It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Miso Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms and Shrimp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is the easiest thing ever to make lol It usually comes with tofu but I just can't eat tofu so I added some baby shrimp and shiitake mushrooms to it...let me tell you those mushrooms are pricey but oh so worth it

Mblah's Miso Soup w/ Shiitake Mushrooms and Shrimp

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdd81219b80e.jpg[/atsimg]

Ingredients
2 cans of vegetable broth (I wanted to make it from scratch with the dashi granules but I couldn't find the ingredients not even at the Asian market so she told me to use two cans of the vegetable broth instead. My bf said he couldn't taste the difference)
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons miso paste (you can use any kind of miso paste)
1 cup shiitake mushrooms thinly sliced
1 cup baby shrimp cooked
4 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbs soy sauce

Directions

1.Heat broth in a sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Whisk in the miso paste and continually stir til blended.
3. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and shrimp along with the green onions. Cook til mushrooms are tender about 10mins on medium-low heat.

This is another one you can alter to your liking.

This soup goes with these recipes. I made this for a meal one night and my bf and I both enjoyed it!
Mblah's Spicy Chicken Pad Thai
Mblah's Spicy Fish Cakes w/ Cilantro Soy Dipping Sauce

edit on 7/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: haha apparently the mushrooms are vulgar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The easiest soup and nobody likes it

Has anyone else ever made this and if so what did you add? I'd like to make it again but I'd like to try other variations.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I LOVE miso soup. But, I can eat/drink far more than a $4 bowl is worth. Now I can make it and drink the whole batch...YUM!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I prefer the white Miso paste, it has a suppler flavor. Also, try adding a teaspoon or two of dashi powder if you can find it which is the traditional flavoring enchancement for miso soup.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I prefer the white Miso paste, it has a suppler flavor. Also, try adding a teaspoon or two of dashi powder if you can find it which is the traditional flavoring enchancement for miso soup.

I think I used white Miso paste, it was months ago so I don't remember. All I know is it wasn't cheap lol

I couldn't find dashi powder but I did find an online spice/herb shop that has everything!

I will have to get some and use that next time and make it the correct way with it

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I think I used white Miso paste, it was months ago so I don't remember. All I know is it wasn't cheap lol

The good thing is it lasts forever. I always keep miso paste in the fridge. If you mix it with room temperature butter it makes a great condiment for vegtables, poached eggs, fish, etc.

I couldn't find dashi powder but I did find an online spice/herb shop that has everything!

I will have to get some and use that next time and make it the correct way with it

If you can't find it let me know, I have a great Asian market near buy and the stuff is cheap, I can always send my second favorite cook on ATS a few packages of the powdered variety.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I love Miso soup. We go to one of those Hibachi steakhouses near us all the time, and we simply ask for two bowls of the soup instead of the salad with the ginger dressing.

The one we go to, is called Edo's (St. Pete, FL). It's the best of these type of restaurants we've ever tried. Also, they always have a $10 off coupon on their site, which is nice, but we'd go there anyhow. They also have a free birthday dinner and honor it up to 3 days before or after your birthday.

Everything they make though, is damn good. They have the best egg rolls anywhere too. Excellent Sushi, so I'm told (as I don't eat it) also.

I did try some of the Miso soup mixes in Publix, and they actually didn't work out bad at all. I did add my own #akes, green onion, and tofu.

Normally, I don't like tofu much, but it works in this soup.

(post by Hibasoup removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

top topics

join