It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie/Teacher from SoCal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Text

Hello everyone!

I'm new to posting but I've been lurking for the past 1-2 years... maybe more. I find this website so fascinating and actually have used it as a way to receive non-MSM news/events.

To introduce myself, I'm in my early 20's, non-married and a teacher. My biggest fear is identity theft (it took courage to make a profile on ATS) and I love Rocky Road ice cream.

I live in a SUPER conservative town, which makes it hard for me to express my true identity (liberal) and I also find it hard to trust the media, local law enforcement, and others in the public eye. I sort've have to put on an "act" at work to fit in with my colleagues... so ATS is my safe haven so to speak.

I have more to say but I'll save it for the right time. Anyway, thank you for reading. I hope to befriend some of you in the process.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by misszrnia

Well hello to you from a 62 year old in Texas..

I think you will fit right in here at ATS
Lots of topics and discussions to get into..

Take things with a grain of salt and an open mind...(salt kind of stings on an open mind tho )

Enjoy your time on ATS

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hello!

Me - born and bred in SOCA - - many years before you. Currently in Redondo Beach.

Hmmmm - conservative town in SOCA? Pockets of conservatism. San Diego - Orange County - Bakersfield - Temecula.

Hang tough - Liberal!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Hey socal,

Welcome to ats. Hope to hear your ghost stories and maybe a bit about the dismal state of the american indoctrinational system! Oops , I meant educational system. I remember spending a summer in arcadia with my aunt and uncle when I was sixteen. Mom had shipped me off to them cause I was experimenting with flammable inhalables. By the time we had hit the Coutts border crossing my aunt had bought me a pack of marlboro lights and my uncle had informed me that he had a big bag of popcorn waiting for us at home. His popcorn was green though. Gotta love them liberals. A well stocked library and the run of the house, shangri-la for a kid that was more interested in getting lost in his head, than getting head. My aunt had an astral projection audio-cassette and it didn't work the first time, in this case second time was a charm. Did you know your soul is a 360 degree conscious spherical entity that is in fact connected to your earthly dust by a silver thread? but thats another story, and I think enough about me. Again welcome, and stock up on tinfoil, you might need to make a hat soon around this crowd!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Nice to meet you. This site is really nice, people are great and we all have a lot in common.
I understand where you are coming from about having to hide you true self and it is great when there is a place like ATS where you can let yourself be free as well as find people just like you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Howdy! Welcome, this site is a hoot, I love these folks. I have a similar story where I live. I'm an Independent amongst a bunch of hardcore Republican. I'm in my 50's and have more education than I"ll ever use. My life is good with wife and a couple of offspring, one of each, ten years apart. As far as privacy, I don't believe it exists and I just quit worrying about it. Hope you enjoy your time here and good luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Well ATS makes strange bed fellows of us all.

I live in SoCal and I am a conservative with a libertarian bent living in a liberal town.

I spent most of the last 20 years almost full time undoing the indoctrination the local school system was trying to do to my children.

But I enjoy debating with a young person who think they are a liberal.

Enjoy your time here but you need to know this.

You maybe be taking a trip down a "rocky road".

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I wish you will find your stay here refreshing, I use to stay in the prophecy forum since I believe many prophecies are about to come true or already have come true.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes! So far I find the 9/11 conspiracies the most appealing. I remember being 13 and watching the second tower collapse while getting ready for another day in the life of a freshman in high school. It truly changed my perspective on life and others living in this world. It shattered my security of feeling untouchable as an American.

It wasn't until about 3 years ago that I began to search for those infamous 9/11 videos for a project, and with that, I found an abundance of theories regarding 9/11 as an inside job. Coincidentally, those theories led me here where I spent hours upon hours reading, watching, learning more and more about what happened on that horrible day. It broke my heart while prying my eyes wide open... leaving me there to realize this world is pretty effed' up for lack of better term.

Anyway, enough about that.

P.S. I do have a few ghostly stories to contribute to ATS. I used to live in a house where the craziest things happened... I will post in the appropriate forums soon enough. Cheers

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
are you in Orange County?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elrey72011

Nope. Guess again.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Howdy and welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay now that you've decided to come on out and post a bit. I lurked around for a while as well, but couldn't help not posting. Anxious to hear about the house, those make for good tales.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I love Rocky Road..

Yum. Well hello to you. I'm studying to become a teacher too! Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm in Southern Cali myself, I relate to you being not able to "reveal" yourself, I'm from the east coast and have lived here 3 years... too beautiful to want to go back, but I'd imagine many California-natives getting on here (I'd hope!) to escape the "sweet dream" they're having south of LA.

I don't know what you'd consider the OC's political views as a whole, but I don't get with it at all! Just joined the board- come to realize very quickly that the critics here are mostly educated and ready to agree or disagree in a knowledgeable fashion!

We made it !!

new topics

top topics

join