It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the "Terrafugia"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So I guess this new "car" can actually take off from a simple straight road if the traffic permits. It's pretty cool to see this new "car" being a potential in real life cars. What I mean by that is how it can be an everyday thing within the next several years.
It is 250,000 dollars, though.

This is the source

Note: I find it funny how it's named Terrafugia because Terra is another name for planet Earth, and Fugia could be a Latin word for escaping, or running (away from).

I'm gonna go check to see if it really means that.

I was pretty right on
Fuga, Fugio and Fugo all mean to flight, escape, flee, run away, void, shun, chase away, drive into exile, pursue.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Nice.

I don't think 250,000 is really that bad for a flying car. It's cheaper than a lot of high end sports and luxury cars.

And it FLIES!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I can see this being grounded the second some drunk flies into a schoolhouse.

Not gonna happen till you take humans out of the loop and make them automatic pilots in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
damn its ugly...

I'll wait for something more my "style" to come out...

There was a cool red flying car tho... that one I'd buy...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Man that is sick. Would love to have one. Things like this just make me wanna design/build something.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Nice.

I don't think 250,000 is really that bad for a flying car. It's cheaper than a lot of high end sports and luxury cars.

And it FLIES!

Yea I agree with you, I thought the same exact thing, actually, ahaha.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I can see this being grounded the second some drunk flies into a schoolhouse.

Not gonna happen till you take humans out of the loop and make them automatic pilots in my opinion.

Ahahaa, omg, I can only imagine. But that's so true. Jesus, can you just picture that??

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
damn its ugly...

I'll wait for something more my "style" to come out...

There was a cool red flying car tho... that one I'd buy...

If you're saying the one I'm thinking of, then YES, that one is very sexy, very very slick and nice. I love the way it looks, very cool.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsncrs
Man that is sick. Would love to have one. Things like this just make me wanna design/build something.

I agree. I watched Battle: Los Angeles, and when I saw those flying alien spaceships it just made me wanna draw a sketch myself, having no background in any sort of engineering or anything that would put me in a position to sketch anything in the first place. Makes you think, at the end of the day, anyone can draw up something and turn it into reality, if you know what I mean. Imagination can definitely be much much more important than knowledge.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is awesome!! Id so luv to get in one of these and take off lol I wonder how long a runway it needs?

new topics

top topics

join