It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Ceiling: Why Not Cut Off The Welfare Checks Too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Bankster bailout. Leech.

GM. Leech.

MiddleEast meddling ("wars"). Leech

President's upcoming billions (campaign money) to keep his job. Leech.

Republicans. Leech.

Giant sports stadium instead of local infrastructure. Leech.

Aid to other countries. Leech.

Contributions to UN. Leech.

(Suckle suckle suckle suck....)
edit on 19-7-2011 by simone50m because: adtext.

I think someone just hit the nail right on the head as to whom the true leeches are.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Ok, forget about the post then,

but what about the title?

Simple.
It costs me far less to have people on welfare then it does to have them stealing from me because they are desperate and poor.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
According to our right winged, wolves in sheep clothing pseudo liberal provincial government's own studies, it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars in services and medical for one homeless person. Of course we don't tazer and shoot them like some of the cops do there, and they do have the right to medical services. We have base line support.

According to statistics, (by the way these statistics are out by at least 10 years, and really should be put up higher), it costs 40 000 per child, per year, with all the gov payments, etc etc, everyone who has that case file in their cabinets, all get a slice, FOR EACH CHILD IN FOSTER CARE YEARLY..

Add it up and do the math.

The only way they would ever consider cutting this is if, they cut access to medical, no foster care for children, and plan on eliminating everyone or running a third world country like the phillipines. The middle class would shrink greatly and become the working poor.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46556f619b57.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 19-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think you are missing the point here.

No one is slamming the poor, it is the able bodied ones claiming to be poor (but really aren't) that are the subject of this thread.
It's the ones that blatantly abuse the system, under the guise of entitlement, that have ruined it for the ones that truly need it.
Sure there may be folks receiving Social Security benefits that are also abusing the system, but I'm sure that number is much lower.
Regardless, the point is, if you are going to do it one group then do it to the other as well.

Besides, what did the military do to deserve this?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am ashamed and saddened at the speed and ease we Americans turn on each other. Why all the anger towards people who are suffering most, why not be angry at the banks, Wall Street, and the numerous corporations who shipped American jobs overseas, many who avoid paying taxes at all.You want to talk about leeches look at Blackwater and Haliburton and all the other vultures who drain or defense budget. I understand your anger but lets be mad at the people who DID something to put us into this mess.

My husband and I were laid off a month apart two years ago. I worked in a construction related field and he in heavy industry (his company shipped the factory to Mexico) I went back to school knowing I couldn't find a job in my field again. Now that I am out of school there are still no jobs.My husband takes any work he can find but it's all been temporary and pays 1/4 what he used to make. We lived on 14,000 last year compared to 50,000 two years ago. YES we applied for food stamps. I suggest anyone else try and feed a family on the $200.00 a month they give us. Everyday for the last four months I have checked the paper and about six different sites online I am lucky if I can find two jobs a day to apply to. I am registered with five different temporary job agencies and only managing to get 40 hours of work in four months. I dare anyone to suggest that any of this was our fault or that we are leeches. I am so sick of this country and most of the people in it who want to sit and blame the victims not the guilty. Not everyone on public assistance in uneducated, unskilled or unwilling to work.

The plan works, we are so busy blaming and fighting each other that we never see the puppeteer pulling the strings.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I think we should give more money to other countries. We already gave out some 70 billion dollars for bases in other countries per year, so why not more Money. MOE- MONEY.
The taxpayer needs more protection. MAKE more bases and tax more and spend more on bases.
WE NEED THIS. This is good for YOU.
Now that your gov't is protecting you better, I think it is time to go outside and take a deep breath of that clean air and put a huge smile on your face every time you go outside. NOW THATS , appreciation for your gov't.

YES, cut, cut,cut, and cut them off. Cut states fraud, cut those dirty welfare frauds and SS frauds, cut the medicare frauds, cut environmental fraud programs, cut fraudulent wages, cut waste down, cut housing fraud, cut,cut,cut and more cut. BUT, make sure we send out billions and billions of dollars to help those in other countries we have bases in. Those poor people, they need our help and we get a base too. YOU taxpayers straighten up and help out here. YOUR gov't needs your money, now get on the ball here. NOW, go outside and take a deep huge breath of air and put a huge smile on your face and like it.

