It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British teenager bikes on top of water for charity, won’t say how. Any clues?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

A British teenager raised awareness for flood victims in London's Lake District by riding his bicycle on a lake 75-feet deep.

Matt Whitehurst, 16, insists the pictures are real but won't reveal how he managed to perch his bicycle atop the waters of England's Lake Buttermere. He performed the stunt to promote an upcoming cycling event that will raise money to build bridges destroyed in 2009 flooding.

"I can't and won't say how I did it, but plenty of people saw me and they'll confirm it wasn't a camera trick," he said. "The photos are real."

sports.yahoo.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86330424a84d.jpeg[/atsimg]

I was just wondering if any on ATS had a clue how he did it? I must remind he did it for charity. Pretty cool

thoughts?

edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It looks like he might be standing on something (a pylon).

Great picture though...makes you wonder.
edit on 19-7-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Its said its 75' deep below him. Thanks for your input

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There's no video of this? How is that possible? Show us a video and we'll show you how he did it
, I guess

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not enough information to answer accurately. We need video.

Either a plank just 2 inches below the surface, or somehow submersible support with propeller.

Who cares?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

LOL there were witnesses there its states. Either way its a good charity theme idea, caught my eye.
Thanks

link   
Glass.

It's transparent, and you can ride a bike on it.

And it makes great photos of you riding across water like Jesus.

It's quite an old trick, actually.

link   
Reminds me of a Myth Busters I saw.

link   

A really tall pylon...

It kind of looks like something under his right foot.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Video from several angles including the view from under the water, scientific analysis and proof or it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

It would be nice to know how its done, dont you think Cryptonomicon. All the threads cant be intense and he is doing it outta love so you know I likes that.

thanks

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There is so much photo shop crap on the internet it's ridiculous , but it could be a magic trick like the one Chris Angel did. He walked across a swimming pool

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am just happy to see the youth possess love within them to care for others lost in flood. He is a smart 1, gotta give him credit.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i live nere here and its not london its cumbria we need the toursim up here heres a link to our local papers site notice how he has difret top's on in the two pics its fake ,

www.newsandstar.co.uk...

also i think he is not moving and is just balancing on a slightly submerged peir used for canoos
edit on 19-7-2011 by haven123 because: no reason

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

A British teenager raised awareness for flood victims in London's Lake District by riding his bicycle on a lake 75-feet deep.

Matt Whitehurst, 16, insists the pictures are real but won't reveal how he managed to perch his bicycle atop the waters of England's Lake Buttermere. He performed the stunt to promote an upcoming cycling event that will raise money to build bridges destroyed in 2009 flooding.

"I can't and won't say how I did it, but plenty of people saw me and they'll confirm it wasn't a camera trick," he said. "The photos are real."

Bolded text say's it all really, but fair play to the lad it's for charity.

Still a trick, I'd guess glass underwater...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Appolos for the London mix up was just posting the data it said was in the London Lake district. On topic though you can see his bike reflection on the water?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
There is so much photo shop crap on the internet it's ridiculous , but it could be a magic trick like the one Chris Angel did. He walked across a swimming pool

entertaining but...

magic trick illusion

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You feel its an illusion as well any clue how he did it my friend?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by haven123

Appolos for the London mix up was just posting the data it said was in the London Lake district. On topic though you can see his bike reflection on the water?

The London Lake District?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok I will give it a shot. I think there is something inflated below his bike that is submerged but has enough air/compound within it that it allows him to float.. Then he just strides

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join