It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, July 19th, Government takes down radar sites for repair in the Northeast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have Accuweather.com on my FB page, they just put up a message that read:

Please use caution looking at radar images this afternoon in the Northeast... especially Pennsylvania. The government has taken down sites at New York City and State College for repairs, and Pittsburgh is cutting in and out.

Just to make those aware who rely on radar images.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
hmmmm curious indeed.....
Am gonna watch this........like a hawk.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I'm so confused. Why is this in Fragile Earth & why does anyone have to be careful when looking at radar when they take it down? What am I missing?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

I hope there are no weather out breaks during the radar down time

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Possibly odd. And, yes, aren't we expecting rather large storms in PA across the next 24 hours or so?
Additionally, and this will make this even more in the wrong forum (sorry) if you are in PA...do you see the orb things at night? Since last March or so my husband and I see them almost all the time. I have checked satellite cross overs, etc. The most dramatic was last summer when two appeared to "interact". Just curious if you have seen them too. I will be sky watching (weathe permitting) while these are down even more than usual.
I do intend to make a thread about the orbs (for lack of a better word) but we only have one tape and they are hard to tape and it doesn't look like much. And you know, "pic or it didn't happen!".

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanx from the Pitts, the weather is just in cleaning mode. Are we expecting company lol
And I have seen lights in formation here last year its in a thread I made. I will keep an open eye tonite

Here is the thread I made about what I seen last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
In case anyone wants to keep an eye on things,
here is a link to the national mosaic radar.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As of 3:05 today, EDT, not seeing any radar stations down in the NE

classic.wunderground.com...

Couple in Texas and CA......
Gotta wonder where they get their info from and how reliable it is.
Accuweather is usually...well, pretty accurate.
edit on Tue Jul 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Castogere

Here is the real deal on that little bit of fiction.
There was a rather prominent anomaly visible in the northeast this morning. This was soon obscured by some unusual clouds, my first thought was to check weather radar for anything unusual in this cloud cluster. I had no internet access at the time so I missed that window.
Obviously there is no link between the radar being down and my earlier observations and thought process but I think it needs to be noted.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Okay, an SW PA, Pittsburgh area ATSers who have noticed "brighter" skies the last few days? Like weird, almost painful sunniness? Please no "Pittsburgh jokes" I am very serious. The sky blue seems off.

Okay...I am ready to be called a nut...but this radar issue kinda spooks me with my observations.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

There was a rather prominent anomaly visible in the northeast this morning. This was soon obscured by some unusual clouds, my first thought was to check weather radar for anything unusual in this cloud cluster. I had no internet access at the time so I missed that window.
Obviously there is no link between the radar being down and my earlier observations and thought process but I think it needs to be noted.

Any thoughts on what that anomaly might have been? Obscured by unusual clouds? Unusual in what way? Sorry I just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind last night and the mother ship came in under cloud cover that was highly unusual but thats hollywood.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Gee, looks like radar isn't the only thing shut down in the N.E.

Dense fog closes all Chicago beaches except for one

On one of the hottest days of the year, the Chicago Park District ordered a swim ban on all its beaches Tuesday because of visibility problems for lifeguards caused by dense fog.

So... no radar, no visibility.

What are they moving?

edit on 19-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Sorry, I can't help you...I south of you - in VA...been VERY cloudy, no sun at all the past 3/4 days....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Any thoughts on what that anomaly might have been? Obscured by unusual clouds? Unusual in what way? Sorry I just watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind last night and the mother ship came in under cloud cover that was highly unusual but thats hollywood.

I guess I can say it now, I was waiting for an answer on my related thread before I posted this. Related thread can be found here............
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Moon was about 55 degrees above the horizon at 7:45am EDT, it should have been at 23 degrees above the horizon.
There is (and has been for over a year) something seriously wrong with the Earth, Sun, Moon relationship.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Please don't take this as a 'dumb' question--i honestly feel there IS a change in the sun's 'placement.'. We NEVER have had sunlight 'hit' the rooms on the back (northwest) side of our house, like we have had this summer. No change of window coverings; no trees trimmed. Nothing different...about 6-8 weeks ago we HAD to move things around in our family room. The sun was (for the first time ever) hitting the screen dead on; when we switched things around a chair went where the TV was--but you cannot sit there, late afternoon, as the sun just hits the window (and that corner). This has never happened before. Odd...could this be another result of the anomoly your mentioned?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Seems they have disabled our radar here in Kentucky also.

But here is the latest GOES satellite image.

www.goes.noaa.gov...

Is this routine,or something going on??

edit on 19-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That's a good question...

Earlier this evening, I had a friend over who was riding his motor cycle, I checked the radar before he left, I saw nothing close by. He informed me that a few miles up the road he got nailed with downpours
Funny, the radar showed NOTHING! I saw a little bit of rain south of me, some way north, but nothing local. Plus, I am not in the northeast, more mid-atlantic.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok,thats weird.
I click on the NWS national radar and I see my location just fine.
But when I go to zoom in on my location it flashes between the
radar and a message that the radar is down.
But it's working cause I see it.
Cover up??
Getting creepy.

www.wave3.com...

radar.weather.gov...

radar.weather.gov...

Click on third link and you will see what I'm saying about the message.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Please don't take this as a 'dumb' question--i honestly feel there IS a change in the sun's 'placement.'. We NEVER have had sunlight 'hit' the rooms on the back (northwest) side of our house, like we have had this summer. No change of window coverings; no trees trimmed. Nothing different...about 6-8 weeks ago we HAD to move things around in our family room. The sun was (for the first time ever) hitting the screen dead on; when we switched things around a chair went where the TV was--but you cannot sit there, late afternoon, as the sun just hits the window (and that corner). This has never happened before. Odd...could this be another result of the anomoly your mentioned?

I honestly can not think of a better way to express what I'm trying to explain here than what you just posted. That is a real world verifiable change that you observed in your own environment, that you control. Most people are seeing the same things you are, but for whatever reason, they simply are not connecting the dots.
I believe the entire earth, moon, sun relationship has changed over the past year to year and a half, I also believe these changes are becoming more pronounced as time goes on.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Ok,thats weird.
I click on the NWS national radar and I see my location just fine.
But when I go to zoom in on my location it flashes between the
radar and a message that the radar is down.
But it's working cause I see it.
Cover up??
Getting creepy.

www.wave3.com...

radar.weather.gov...

radar.weather.gov...

Click on third link and you will see what I'm saying about the message.

I checked St Louis and get the same message, also checked where I live and get it too. Same as yours, I see the radar and then the message and back and forth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join