Come on people. We need protection, MORE BASES and send out more billions and billions of more dollars overseas to other countries. COME ON, GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I think we should bail out more ceo's and banks. They try so hard to help us poor folk around here from our bankruptcy. After all like they said, WE CREATED IT. SO, get over it and help out and pay more taxes. THIS is good for you. It serves your country well and you helped it. The debt needs to be paid, now pay it. Don't forget to pay your taxes this year. Oh, and go outside and breath in that clean air and put a huge smile on your face that says, I helped my gov't in taxes.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Objectivity

Originally posted by Alxandro
It appears Obama is not bluffing when he says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks and military checks will go out on August 3.

Of course he's not bluffing, he's got a birthday bash to pay for!

What a surprise.

We all know how much Obama loathes the military, except for a brief period when they captured Osama and ended up getting a small bump in the popularity polls as a result.
But of course both his mini poll bump and appreciation for the military were short lived, so now that he no longer has any use for them, it's time to throw them under the bus and cut off their checks.

As for seniors, he hates them too, and cutting off their checks only confirms that he truly embraces the Death Panel concept that his followers scoffed at just a few short years ago.

But wait, here's thought.

If Obama is truly worried about the lack of money in the coffers,
why not cut off the welfare checks too?

Makes sense to me.
Why just pick on the majority of the folks that truly deserve to receive their checks?

Maybe he is afraid of potential nation-wide, flash mob robberies occuring all over America.

NAH!
He wouldn't even dare of cutting off welfare checks because, ahem, he dare not upset his last remaining base of loyal faithfuls.

It's all about the vote, baby!

What do y'all think?

I think your entire post reeks of racism and opinionated bias.

I think your post reeks of extreme sarcasm, yes?

Let's not have anything that's slightly true now huh, naw, can't have that.

So this is how it goes, eh? President announces a possibility and here we are playing the blame game, playing our useless part as usual, magnificent.

edit on 19-7-2011 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry OP...you took the bait from Øbama....
you are focusing on cutting the budgets of social programs...

instead of cutting the funding for wars & interventions & conflicts all over the globe which generates the profits of the Hawks out there in politics and industry.

the harmless sounding 'Defense' Spending should be more aptly retitled as 'War' Spending

just look at the plethora of pie charts out there & see just where the debts are....
SSA takes in $200BN per month and pays out $50 BN month = net gain
Wars in the ME and CAsia & NAfrica cost Trillions & are continuing but have NO funding or revenue or booty

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Thanks for the much needed laugh. My husband found a job in Canada. I figure if my family immigrated here with nothing, I can do it too. It will be good to be back working again and not to have to decide if we want to eat or have electric.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I Know they're playing one group of those in need against another, and for a moment lets go away from who paid into what, though that is significant here as well. However, its an attack on the Federal Programs from what I can see.

If it actually happens, the reason would be, the end is near, and the transfer of power and empire would be complete so the US would be either preparing to depopulation or for third world conditions.

It was never about saving money.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You guys are amazing. The thing you simply do not understand is that -- thanks to 30 years of globalization -- there are simply not enough jobs to go around. They are gone. I don't believe most of the boot-strappers on this site have any idea how desperate it is in the real right now.

I ran an ad Friday for some help doing what I do in the East Valley area of Phoenix, AZ. I offered 11 / hr. I received over 300 resume's, and a vast majority of them were tendered by folks with an associates degree or better. I have over 30 resumes here from folks with Masters Degrees.

Sadly -- I can only afford to hire 1 person, and I can only promise them about 25 hours a week.

