It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady Michelle "Reality Star" Obama Set To Star In A Reality Show

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
sourc e

Michelle Obama is all set to become the next big reality TV star -- the First Lady has announced she'll be appearing on an upcoming episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Obama is slated to help build a new greenhouse and a children's play area for a community resource center for homeless female military vets in Fayetteville, N.C.

Here we go, solidifying the notion that our country is being run by Hollywood wannabes, our First Lady is going to be on a reality show.

My question is this.

Is it ever appropriate for a family member of a sitting President to do reality shows, or any of these entertaining evening shows or talk shows for that matter?

When did our White House turn into a breeding ground for Hollywood celebrity?

It is disturbing that this type of show is a priority of our white house residents. I think it is not the image our elected First Family should be cultivating, especially with all the real problems our country faces right now.

What do you think? Does the First Lady cheapen and degrade the White House by doing reality TV? And when did this trend begin, Ronald Reagan or Clinton? Has any other presidents or their families done a reality show while in the White House?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh man, for a second there I thought it was going to be a cooking show.

Extreme Makeover?
Something tells me there will two episodes.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Considering the Marxist posturing of the Obamas during the campaign, their obvious hatred of Capitalism, it is odd for her to be courting paid media like that. One can only surmise that they are armchair Marxists who expect everyone to make the sacrifice. But I wonder if she is really competing with Sarah Palin.
edit on 19-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I was hoping it was going to be a Extreme MakeOver- For her.
Then I thought... naw...
You cant turn the Predator Into a beauty queen.

Here should be her reality show.."Get Out".. Her husband needs to be in it too...

Side note -little less serious- I dont have any feelings about a politician comming on t.v, that is, until they open their mouths.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
yeah, it's communist, obscene, embarrasing and outrageous for a first lady to make a charitable gesture

on TV

c'mon folks, get real here

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Propaganda machine at work. "Don't look at the fact my husband is a puppet who lied about most of his campaign promises. I'm giving a house to a homeless person"

Politicians are now simply and plain media sluts, its sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You're right..so preposterous for our leaders to show an example of charity.

By your title you make it sound as if she has a TV show of her own like Palin, instead of helping out vets. Publicity stunt sure...is that bad?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Kinda been done before.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"Honey, I can't seem to gain any more approvals, and people seem to like you more. Maybe if you go out there and show people that you're a decent person they'll trust in me again."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
lol america is becoming the "home of the loons"... somebody change that anthem.

Btw... Laura bush is so classy and gotta love jenna. Comparing Laura to Michelle is like mixing 25 year old Glenlivet Scotch with lemon-flavoured water and ice... it makes THAT much sense. Sorry bout that michelle, you just cant cut it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Where is that spot on the wall to bang your head against in times of extreme anguish? Unfreakin` believable, the "royal American family" has continued to make the USA the laughing stock of the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's an election ploy.
See how "normal" she is!
See how "in touch" she is!
IF she cares, then the president must care.
Forget that unemployment is. . . the economy is. . . just lookit Michelle! She used a hammer!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well we just had 8 years of "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" failure...I'll take a first lady building green houses..gtfoi..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Agree with Beezzer, just a ploy to get people seeing how wonderful the Obamas are. Don't pay attention to what's going on behind the curtain. Gee, wonder why she didn't want to do something like this a couple years ago?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well I think it is tacky and cheapens the office of the President, personally. One can show charity in other ways besides going on a reality show!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
hey people the whitehouse needs and extreme makeover dont let the door hit you on the way out michele and barrack.

the charity comment was priceless because it takes people who make money to give money away thats how that works.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

My question is this.

Is it ever appropriate for a family member of a sitting President to do reality shows, or any of these entertaining evening shows or talk shows for that matter?

My question is this:

Are you too young to know this is nothing new, or do you only get annoyed by things one specific party does?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It's an election ploy.
See how "normal" she is!
See how "in touch" she is!
IF she cares, then the president must care.
Forget that unemployment is. . . the economy is. . . just lookit Michelle! She used a hammer!

Exactly, and most people will eat it up. TV has killed our country, no one reads anymore to know what really goes on. Ask someone on the street " how many Iraqi civilians have been killed in the war?" they wont know or care. Ask them about Casey Anthony is and hear them drone on. Ask the people at walmart about quantum physics, then ask them about jersey shore. Zombie-land USA!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

My question is this.

My question is this:

Are you too young to know this is nothing new, or do you only get annoyed by things one specific party does?

What age do you consider young? And I get annoyed at our government, and our politicians, I do not discriminate on Party affiliation.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Anon's 4 step plan for idiocracy is now in phase 2.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join