It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sub-vocal speech or actual thought transfer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The other night I conducted my own thought experiment. I was laying in bed with my wife , we were in the back to stomach spoon position. I had my head aginst the back of hers. So then I was wondering if I could have a thought transference to her. I concentrated on the phrase," Do you love me? So I just repeated it about 4 times in my head (I closed my mouth tight to make sure I wasnt inadvertantly mouthing it). Then after that 4th time she nodded her head and whispered "yes". I was blown away!!!! I gently shook her shoulder and asked why she nodded her head and said ,yes. She told me she didnt know why. I then told her what I was doing. She didn't believe me until I told her"why do you think I woke (all the way woke) you up?"

So thats what happened.
Now, I know it could be pure coinencidence but I highly doubt that. And like I noted in the title, it could be she was just picking up on sub-vocal speech. heres a link to what nasa is doing with sub-vocal speech.

NASA--Sub-vocal speech demo

I really dont know what or how it happened but a direct question went from me to her with out a word being said.
I will have to try some experiments out with my little guinie pig.

Do any members here have more knowledge on this subject to help shed some light or maybe some of yall have done your own experiments.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I learned in a science course in college that thought transfer was thought to be possible. My professor told us about some simple/primitive form of worms which were separated into 2 groups.

The first group was conditioned to respond to something like a blinking light, by triggering the light every time they were fed. That way, when they blinked the light, the worms would travel to the feeding area anticipating a meal.

The second group were just fed regularly without any blinking lights. When they tested the lights on these worms, they did not respond to the lights in any particular way.

For the next step, the scientists took the first group of worms, mashed them up and fed them to the second group. They discovered that AFTER the second group had eaten the first group of worms, they suddenly responded to the blinking lights by going to their feeding area.

This was years ago and I remember my jaw almost dropping because it didn't fit my understanding of reality. I don't know if they ever found an explanation or not.

I tried looking for a source but without luck. I thought the story might be interesting to consider still. Maybe someone else has heard this too and would be more helpful.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can, with much work, transfer images to someone else. We are all connected, by the very nature of what everything is comprised of...energy. Some call what you experienced, manipulation of energy. It only stands to reason, this is possible.

Des

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

They fed the first worms to the second group?!

Thats very highlander-ish

Your thoughts and knowledge are now mine!!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!

But seriously thats wild that they would react to the stimulant after just eating the remains of their former buddies. very strange indeed.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And you still do not believe your wife can not "read' your mind?

I am not sure how long you have been married friend but you will find out they can.

So my best advice to you is monitor what you think.

I was married for 22 years before she past away and it actually became a little freaky after a while.

I was working on the other side of the city from where I live and when it became time for my lunch break, for some reason, I decided to check out a new taco place that just opened.

I parked my truck and walked inside and there was my wife sitting there and had just ordered her food!

The strange look on her face which was reflected on my own was priceless.

She asked me how I knew she was there,I said I didn't I just spontaneously stopped there.

She had actually been in the Walmart nearby and when she walked out just decided to eat there.

Get used to it buddy it is called,"being married".

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Your timing to try thought transferance was almost perfect. You were both in altered states with brainwaves in the alpha and theta ranges. If it was early in the evening, she would not likely have been down into the delta state that early. However, even delta is associated with some psi.

It is said by some scientists that study psi that "intent" is the key. You were both in a elaxed state and her unconscious recognized the gist of the thought and unconsciously nodded as we all sometimes do when we unconsiously respond to something to evoke that movement from the TV or movie.

Actually, your thought need not be even mentally vocalized. Enough experiments have been done to confirm that the staring at the back of someone's head with no associated thought in mind other than doing that act can be sensed by the other person. It is not surprising that we all know exactly what is meant when someone says, "I felt like someone was staring at me."

There were a few times, usually after love-making that I absolutely know that my wife's and my brain were "in tune," meaning on the same lower frequencies. This feeling, interlocking, is much that same that can be sensed when one is doing something with a small group, such as singing around a piano. So it is all part of the same fantastic capabilities that most of us possess but never develop.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
reply to post by Angelaisaac

They fed the first worms to the second group?!

Thats very highlander-ish

Your thoughts and knowledge are now mine!!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!

But seriously thats wild that they would react to the stimulant after just eating the remains of their former buddies. very strange indeed.

Well documented experiment...

In 1953, Dr. James McConell began performing labyrinthine experiments with planarian worms (Dugesia dorotocephala) at the University of Michigan, training them, using the punishment operand of classical conditioning, to learn over a period of months to consistently follow the most effective route through a maze.