Hopefully I can make this work for me so that I can make it work for others as well. The cards are heavily stacked in favor of giant stateless corporations, and against micro-businesses like ours.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I asked my American Government professor "at what point do we become a banana republic?" He told me "as soon as we start growing bananas." We are going to be Brazil soon where you either live in a walled exclusive community or in a shack. The French had a similar problem. They solved it with the guillotine.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

They have those in the Fema camps. Please don't draw in that frequency, we're not allowing that at all. Hold Light, say No to all negative, be assertive with the Leaders, never comply with any of this, ever, or when things get worse. Never once! All negativity is insanity, delusion and in reality, Illusion. For this is the testing zone matrix, and unless people are shining, growing their love, they're not sane, or well, or taking good self care. Its not an equal choice, there is only one choice that is wellness and health, physical, emotional, mental and spiritual, Love and Equality, to Infinity and Beyond ,the Progression.
Don't empower pain tactics, these guys a zillion of them lined up. We need to stand together and protect everyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Because he is doing EVERYTHING in his power to win over the illegal aliens for his votes, that is why he is trying to give them all legal citizenship. And if you are trying to win the favor of the lower class there is no way you can stop sending out those welfare checks! Obama is an enemy to our country and if you follow his moves, you'll notice everything that makes sense and is logical to do, he will always do the opposite. It is the only thing he is consistent on. If something is actually good for the majority and benefits those who deserve it most, you can be assured he will take the opposite stance.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
I asked my American Government professor "at what point do we become a banana republic?" He told me "as soon as we start growing bananas." We are going to be Brazil soon where you either live in a walled exclusive community or in a shack. The French had a similar problem. They solved it with the guillotine.

Forget about bananas, another good indicator that tells me we are becoming a third world nation is the fact that we are beginning to win at soccer.

Careful with your last statement, you might get a knock on your door.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Nice priorities man. Let's spend TRILLIONS paying to train and finance our sons and daughters to go and murder civilians instead of billions giving a TINY boost to people who really need it. People like you sicken me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Debt Ceiling: Why Not Cut Off The Welfare Checks Too?

This scares me.

Up until a year ago I would agree, however, for the last 6 months I have been on welfare, and if it was not for welfare, my family would be hungry and we would be homeless.

I can work, I WANT to work, and I cannot find a job. Why?

In the last year I have moved twice looking for work. I went from Alaska to Texas, Texas was a bust, it seems there unless you are Mexican or Texan, they don't want you. So I moved back to Minnesota where I grew up and have connections, because here I should be able to find work....nope...

It certainly isn't for lack of trying, I have filled out 100's if not 1000's of applications looking for a job, NOTHING.
When they say many people are one paycheck away from poverty, they are not kidding. If it was not for my family back here, I would be homeless as would my wife and 6 year old daughter. We survive on 500 a month food stamps, which works well enough to keep us fed, if that was gone, we would shrivel up and die.

I am all for fixing the economy! PLEASE GOD SOMEBODY FIX IT so I can go back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But don't take those people who for what-ever reason cannot find work and lump them all into one category as useless, leaching off the system...because MANY of us are not. Going after the poor and taking the only thing that is saving a lot of people from starving to death is pure stupidity. Especially now that employers are not hiring, cutting welfare is a death sentence to a lot of people.

You wanna fix the economy? Then stop spending billions on needless wars, giving money to countries that don't need it and start putting the money back into our own system, and for god sake! Fix our infrastructure, which generates jobs and is BADLY needed.

Attacking the poor is not an option because we are the ones who are suffering the most.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Are you saying people that live off their Social Security checks don't need their tiny boosts?

Your selectivity sickens me.
If you're going to attack me you need to attack the President too, I'm not the one holding the military and seniors over the barrel.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

They just might cut off welfare. Michigan has finally taken a step in the right direction, by cutting off welfare recipients after being on it for 4 years.

More than 12,600 welfare recipients and their children will lose monthly checks averaging $511 effective Oct. 1. The Senate passed a House bill today that imposes a strict 48-month time limit on benefits There is no grandfather clause in the measure, approved 24-12, which tightens the original 2006 benefits cap that allowed for benefit extensions if the recipient was in job training or unable to work. That means most recipients who are or will be past 48 months on Oct. 1 will be cut off. Gov. Rick Snyder supports the bill that would save some $77 million. Recipients could no longer apply to the Department of Human Services for an extension beyond the 48 months. Nor could DHS make allowances for those it determines should be exempt from work requirements. The Senate did add language that allows benefit extensions for those caring for a disabled spouse or child. Rep. Ken Horn, R-Frankenmuth, the bill sponsor, said welfare should be a safety net and not a "lifestyle."

Source
edit on 7/19/2011 by SpaDe_ because: .....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join