It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Spicy Fish Cakes W/ Cilantro Soy dipping sauce!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I did not think I would like these to be honest. I am not a fan of fried fish or fish cakes but OMG they were delicious! The dipping sauce was a perfect touch.

Mblah's Spicy Fish Cakes W/ Cilantro Soy Dipping Sauce

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcddfdb34a88.jpg[/atsimg]

Ingredients

6oz Salmon skinned
6oz white fish (I used cod since that was all they had at the store, I prefer Haddock)
1 cup small shrimp peeled and deveined
5 oz of green beans (fresh)
1 1/4 tsp lemongrass puree (I found this in the produce section in a tube)
1 1/4 tsp ginger puree (it was right next to the lemongrass puree
)
1 1/4 tbs fish sauce
1 rind of a lime finely shredded
1 1/4 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 egg whites lightly beaten (use the medium sized eggs) or you can use 1 and 1/2 eggs whites
all purpose flour to dust and to keep them from sticking to your hands (it drove me nuts so here flour is your friend)
oil for deep frying

Directions

1.Cut the fish into cubes and chop up the shrimp. Trim green beans and thinly chop
2. Next put the fish, shrimp, lemongrass puree, ginger puree and lemon rind into a food processor and coarsely ground. Dont mush it!
3. In a bowl mix fish sauce, cilantro, green beans, egg whites and fish mixture from food processor.
4. Flour your hands and shape into small balls and then flatten into round cakes about 1/2 inch thick. Chill for an hour. I chilled mine for a few hours and they were fine.
5. After they have chilled deep fry for about 2-3 mins until golden brown. Make sure you drain them of the excess oil. I just put them on a paper towel and blotted them with it.

Cilantro Soy Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

1 1/2 tbs of coriander seeds
5 tbs dark soy sauce
1 1/4 tsp white wine vinegar
3/4 tsp sugar
fresh cilantro leaves

Directions

1. Toast the coriander seeds in a heavy bottomed skillet til golden. Do not add anything just the seeds. Cook on medium heat. Make sure you stir them around so you dont burn them.
2. Now mix the seeds with the soy sauce, white wine vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Serve in a mini dipping bowl and sprinkle a few fresh cilantro leaves into the sauce.

These were delicious! You can once again alter the fish according to your preference. If you dont like salmon add another or add more shrimp! Have fun with it!
edit on 7/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: titled my recipe wrong! forgot Mblah hehe

edit on 7/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: wow spell fail

Goes with Mblah's Spicy Chicken Pad Thai
edit on 7/19/2011 by mblahnikluver because: add the other recipe

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Now that sounds tasty, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Had a good laugh though, this is the first post I check after getting home from the gym.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Now that sounds tasty, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Had a good laugh though, this is the first post I check after getting home from the gym.

Haha well the ingredients are pretty healthy

I have many other recipes on here. I love to cook and I love to share my recipes!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Starrrrr and Flagggg!

Your recipe threads always make my mouth water. I am definitely bookmarking this one to try later on. I am not a huge fan of cilantro, but I will give it a try. Everything else in this recipe sounds amazing and words just don't do the picture justice. I just ate, but now I am hungry again

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Starrrrr and Flagggg!

Your recipe threads always make my mouth water. I am definitely bookmarking this one to try later on. I am not a huge fan of cilantro, but I will give it a try. Everything else in this recipe sounds amazing and words just don't do the picture justice. I just ate, but now I am hungry again

LOL thanks

Yeah I was without my computer for three weeks (torture) so I had some recipes I hadn't been able to post that I am posting now. I so missed making everyone hungry

The cilantro in the fish cakes is very subtle. If you dont like cilantro in the dipping sauce you dont have to add it. It would taste just fine without it. You can substitute with parsley if you like. That would be just as good

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

makes me wish I had a fryer

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

makes me wish I had a fryer

You don't need one! I don't have one.

I used a regular sauce pan. I made sure it was the stronger one that was non-stick. Its what I cook soup and sauces in. It's nothing fancy. It didn't get ruined. I have made chicken strips that way too.

You can also fry them in a frying pan too

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

hmm i'll remember that and try something like this sometime soon...haven't had fish in quite a while so it sounds pretty tastey

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
looks and sounds muy deliciouso specially after reading the ingredients, reminds of fancy type salmon patties which I eat like a wild grizzly fresh out of hibernation, cilantros nice specially in this kind of heat gives it a tropicalishi cool kinda flair, thanks for the recipe

new topics

top topics

join