This is all old hat. Planarian worms are cheaper to buy and keep alive than lab rats. Nothing new. But it was what he did next which raised a few eyebrows.

Keeping track of how long it had taken the entire first group of worms to successfully learn how to run the maze, he killed them all and fed the remains to a second group of hitherto untrained worms. Keeping this second group and a third control group of planarians (on a normal, non-cannibalistic diet) isolated, they were all trained to run the same maze using the same method as with the first group of worms.

The control group of worms took roughly the same amount of time to learn to run the maze as the first batch had, but the group which had eaten the first, educated bunch learned to run the maze considerably faster than both the control group and the original group on which they had dined. It was as though by eating the first group of learned worms, they had in some small way attained a not insignificant glimmer of the knowledge which had been previously imparted unto their dinners.

"That maybe explains the custom among cannibal tribes of eating the wise man after his death in order to recieve his wisdom. General, you could go into a delicatessen and order Einstein on pumpernickel..." - Alan Moore, The Anatomy Lesson

[url]http://everything2.com/title/The+ability+of+planarian+worms+to+run+a+maze+more+successfully+after+being+fed+the+remains+of+a+successful+worm[/url ]

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

We have only been married for a year but Im certain its just not the run of the mill " Ive been with you forever so I know what your thinking before you say it" kinda thing. Just last night I overheard her talking to one of her friends about it, so I joined in the conversation, then she said somthing that totally amazed me! She wants to learn more about it and join in on some astral projecting exercises.
I'm so excited for her to learn and broaden her horizons. We have an almost identical view about God/Spirtuality except hers is leaning alot more toward christianity. So the next few months should be fun. maybe we can romp around the astral plane together. hehe

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thats exactly why I tried it when I did. I figured we were both in relaxed simi-concious states, and we would both be better able to send/ receive information sub conciously. We are both still amazed that it worked.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the info Destiny, I was a little frustrated at my attempts with google on that one.

And to the OP, I wanted to share an experience I just recently had that reminded me of your thread. Last night I was having a dream that made me unsettled so I started moaning in my sleep. I woke up because I heard my boyfriend say "you're dreaming." When I rolled over and looked at him, I realized he was actually asleep.
So, this morning I asked him if he had woken me up overnight. He said no, but that he had heard noises, and once he realized it was me he thought to himself "shes dreaming" and fell back asleep. So he had never said anything, yet I heard him.

I was quite surprised at my experience, especially having remembered yours, so I just wanted to share.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Didn't you say you kept your lips firmly closed? If so, how could it be "subvocal speech"?
"Speech" by definition implies speaking. "Subvocal speech" is simply a fancy name for "(almost) inaudible speech", but it IS speech.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that telepathy exists. Denying it would be ridiculous.
I am glad you experienced it yourself.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Didn't you say you kept your lips firmly closed? If so, how could it be "subvocal speech"?
"Speech" by definition implies speaking. "Subvocal speech" is simply a fancy name for "(almost) inaudible speech", but it IS speech

Sub-vocal speech

Im sorry, but you are incorrect. vist the link and read the very first line of the concept of sub-vocal speech.
The sensors used to digitize subvocal speech pick up on the electrical impulses sent to your vocal cords as you "think" the words. You never actually "speak" in the general sense of the word.

But yes it was quite amazing to have done it on purposed, because if I was just randomly thinking the question and got the same response from her, I would be questioning myself wether I 'actually' spoke it or not.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Believe me (or not
), I am familiar with "subvocal speech", for professional reasons.
Besides, you did not use your vocal cords, did you?
You cannot use them unwittingly, unless you are really "out of it".

Anyway, I can assure you that telepathy most certainly exists, in cases where there is not even the remotest possibility of any sort of speech, however inaudible, to be the carrier of the thoughts.
Again, I am just glad for you that you experienced it yourself.
Now build on that. :-)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Our brains are connected artificially, part of the programming is an emotional transferrence lexicon, each subset of language is a differing expression of the symbols, much like a puzzle, our speech decodes the template, as well as the system interacting on a hyperdimensional level.

In terms of natural connections, emotions are stronger and are sensed on the inside as empathy, however, language when pursued consumes this energy and thus the more thoughts we have inside our minds, the lessened degree of emotional transferrence and innate knowledge that occurs on the inside.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I do believe that was a reply with the largest technical words/ regular words ratio I have ever seen. Good on ya.

Now if I can only decode the words you said. hmmmm.......

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Believe me (or not
), I am familiar with "subvocal speech", for professional reasons.
Besides, you did not use your vocal cords, did you?
You cannot use them unwittingly, unless you are really "out of it".

