ras Alhague is from the Arabic ??? ????? (ra?s al-?ayyah), meaning "the Head of the Serpent".

Altair - Brightest star in the constellation Aquila

Alphekka - Traditional name for Alpha Coronae Borealis (a CrB, a Coronae Borealis) is a binary star in the constellation Corona Borealis. It is located about 75 light years from the Solar System.

again apologies if this has been put forward & MOD please feel free to delete or edit if it has.
edit on 24-7-2011 by dragonlight because: typo

edit on 24-7-2011 by dragonlight because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2011 by dragonlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i say either military or darpa experiment

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
that pic on previous page was through nothing - it is available on google image - belle

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal
If you click on "Get Involed" then highlight the page the following message appears.

Get Involved
Send your answers to the following questions to [email protected].
Only serious applicants will be considered, the more detail given in your responses the better.

What do you think 8•3•11 is about?
Why would you like to get involved in 8•3•11?
What can you do to help spread the word about 8•3•11?
How did you find this site?
What is your general location?

Top Down.

Any ideas? Top Down?

I've only read as far as the above post so someone may have already put this and I'm just throwing this idea out without having looked into the subject apart from what's posted on ATS and looking at the links. Probably way off the mark but you never know where a little brainstorming can lead.

GSO - Grid System Operation

en.wikipedia.org...

www.HWT.com is about water

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here's what bothers me about the idea that this is a handful of college students conducting a social experiment:

- If it is just to see how people work together to solve a problem, they could have accomplished this goal in a manner that would have been a lot easier for them to interpret the data and identify their sample population. Instead, they spent a lot of effort embedding information in source codes and covering their tracks. A little too intricate, in my book, for that purpose.

- The information meant to be found could have been about absolutely anything. However, what we find is information related to stars, constellations, bible passages, a Photoshopped German child named Belle (symbol for the "cause"), and vague connections to a variety of possible conspiracies. Conspiracy hunters like us are gonna tear this apart and take it in every possible direction and back until we find an answer.

- The fact that we haven't found an answer yet doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't one. What it means to me is that these people have done a pretty good job cloaking their purpose from people like us. A handful of college students completing an assignment? Doubtful.

- These people seem to be attempting to raise awareness of something. If we think it's viral marketing, then let's find out what they are marketing. If we think it's something else, then let's uncover it.

You all have been awesome throughout this thread. There's no reason not to keep going. The worst that could happen is that I am wrong and this turns out to be some college punks' assignment
Then at least I guess would have helped in some way. The best that could happen?.... well I guess that depends on what's important to you.

P, L & L

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well according to them, somebody on formspring has already guessed correctly what this is about but i've read the questions like 100 time already and for the life of me i can't guess what it could be....

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Originally posted by notquiteright

Originally posted by plewis51
How come there are no new sightings pictures on their website?

I was wondering that, too. And with the insane amount of buzz this thing has going on the internet, you know they are receiving pictures, but not posting them. This makes me think they made all of the pics in the sightings area. I asked earlier today if anyone has actually seen any of these in your cities? I haven't seen a single one in Houston.

Is there a way to see if they came from the same camera??

I wouldn't know how, but even if it can be done, there are at least 5 of them, so they could still be different cameras? Seriously, though, have any of you seen these flyers outside of your computer screen?

I'm visiting family in the UK at the moment and haven't seen any here. However, when I did a Google search for 8-3-11 I was surprised to see one of my local English speaking newspapers, in Spain, had an article and photo!

Euro Weekly

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's just an advertisement for a roleplaying game.

www.theblackhelix.com...

Spanish website already cracked it.
www.taringa.net...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Arg, really? I was kinda hoping Nasa Jim was behind it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

www.theblackhelix.com...

www.taringa.net...

They havn't cracked it, it's already been confirmed by them themselves that it has nothing to do with games, movies, books... etc

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

www.theblackhelix.com...

www.taringa.net...

That's not a a roleplaying game and I don't see how it has any relevance to 8-3-11 at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

That game comes out in 23 hours. There's over a week between now and the 3rd.
edit on 24-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join