It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most amazing goal you will EVER See! a must for all sports fans (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
last sunday (17 july 2011) there was a lot of international soccer friendlies played.
the stand out match without a doubt was the UAE against Lebanon. really? you may ask...
oh yes! the match ended UAE 6 Lebanon 2. nothing too exciting there really

in the second half Lebanon conceded a penalty. up stepped Awana Diab of the UAE to take it.
what happened next is the reason this moment will long remain in anyones memory who has seen it.
this is going down as one of my favourite moments in sport. ever

star and flag so people can enjoy this rarity

now thats a great goal. and in an international match too. brilliant.
what do you think?
edit on 19/7/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Amazing...This is certainly NOT.

Cheeky & arrogant? YES.

Did you know he got fined...by his OWN country for this disrespectful penalty-kick?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Serves him right.

I mean, what was he thinkin? "We're already 5-2 up...I might as well take the biscuit & show-off by scoring a spot-kick in a cheap manner?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I love football and... honestly? What do I think?

Well... I think if he did that and missed in a critical point he would prolly never play in a national team again lol

You know, its one of those sink or swim situations... zero or hero?

But it was cool... hope he doesnt do it again tho

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Was funny but yeah a bit "rubbing salt in the wound" type feeling about it

I see your best goal and raise you a best save

edit on 19-7-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

edit: Ok, so not technically a save as such due to the fact the ref had stopped play for an offside.
edit on 19-7-2011 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Amazing...This is certainly NOT.

Cheeky & arrogant? YES.

Did you know he got fined...by his OWN country for this disrespectful penalty-kick?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Serves him right.

I mean, what was he thinkin? "We're already 5-2 up...I might as well take the biscuit & show-off by scoring a spot-kick in a cheap manner?

yeah ok i get what your saying
but on a skill level its right up there with the best

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
If he could score from a back-heel in open-play...then kudos to him.

But I'm guessin he doesn't have the skill to do that...Only from the penalty-spot, where he didn't even back-heel it cleanly. Look how the ball rolls in at a turtle's pace.

The keeper, being 5-2, & bamboozled by this stupid move, just gave it up completely & watched it roll in..

Sorry, but I like to think I'm a football fan. And this will NOT be going down as the most amazing goal I'll every see.

Scoring like this...5-2 up, in a FRIENDLY match...with a penalty-kick at 78 minutes, is definitely nothing to be proud of.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

cant watch it embedding disabled but i know that save
its a brilliant save and its almost exactly like the penalty
if it comes off then great. if he misses then he's taken off, fined and probably banned for a while
but yeah what a save.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Skill level? I've scored a spinning back-heel against my cousin in 5-a-side. As long as you judge the distance right, it's not the hardest trick in the book.

You must not actually play football a lot...There are WAY more difficult things in football that requires more technicality & skill than this.

I mean, watch the video again carefully & see how he takes his time when he approaches the ball, & still doesn't manage to strike it cleanly.

Anyway, it's not the FIRST ever scored back-heel from the penalty spot.

If you wanna see it, then here:

Compare techniques: Totti (a world-class player, world-cup winner) does it with minimal effort, doesn't hesitate when approaching the ball, whilst striking the ball cleanly...AND in training, not in a real football match.

Totti > UAE guy.
edit on 19-7-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That IS the best save of all time!!!

cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

what do you mean, AND in training? no pressure on him there so
the arab guy did it in a real match
i used to play football a lot until i broke my ankles so dont lecture me on skill and technique
im an avid football fan i know it inside out
this goal is a great one in my opinion

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That's hilarious!

Love the guy's hair too haha.

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Wait. And there's pressure on the UAE guy, being 5-2 up? Don't make me laugh.

The point being, Totti is MILES better in class than this randomer. He chose to do it in training, rather than a real football match.

You're funny. This goal is one of the best? Don't make me laugh...For an "avid" football fan, to rate this highly.

I need to give you my DVD on 200 top goals, that'll make this look like crap.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just because you "used" to play football "a lot" doesn't mean you HAVE skill or good technique.

I would run rings around you mate, with the utmost respect. I think I know a thing or two about football.

This is barely a good goal, since it was still, in essence, a PENALTY KICK. Being a gift on a plate to him.

Please watch the Totti video, compare techniques, then try to understand.

Totti could pull that off in a stadium of 100,000 easily. This UAE guy got hardly any power into it, yet it's the "most amazing goal ever?"

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm going to respectfully disagree that this was the best goal ever. I'm sure most of you have seen this video but in my opinion its worth watching again. This is the best goal ever that should go down in sports history.

All you gotta do is be smarter than your opposition haha!

Edit. Yes I know the difference between football and soccer. Goals are not just soccer. Best of includes more than one sport. Just wanted to clarify =)
edit on 19-7-2011 by litterbaux because: Added text after Edit

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Wait. And there's pressure on the UAE guy, being 5-2 up? Don't make me laugh.

The point being, Totti is MILES better in class than this randomer. He chose to do it in training, rather than a real football match.

You're funny. This goal is one of the best? Don't make me laugh...For an "avid" football fan, to rate this highly.

I need to give you my DVD on 200 top goals, that'll make this look like crap.

i said it was an amazing goal not one of the best ever. it is an amazing goal. no doubt. of course there are better goals then that out there. i rate it highly because its never been done in an international match before.
and as for you running rings around me? dont make me laugh, didnt you read i broke me ankles?
listen i dont want to get into a petty argument with you but how is doing it in training better than doing it in a real match? in training it doesnt matter if you miss, but in a real match...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

now that is a fantastic 'goal'
ingenious

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Someone already posted Francesco Totti scoring a back-heeled penalty in training, which looked slightly more balletic than the UAE penalty scorer's effort.

What about this for a cracking penalty, though ? Spain under-21 player, Ezequiel Calvente, scoring with his ''wrong foot' against Italy.

Looks even better on the replays !

edit on 20-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

That is bloody Hilarious!!!

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

That is Genius!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Good examples.. BUt how about Mexico's Dos Santos' goal in this years 'Copa de Oro"?

Makes a fool of our keeper, zig and zags through two defenders, leaves a third frozen and makes a "no look" chip to far post top corner to beat the fouth victim jumping for his life to try and save the goal!!

Ball just floats in and hits the back of the net..

my vote is for this one. Talent, Speed, and perfection all in one goal.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
when these morons are getting paid 50 grand a week to kick balls around, then i want to see some matrix like #
if youre impressed by a fumbled back heel that trickled over the line, thats sad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join