I am not too familiar with sub-vocal speech, just what Ive read and wached on the sci channel. So I'll take you word for it. I mainly put the sub-vocal part in the title as attention grabber. I know it was telepathy, and now after that night my wife is interested in astral travel, meditation and much more of the like.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Ok, emotions/feeling can be described much like colours, red means anger, blue means calm, for example. We also can categorise sound waves according to thier spectrum - for example, aggression would be an intense, shortwave, high-speed spectrum of emotion, and calm would be a slow-moving waveform.

When emotions that are generated electrochemically - that is, electricity that powers our nervous system and the chemical reactions that create emotions, as well as the interaction with our bodies own electric field, we have a measurable set of emotional "frequencies" - now, when these frequencies reach the receptors in the brain (although initially occuring from the brain, they return to our awareness in the form of a closed loop) we can actually, diagrammatically represent our emotions.

For example, imagine a chart of frequencies, right down to the most minute of measurement, a chart that can categorise each emotional impulse into frequencies.

Now, with this chart, we can overlay a system of symbols, each symbol is a component part of emotions - thus a lexicon or lexicogram is formed - much like bird identification charts waveform characteristics can be matched like wingspan and colours, and the name of the bird is a symbol for each emotional character.

When we speak a language, all our words are expressed as a pattern of emotions, when we use the system, we are basically speaking through a kind of digitised system or pattern of expression - for example, when an animal makes a sound, it is pure, analogue, continuous, like a bird chirping or a dog barking - when we speak in systemmatic languages, we are speaking from a set of codes, that are firstly interpreted from our raw emotions, placed into the lexicon, and with a pre-set pattern of personality as well as our own unique forms of "characterisation" create the "speech" from the template.

In that aspect, to speak without the template would be very natural or logarithmic, and to speak from the system would sound almost robotic.

Most of our thoughts are translated emotions, that are also placed into a variety of "mechanisms" designed to create specific thought patterns.

When you assume that our brains can be interlinked through the system conduits, we have essentially, a kind of machine language that operates between our minds.

To speak naturally, try to "isolate" the word "I" from your speech.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hey guys, I have pioneered various techniques useful in deciphering human thoughts as the occur & further allow the the subject or another person to (generally) hear their own thoughts. This is because modern DVRs have the ability to clearly capture emf energy which is often times erroneously mistaken for E.V.P.'s created by disembodied spirits although some are indeed legitimate.

Once you re-record the results to another digital device, just turn the mic up really loud & hear for your self!

The really cool aspect to this is that upon receiving a conscious injection of thought which is identified as a pop or click, a bang or in some instances even melodic as the subject searches the Akasiac data base (usually some 40 sec. into a conversation) matching the tonal imprint of the parties involved (masculine or feminine) as well as the accompanying the conversation on hand usually 2-4 Sec. prior to the larynx vocalizing speech although some are actually rite under the vocal words themselves which are the principles of Reverse Speech however crude. Further; one can then reverse these results to scan for intent. I am even able to slow down 100 or 200% to often expose a alternate & complimentary meaning spoken in the native language that the person forms thought in. In other cases an inaudible result is heard forward yet a distinctly recognizable message is revealed in reverse. Other times you would type this mambo jumbo as you would hear phonetically into Google Images & seeks out the least common denominator near the very top as much of thought is expressed in pictures & metaphors. Then focus on the meta tags to "read" the message!

I find this to be 100% accurate with none of the vocal contamination that is prevalent with traditional Reverse Speech (RS) which relies on the larynx to form speech & often reveals a word that can be duplicated by others. Often misused by special interests regarding politics, etc., & not credible as much w/o further testing. My subvocal RS is handy for lie detection, declassification & more such as flirting with the ladies (or steer clear of undesirable dates)

You can find more info at my site subvocalspeech.com or my YT channel "Begbucks"

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Subvocalspeech

Thank you very much for your post!

I am currently trying to find methods for a new social structure that I believe can actually have the end result of world peace. When you posted that the technology can listen to the actual intent of a person, I got goosebumps, because that is EXACTLY what I'm trying to find a way of doing.

Is the website you posted your own? Is there a way I can contact you through that website?
We need to talk.

Once again, thank you for your post.

It seems that you just started your website, I commend you on getting it started but If you want to be taken seriously, you have to have a proffesional webdesigner make your site. The weird font really takes away from what you are trying to accomplish. Im sure you can ask a few members here on ATS (in the web design forum) to help you out.

~much love~
edit on 22-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join