It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dismisses GOP debt measure, praises compromise plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Obama Praises Compromise plan

- President Barack Obama offered strong praise Tuesday for a deficit reduction plan put together by a bipartisan group of senators, calling the measure's mix of tax changes and spending reductions "broadly consistent" with his own approach to the current debt ceiling crisis.

# Obama praises the "Gang of Six" plan and says he is still hoping for a grand bargain

The plan would create three tax brackets with rates from 8% to 12%, 14% to 22%, and 23% to 29% -- part of a new structure designed to generate an additional $1 trillion in revenue. It would require cost changes to Medicare's growth rate formula, as well as $80 billion in Pentagon cuts.

I doubt this will solve the debt problems

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nothing they have proposed will help.. US. Them--for sure.

Anything that Obama and the Dems are happy about ... is bad for the rest of the USA.

Not to mention 1.5 trillion in new revenues... (aka TAXES).

I am SO pissed right now that if I write anything more... I will violate T&C.

The Republicans SUCK and are just as bad as the Dems.

They don't have the balls to do what is really needed. STOP SPENDING.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I couldn't agree more! Every time I see Obama's name attached to anything I instantly get upset. How come so many people in this country are blind to what he's doing? I have never disliked a president so much before.

I remember when he was pushing his healthcare bill on us and the public voted overwhelmingly against it, but he pushed it right through. I was pissed! Since then he has just kept ignoring the people and doing what he wants. I can't wait to see him thrown out.

His stupid "solutions" are not solutions at all. You said it perfectly. It's not good for us at all. It only benefits his pockets.

It's funny though... in Obama's eyes there comes a point when the people have "made too much money"

I wonder how come the government never spends too much and just stops? Talk about a lack of accountability.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But but wait!!...... CNBC say this agreement will allow a raise of the debt ceiling..... and you're all saved!.................. until next time!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

These old farts in office just want to pass the buck on to the next generation. Literally.

As a wise man once said:

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i think we all new this would happen

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
not the only one upset

rasing taxes takes money out of the economy and will bankrupt people and destroy jobs.

thats the way that works and that leads to more government spending on unemployment and welfare.

its the same old song from the big government pushers their solution creates more problems.

cut the damn spending is the only thing they need to do.

government spending is nothing but welfare for busines finance and people and they just cant get it through their thick heads

that they are the cause of every single problem facing this country.

half this country pays taxes the other have no tax liabilites but to raise taxes is stupidity
edit on 19-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
They will just keep pushing and pushing....

These submorons make the tyranny of King George look like he was a benevolent saint to the origonal colonists.

As Franklin said, we either hang together or will surely hang separately. It's high time that this criminal cabal be relegated to the gallows it so richly deserves.

top topics

join