It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady Michelle "Reality Star" Obama Set To Star In A Reality Show

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
for years, politicians have been gaining a form of celebrity status. The presidential election has become more and more like american idol than a political election. People seem to love to vote for the current political rock star and they seem more and more accepting of the idea of voting an actual celebrity into places of political power...
either that or this is just for publicity

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I've realized a lot of people on this website are sad, hateful rednecks with inferiority complexes. It's threads like this that really drive that point home. When was Laura Bush's appearance ragged on like Michelle's has been? It wasn't - she's a first lady no one's supposed to care what she looks like.

A lot of you - and especially the guy bragging about the size of his balls and how she looks like the predator... - need to seek professional help. Really? Is this how you're going to prove that you're right? By making complete fools of yourselves at every opportunity and shouting "COMMUNIST" every chance you get, even when it doesn't make any sense?

Obama has not been a GREAT president but when his opponents make such complete and utter fools of themselves, we end up supporting him more. That's something Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman can tell you all about. Get ready for 4 more years of Obama by default...
edit on 20-7-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)
I started this thread and I am no sad inferior redneck. I just find it tacky that the First Lady is using a vet to garner support for her husband's re-election. I reckon youre OK with our soldiers being used for publicity by our fat cat elected officials, I happen to find it odious.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I just find it tacky that the First Lady is using a vet to garner support for her husband's re-election. I reckon youre OK with our soldiers being used for publicity by our fat cat elected officials, I happen to find it odious.

You do realize this is a 'publicity stunt' that will benefit homeless veterans, right?

Perhaps in your overzealous dislike of The Obama's you didn't notice that key factor. I suspect Mrs. Obama
could be feeding hungry people and you would call it sleazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Well I think it is tacky and cheapens the office of the President, personally. One can show charity in other ways besides going on a reality show!

big brother is a reality show. extreme home makeover is unscripted, but nobody gets naked, punched, drunk or voted off

she is making a single apperance, and it's probably 3 minutes

that makes her a "reality star?"

put down the haterade

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The OP is not saying kill the president or anything like that, so it's pretty exaggerated when some people say she is basically doing hate speech. It's criticism, in a supposed free spech country. How ironic. Speak ill, no not ill, speak critically of the motives of a beloved leader and his wife and it's hate speech. Haterade, brilliant, but over the top in this thread

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Considering the Marxist posturing of the Obamas during the campaign, their obvious hatred of Capitalism, it is odd for her to be courting paid media like that. One can only surmise that they are armchair Marxists who expect everyone to make the sacrifice. But I wonder if she is really competing with Sarah Palin.
edit on 19-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Marxist, Stalin Mao

Stalin Stalin Mao Acorn....

Marx Lennin Mao comie commie Mao?

Mao? Commie Stalin?

The question is are you Hollywood? what a script...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
She has done something like this before. When she was pushing her Whitehouse garden she appeared on Iron Chef America where the secret ingredient was anything they could find in her garden.

blogs.wsj.com...

Sure this is a charity thing, but does she have to go on reality tv shows to show how charitable she is? Its kind of tacky, I see it as a "look how charitable I am"? kind of thing.

If she wants to do something for homeless vets then do something for all of them, not just the females.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This will be another great distraction.

Republicans will say, "The country is in crisis, and Michelle is busy on reality TV..".

Just like the Obama birth certificate, it will be another wonderful distraction, and Obama will surely be re-elected, because Republicans will not attack him on serious issues.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

My question is this:

Are you too young to know this is nothing new, or do you only get annoyed by things one specific party does?

What age do you consider young?

More to the point are you so young that you consider the Kardashian Sisters or the Real Housewives of New York the same as the "homeless female military vets" described in your Op?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The OP is not saying kill the president or anything like that, so it's pretty exaggerated when some people say she is basically doing hate speech.

Hate speech? Perhaps i missed it. Who made that claim?

It's criticism, in a supposed free spech country. How ironic. Speak ill, no not ill, speak critically of the motives of a beloved leader and his wife and it's hate speech. Haterade, brilliant, but over the top in this thread

Yes, indeed, anyone who finds problems with the OP's juvenile and vapid criticism of the First Lady donating time for a charity as 'tacky' is clearly just a 'hater'/ But the Op's clear and obvious hatred of the Obama's is not 'hating'. Excellent points.

And while the OP is allowed to criticize, no one else is allowed to be critical of her criticism, because her criticism is free speech, while criticism of her is 'haterade'

Did i get it right?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join