It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Lomand Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I did a search here for this video, but nothing came up. This is a pretty interesting video. The creature is pretty sharp and easy to see. It almost looks like a big croc or gator, as it is covered in spiny armor-like skin, but the proportions seem all wrong, as the head is far too far away from the hump/body.
Any way, for what it's worth, here it is...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Although it looks isolated on the video, Loch Lomond gets around a million visitors a year, and only this freaky lookin' guy on the video gets to see 'the monster'..

The video looks like a crocodile, entirely possible as people do tend to discard unwanted reptiles near fresh water.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
S & F

Thanks for a fresh new report.
It's good to see people are still interested in the topic.

Again thanks for posting the video.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
First up, it looks like it was filmed on Loch Lomond. But given the poor quality of the video, all I see is a partially submerged log, some stones by the shore and what appears to be a bird swimming.

There's not even a wallaby in it!

And as noted above, given the number of people who drive or cycle or walk alongside the loch, live there, picnic on its shores and travel all over it in hundreds of boats every day, how odd that only one self confessed 'monster hunter' has ever in recorded history seen the monster?

Edit: the water is far too cold for a crocodile or any other similar reptile to survive there.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
First up, it looks like it was filmed on Loch Lomond. But given the poor quality of the video, all I see is a partially submerged log, some stones by the shore and what appears to be a bird swimming.

There's not even a wallaby in it!

And as noted above, given the number of people who drive or cycle or walk alongside the loch, live there, picnic on its shores and travel all over it in hundreds of boats every day, how odd that only one self confessed 'monster hunter' has ever in recorded history seen the monster?

Really? Strange you say that as this information seems to dispute your statement...

Edit: the water is far too cold for a crocodile or any other similar reptile to survive there.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

www.explorelochlomond.co.uk...

The Loch Lomond Monster. For centuries residents of the loch have reported sightings of a strange creature living in its waters. Though sightings of this creature are very rare, those sightings that have been reported seem to vary greatly when describing the creatures overall appearance.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

Thanks for a fresh new report.
It's good to see people are still interested in the topic.

Again thanks for posting the video.

Any time

Jimbo

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I so hope these lake monsters are real!

My only concern with the video is it doesn't really show it changing direction at all. I thought the footage at the very end looked like something being towed through the water.

Could it be possible that its being winched along from land? It wouldn't be hard to keep the cable submerged.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The name on the video reminds me of Frank Grimes from The Simpsons.

The Loch in Scotland has many fish such as pike that can grow quite large, as well as water voles and otters (quick Google search). That may contribute to some of the sightings that people are having.

As for the video, I doubt that it is a creature of any kind. But thank you for posting this. I have never heard of this creature before! S&F.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It looks fake to me but who knows. I think its worth mentioning that not all sightings of unknown marine creatures come to light, especially around Loch Ness. In 1989 three friends and I parked behind a coach full of Chinese tourists at the roadside between Drumnadrochit and Inverness to watch something thrashing about in the water. At least a hundred people watched the object yet, as far as I'm aware, it has never been mentioned in a book or documentary and has gone unreported. I think most people either dismiss what they see or can't find the right people to report their sighting to!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I hope one day we can all move on from the whole 'Nessy' thing. Yes it's generated billions and billions of pounds for my country's economy, but I mean come on.. It was an Elephant and that's that. There are huge Eels and Pike in these lochs nowadays.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Fair enough, but first I've heard of it. And I know most of the old Highland tales.

I do hear though that "dragons" were seen there in the 13th century .....

www.walkhighlands.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I agree that some sightings from around the world could actually just be huge eels. Have there been any large eels found in Loch Ness? or similar lakes? I also agree that some sightings can be contributed to large fish, some people may not realize the sizes they can actually grow to.

I do however believe that there are "serpents" and unknown creatures in freshwater lakes around the world also.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

I agree that some sightings from around the world could actually just be huge eels. Have there been any large eels found in Loch Ness? or similar lakes? I also agree that some sightings can be contributed to large fish, some people may not realize the sizes they can actually grow to.

I do however believe that there are "serpents" and unknown creatures in freshwater lakes around the world also.

Cheers

Yeah sorry that's what I was trying to say in a crap way, there are creatures in these two Lochs, in particular Loch Ness (average depth 132m / 433ft - max depth 226.96m / 744.6ft) that aren't getting the attention they deserve. Beautiful big animals. Pike have no natural predators there and can grow up to 6ft in length, as for Eels, we're back to 'the Sun' once again..

THE Loch Ness monster is a giant, infertile EEL more than 100 years old, a scientist has claimed.

Read on...
www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well, I would have to dispute the creature in the above video being an eel of any size - it simply does not match it in any way - either in form or movement. There may be giant eels and pikes in the Lochs of Scotland - I'm not disputing that - but this video from Loch Lomond, and some of the more convincing evidence from Loch Ness do not appear to resemble either eels or pikes...

The mystery continues.

J.

new topics

top topics

join