It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cut Military Healthcare Budget! But Don't Cut Major Weapons Systems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

In an effort to learn more truth about this situation I wanted to bring it over and run it thru the mill. My initial reaction was that these guys are beating the fear drums and representing the interests of military ind complex, or some private companies. But I am curious about the justification for more weaponry, in this current climate, particularly if takes away from military healthcare, which by the way is kind of socialized medicine too, and that is fair game for cuts in some people's eyes.
Interesting....

spec

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
TPTB know a big war is coming and they need their toys, not meds, docs, or rehab, nor will they need/ want the VA, for it will be a kill or get killed war.
When will this happen? Any time know for they have been pushing for this sense 1991, one thing they do not foresee is just how well our troops adapt, the folks back home are ready to give support and the days of Nam are long gone.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
he who lives by the sword shall also die by the sword.Its a shame the boys who are supposedly dying for our Country,have to suffer more at home than on the battlefield.That really pisses me off
edit on 20-7-2011 by theson because: incomplete

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I had not considered standing at the edge of another huge war, and I guess I can see the probability, but don't we have enough arms/equipment as of now? Our military budget is bigger than the rest of the world combined, so it seems to me we could a scrape little off the top. Am I wrong?

spec

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

It will never happen.

You are right. It is socialized medicine and for the most part our healthcare system sucks. I stopped going to the doctor unless I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed.

It is nothing but agonizing long lines and quick 3 top 5 minute face time with an actual doctor who will 9 times out of 10 give you a perscription for motrin. Which you are better off not bothering getting because it means sitting or standing in a pharmacy for around 2 hours.

Don't envy us.

top topics

join