It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Football Comentators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hi,

another general football thread..I know there are more outhere, post the best and nuttiest calls ever!!!
The first call with the nahnahnahnah at very first rocks..

Ray Hudson....

Cantor...

Love it...LOVE IT!!!

CJ
edit on 19-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ohh Crap!
You drew me in with the whole "Football" title!

Come on coloradojens!!!!... Elway is turning over in his grave right now!
GRAVE=CAR DEALERSHIPS!

Be true to your signature..... don't give into globalism!

It's SOCCER!

PS- You have changed your Avatar like 3 or 4 times in the last week, is everything OK? Wanna talk? I'm here if you need to talk!

ORANGE CRUSH!
edit on 19-7-2011 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

tvtexan: sorry - didn't mean to fool you! I will say I appreciate your words and obvious passion as a Bronco fan.
I too bleed orange and blue. Season tix growing up. Mom used to send me and my bro downtown on an RTD bus (I was 7 he was 10) with all the hardcores listening to 850 KOA and Larry Miller on the call. You could do that back then! I cried openly and told grown men I loved them when we won the first superbowl. Simply just loved the second one. McDaniels took down what was starting to fall completely. Tebow is not the answer, imho - but I'd rather roll with him over "hey, is that some wind? I'll just fall down now" Orton.

I have a life-sized cut-out of Elway in the basement near the "bronco" room. Someone placed a small globe on his shoulders once and it will stay there permanently. Bronco Chrsitmas tree decorations? Check. Hats, jackets, shirts, check. Pennants on the wall from the two superbowls. And, yes, I am a grown man. My kids only know Broncos, and when my youngest said he liked the helmets of that team from KC, well, after almost fainting, I pulled out my 50 Years of the NFL book and "we" choose the Minnesota Vikings helmet as a cool one to like - no child of mine will EVER like the CHEFS.

That said, a Bronco fan in Texas is a precarious position. Be careful! And yeah, I've been seeing what looks right on the avatar front - just bored...thanks again for the Broncos words - makes me feel happy knowing Bronco fans are still speaking up for the team!

CJ

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This Argentinian one is quite good ( like most South American commentaries ), and was when two players went for a bicycle kick, and one of them connected, for Gimnasia La Plata vs Boca Juniors.

Mexico's 82nd minute goal against the US in the vital 2010 WC qualifier was pretty good commentary, as well.

Although, sadly I don't know the two commentators' names, but the second one is definitely Mexican.

The best commentators that I've heard are people like John Motson, Barry Davies and David Coleman, but sadly our English commentators are usually more measured and genteel.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Thanks Sherlock Holmes! Excellent additions...the call for the Mexico goal is Andres Cantor...sweet double bicycle in the first one.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Howard Cosell was the greatest football commentator of all time.

And if he commentated on soccer he'd be the best at that too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Howard Cosell was the greatest football commentator of all time.

And if he commentated on soccer he'd be the best at that too.

And if he commentated on a honeymoon consumation, he'd be the best at that too...

CJ

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Even if you don't like soccer, check this one out - I have it another thread called Bergkamp - but the first call is great...

CJ

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

tvtexan: sorry

Why are you apologizing? You didn't say anything wrong. Most of the world calls it football primarily because, and wait for it... we kick the ball with our foot! Thus the name: foot-ball.

Here's a nice guide:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/256318ef4e02.jpg[/atsimg]

The name 'Handegg' might not catch on but you get the idea..

edit on 28-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hand Egg! I love it! Only sorry I dragged in some unassuming hand eggers! I come from the USA so me speaking of classic football is like you giving me 1976 Los Angeles Rams Line Backers names...I am a rookie...as they say in Hand Egg.

CJ

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
"Maggie Thatcher, your boys took one hell of a beating"

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I have never seen that. Hey, Maggie! You guys stink! What are YOU gonna do about it?
What, was the guy trying to start a war? Classic...thanks for the laugh this am...

CJ

new topics

top topics

join