It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-3-11 Creepy Website! Can We Figure Out The Code?!?!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wait, did I miss something? What's this Enricks Angelfire site (seriously, who still uses angelfire?) got to do with all this 8•3•11 stuff? Where did this come from?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

WTF?!
this crap is grtting weird

+20 more 
link   
Quick Recap - John 8: 3-11 was mentioned on page 3 post by DamaSan and page 10 post by Cuervo

Pictures of both the boy and girl are on page 9, and the top of page 10
originally found by David291's on page 7

What we know from the formspring Q & A
8/15 is Jake's birthday
They like the constellation Cassiopeia
They use the Gregorian calendar
They are not terrorists
They have a female member and a member in South Africa
Oh yeah and they don't drink coffee or smoke

Thanks to this post by harlot7

They claim this is not related to money in any way
They claim to have no idea who sam is.... even though sam is listed in the site info on page 3 by DesertedIsland
They claim it COULD be considered art (as speculated by several people throughout the thread)

Its been noted by dethduck that "Sam" runs the facebook page (guessing 175,000 didn't have that info at the time?)
Dethduck also reminds us ....
"He (175,000) already said on the Formspring that it's a photoshop of two pictures of the same person. One when she was six"
And also that conetproject is a copycat
Confirmed by p4rs3c on page 13 (the link jump doesn't work)
To be sure dethduck called (conet) out here, AND!!
dethduck is turning into our main info center! explains the Conetproject in detail here!

if I missed anything, please let me know ♥

The overall consensus is that this'll turn out to be a religious thing (re: john 8:3-11; and the cork tree information posted by DustbowlDebutante) - or a sociology project.

Other speculations include a marketing gimmick for a game/movie release, and an announcement regarding the holocaust, and even that it has something to do with Elenin entering the atmosphere on August.

All links to you to their respective posts here at ATS, in this thread, EXCEPT the formspring Q & A and theconetproject

I think this is probably the first thread that has entertained me for this long since I joined ATS

usually I move on by now

edit on 20-7-2011 by Forevever because: adding the recap, good spot for it

edit on 20-7-2011 by Forevever because: minor adjust

edit on 20-7-2011 by Forevever because: dethduck is the man!

link   
reply to post by lifespath420

its on YT from 3y ago?!?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

I'm afraid not; the Umbrella logo from RE is a top-down octagonal pattern, with alternating red / white:

www.everettcomics.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

lol WHOA i'm going to take a nap THEN watch it judging by that video frame.

link   
In the section Help spread the word in your area There is a soundbite that is looped it say's "Yankee hotel foxtrot"...which is the name of an album by a group called Wilco. Has anyone else heard this? Also can anyone make out the other loops?. One of them sounded like number's but i couldnt make it out clearly.

link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

That's from the Lost ARG from ages ago - that was fun, and the choice of audio so far for this 'game' has kept me in mind of it from the start!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I think this is probably the first thread that has entertained me for this long since I joined ATS

usually I move on by now
Indeed, I should've been to bed three hours ago, haven't been able to stop following this for about 14 hours now. Maybe more. Best thread this year for no other reason than just being so intriguing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

dont know what it is but its weird as hell

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
2nd line.
edit on 20-7-2011 by potential_problem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The following are my observations:

Home page | 8-3-11.info...

I did a reverse image search of the girl using TinEye at www.tineye.com...

0 results.

Next I went to image.google.com and inputted the following:

inurl:"8-3-11" "belle"

The only image that caught my attention is the following edit showing "Belle" with a mutilated face:
8-3-11.yolasite.com...

I was about to dissect the source code of the website but it's already been done:
forums.unfiction.com...

I looked up John 8: 3 - 11 but I cannot think of how it applies.

I think this article sums it up nicely:

The most popular theory is that it is a ‘viral’ campaign to create expectation over a forthcoming videogame or film, but there is nothing to support this. Others believe it may be an art or sociology project to test how people can become obsessed with something which they know very little about.

I'm not going to waste further time on this.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
On the Get involved link, if you highlight the whole page, you get this.

Applications are temporarily closed.

~18,000

Get Involved
Send your answers to the following questions to [email protected].
Only serious applicants will be considered, the more detail given in your responses the better.

What do you think 8•3•11 is about?
Why would you like to get involved in 8•3•11?
What can you do to help spread the word about 8•3•11?
How did you find this site?
What is your general location?

Top Down.

