It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our current issues aren't new...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

A great act by Mr. Carlin and interestingly this was years ago. For some reason I keep thinking that our issues are new and that something has to happen...but looking back, well nothing happened then. Why will it happen now?

Scary to think about if you ask me. Although this wasn't that long ago people were saying the same things as this during the Vietnam war. It's the same thing every generation yet we forget. I read about a fictional plot to a book recently all about how people are so quick to forget the past. Even the past that some people around lived through.
edit on 7/19/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
...gosh, i miss george... he was right on - especially the "we bomb brown people" part...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I would amend your statement by saying that our current issues aren't VERY new.
In the words of Henry Kissinger: "The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer."
It is obvious to those of us who have been aware for a while of the traitorous actions of "men" like Kissinger that these issues have been occurring steadily and increasing in their audacity over several decades, if not the past century.
R.I.P. Carlin. You were a great man, and you weren't given enough credit for your powerful speeches simply because they were conveyed by comedy.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yup, I too miss George Carlin.

We lost a great voice in the world when he died.

That man never missed a beat.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The majority of issues people worry about today have happened far worse in our history but people are living through this now so they think the world has never seen anything like it before.

A quick read through a history book would prove that the worlds not nearly as horrible as it has been.

top topics

join