It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying sphere goes where humans fear to tread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
New Japanese remote controlled flying sphere

Looks pretty cool.

It also looks very familar:

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This will be the new camera vehicle that comes around a corner and peeks into your windows.

1984 laid the foundation but 2011 is the reality. Only a matter of time IMO.

But yes, the tech is always cool. It's the use that makes it scary. In our hands it's a toy but I don't see it as staying that way for long.

Just my prediction.

edit on 19-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Thoughts?

-Cool
-I want one
-So much for Chinese Lanterns being a main source for ufo sightings! Imagine lights on these things!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe TPTB have made another one of those "bargain deals" with ETs and now have this kind of technology?

Just another conspiracy to throw out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The objects in the 2nd video look very much like the object in the first video. My first thought was that the objects in the 2nd video are the same just covered with a fabric that allow the internal rudders and lift equipment to stay effective.

Really nice find considering how many videos this can be applied to,

The tech itself has amazing applications both good and bad. I really want to see a version made that someone in distress could grab onto or have the machine grab the person, and fly the person out of harms way. If I was in a disaster area I would love to be able to grab onto one of these and fly off into safety.

edit on 19-7-2011 by DrunkNinja because: Cause I can

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I gotta agree with Jude here... Too scary to think of the applications to infringe on our rights even more

Its like probe droids searching the entire galaxy for the band of rebels...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
Maybe TPTB have made another one of those "bargain deals" with ETs and now have this kind of technology?

Just another conspiracy to throw out there.

Don't you get it? This has nothing to do with ETs. That's just a bogus coverstory that the uneducated still defecate from their mouths much to the benefit of secret intelligence operations and their equipment.

Those white objects in my second video have been seen all over the place. They were even above several major cities across the globe in that "mass UFO" incident (back in January, I believe).

As another poster stated, the white objects appear to be the same but with fabric covers. I'm sure that the military versions are much more maneuverable and organized than these new ones. For instance, they more than likely are able to re-attach to a "mother vehicle" as described in many witness reports. Seems like a damn good spy tool.

I wonder how they fare against radar detection? Perhaps that's what the fabric covers are for.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
DrunkNinja might be right on the money. Those white orbs are pretty zippy, and traveling much higher than what could be considered the prototype...someone did a little more than raid the Radio Shack for parts on them. Cool idea... made me think of the orb in Phantasm though...muahahahaha....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Very cool but without longer battery life and some kind of better thrust or propulsion i don't see these doing what some videos show orbs doing i really do think there are orbs like this out there but way more sophisticated either other worldly or much more top secret.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, I am afraid I have to agree with you on this. They are promoting it as a rescue tool, but it is just too convenient of a stretch to turn it into the primo spy tool. The maneuverability of this sphere makes it a dangerous addition to the control capabilities of those who would use it. BT

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm a long-time R/C nut and this sphere is just another iteration of many hobbyist VTOL aircraft that have been made in recent years. I wouldn't worry about this particular version having any military applications, the military versions that have leaked out are MUCH smaller including some ornithopters (ornis fly via flapping wings) that look exactly like insects. Those are the ones to worry about

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have seen these balls before
I ran a search function and could not find it.

Kind of like a model helicopter inside a ball framework.
Could make a good snooper..with a camera a peeping tom could have a ball !

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
I have seen these balls before
I ran a search function and could not find it.

Kind of like a model helicopter inside a ball framework.
Could make a good snooper..with a camera a peeping tom could have a ball !

Or the DHS, CIA, FBI, DEA....and....?

You know they will.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
very possible O.P. well spotted, even if they were not them they have to be included in the possibilities not just for the u.f.o. video you linked but any future videos to.

those worried about the privacy implications. remote control flying objects have been around a while, it was just a matter of time that someone would attach a camera. my point is, anybody can do it, it is not just something that only governments can create and use.

so anyone can do the snooping on anybody if they really wanted to, wonder how long it will be before these are used by the media to snoop on unsuspecting celeb's and M.P.'s

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

You really think that intel ops will drop reliable technology loaded with sensors so they can use some RC bugs? Those bug things are not practical for long range recon nor are they all that practical for combat. All they're good for is spying, especially when you're in deep cover.

The recon orbs that are already in use appear to be deployed by aerial craft for closer inspection of ground affairs.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I must be a little slow on the uptake tonight
I keep thinking about its use by three letter agencys .

It did not even enter my mind what the celeberity chasers could do with this ..follow your favorite star everywhere..they would have no privacy at all !

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Though I love all of this new technology.. I find it kind of scary
These devices are built for one thing and one thing only.. spying on and controlling the masses.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Easy to see where this technology is headed. And at the same time - seriously awesome engineering. I love Japan

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The design seems a bit dated. Put this one in a sphere:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry about this thing spying on you, unless its got a cloak its not going to be very sly, A while ago there was a thread on here showing small insect like robots, that are extremely manueverable, of course can fly as another poster said, via small flapping wings & of course it had a small camera on the front.

Think about it, would you really notice a silent little bug flying around, you would just assume its a bug, *the average joe would assume, but it could be keeping tabs on your whole family, entering your body while your sleeping, it could do anything really......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join