Also, the girls name seems to be Belle, And to me, 8-3-11 is Bell. 8=B 3=E 11=LL.
edit on 20-7-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Google 'august 3 2011 18000' and notice the 3rd result. tell me who you think the 'stomped 18000' are?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nous101
In the section Help spread the word in your area There is a soundbite that is looped it say's "Yankee hotel foxtrot"...which is the name of an album by a group called Wilco. Has anyone else heard this? Also can anyone make out the other loops?. One of them sounded like number's but i couldnt make it out clearly.

there's a question on the Q&A - I was wondering what the Yhf stood for
the answer was "What about it"
its the morse code one

link   
reply to post by Peteos

Is there a translation for the symbols on the left tabs?

link   
reply to post by potential_problem

You guys are nuts don't do this freak sht anymore! Whatever this life is that I'm living is seriously not funny man... Something got in my head and gave me tooooo much info. I don't want to know this stuff and I get the Ti... Ass.. Legs as in 9/11 was the legs, 4/21 with the oil rig leaking brown was the ass... I don't really want to know what horrors you ahve planned for the other part but breast implants, being skinned after being in the well buffalo biolll style etc are just nuts. This life is a scripted nightmare joke and it's so not funny. I get how you like to sing childrens tunes all happy go lucky then reveal in the end the true horror nature of it all because I was always the type to be weak and just let things happen to me and now I'm paying dearly for it but man it's so not funny man. I think I did something bad by not walking away from this crap long ago and trying to figure it out but at the same timethis life is clearly scripted and i keep making the wrong damn choices apparently. Something clearly has control of me and was guiding me around like clock work from one place to the next and I'm going kind of concerned that it won't let me go. If I did wrong and coul /d undo it I would but I really have no memory of doing anythign to that girl other than not chasing after her but there was no where to go. They laid everything out in plaion site like the tan and spray tan stuff signs to screw with me and I was stupid enough to keep trying to figure it out instead of just living my life. Alll I wanted was to go back and die alone on a beach in mexico and now you hit me again with this crap. Like being guided by remote to seeing this thread to scare me. just etll me where she is and if she really needs help I'll help. If not and it's just bs to ruin my life then end this crap. It's not amusing though whatever you put in that Orion tim hortons 426 / 315 66 55 coffee certainly makes me laugh like i'm being drugged up.

i'm being setup so hardcore it's not even funny man. END THIS!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achernar
reply to post by potential_problem

You guys are nuts don't do this freak sht anymore! Whatever this life is that I'm living is seriously not funny man... Something got in my head and gave me tooooo much info. I don't want to know this stuff and I get the Ti... Ass.. Legs as in 9/11 was the legs, 4/21 with the oil rig leaking brown was the ass... I don't really want to know what horrors you ahve planned for the other part but breast implants, being skinned after being in the well buffalo biolll style etc are just nuts. This life is a scripted nightmare joke and it's so not funny. I get how you like to sing childrens tunes all happy go lucky then reveal in the end the true horror nature of it all because I was always the type to be weak and just let things happen to me and now I'm paying dearly for it but man it's so not funny man. I think I did something bad by not walking away from this crap long ago and trying to figure it out but at the same timethis life is clearly scripted and i keep making the wrong damn choices apparently. Something clearly has control of me and was guiding me around like clock work from one place to the next and I'm going kind of concerned that it won't let me go. If I did wrong and coul /d undo it I would but I really have no memory of doing anythign to that girl other than not chasing after her but there was no where to go. They laid everything out in plaion site like the tan and spray tan stuff signs to screw with me and I was stupid enough to keep trying to figure it out instead of just living my life. Alll I wanted was to go back and die alone on a beach in mexico and now you hit me again with this crap. Like being guided by remote to seeing this thread to scare me. just etll me where she is and if she really needs help I'll help. If not and it's just bs to ruin my life then end this crap. It's not amusing though whatever you put in that Orion tim hortons 426 / 315 66 55 coffee certainly makes me laugh like i'm being drugged up.

i'm being setup so hardcore it's not even funny man. END THIS!

Medication would benefit you greatly. Sounds like it's time to take a break from ATS for awhile and go for a walk.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Achernar

Yes. This ALL is to # with you, personally.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nous101
Ok, here's a rundown, it's a long running fringe meme called Numbers station.

Numbers stations (or number stations) are shortwave radio stations of uncertain origin. In the 1950s, Time magazine reported that the numbers stations first appeared shortly after World War II and were using a format that had been used to send weather data during that war.

This leads to the whole "Conet Project" tie-in which stems back to 1997. The Conet Project was a group that hunted down what audio they could of these numbers station and released them on a 4 CD album as well as making them available freely online.

The Conet Project: Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations is a four-CD set of recordings of numbers stations, mysterious shortwave radio stations of uncertain origin believed to be operated by government agencies to communicate with spies "in the field". The collection was released by England's Irdial-Discs record label in 1997, based on the work of numbers station enthusiast Akin Fernandez.

Their work and particularly the mp3s of the album, which are the ones you hear on the 8•3•11 site, are frequently used as either freaky atmospherics or as the defacto soundtrack of many an enigma/cypher site, be it ARG or whatever.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join